3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   New: The Firm WAVE!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/151653-new-firm-wave.html)

scarahjs 09-16-2008 12:30 PM

New: The Firm WAVE!!!

I just got an email from The Firm and there showing a video of The New Firm Wave!! Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/thefirmfitness

nelie 09-16-2008 01:07 PM

Oh my, I'm impressed, that looks awesome.

yoyonomoreinvegas 09-16-2008 01:11 PM

ya know, that looks like it would be fun enough to keep me interested. I love my Fluidity, but that looks like it could move in on my "dancey" dvd territory.

nelie 09-16-2008 01:20 PM

Although they show it like that, The Firm videos generally aren't dancy. They do generally kick butt though :)

scarahjs 09-16-2008 01:31 PM

I know I think it will be different then all the other Firm videos but still kick my butt hopefully. I will deffinitly be getting it as soon as it comes out, depending on the price though. Some of there stuff is sooo expenseive then drops a few months later.

nelie 09-26-2008 11:00 AM

Anyone know a release date for this?

fiberlover 09-26-2008 01:40 PM

I know you can preorder it now. I love FIRM stuff. Wish I had the extra $$ to get this!

nelie 09-26-2008 07:21 PM

Oh, I went and saw they have it on their front page now. yeah $90... hmm I have too much going on right now anyway to play with the Firm.

ddc 09-28-2008 03:47 PM

Oooooo, I want one of these. It looks like alot of fun :)

Hmmmmm........do I want to spend the money ???????????
decisions, decisions

LessEveryDay 09-30-2008 01:56 AM

It looks like it'd be good from an impact point of view.

If you were handy, you could probably make this doodad.

painted lady 09-30-2008 08:20 AM

that looks really cool. i only own one FIRM dvd (total body toner), but i want to buy more. i don't know how i feel about Allie Del Rio, though.

ddc 09-30-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LessEveryDay (Post 2386167)
It looks like it'd be good from an impact point of view.

If you were handy, you could probably make this doodad.

I've been trying to think of something that would have a curve in it that would be sturdy enough to stand on.
I can't think of anything.

Any ideas???

LessEveryDay 09-30-2008 11:29 AM

One of those round plastic sleds? But, overall, the shape wouldn't be right. I can't think of anything else you could find.

My first thought was that a woodworker could repeatedly cut the curve out of wood, then glue the pieces together to get the width. The interior curves could even be routed out to decrease the weight. I wouldn't think you'd want to do that to the two end pieces, though.

You could also build the skeleton out of wood and cover it with fiberglass, but not many folks have the skills and materials for that!

You could also cut out the curves for the edge and then nail a structure between those two pieces. You'd have to make sure the exterior curves are what stayed in contact with the floor to ensure the smoothness. So, from the side, you'd see the crescent with a bunch of nail heads around the edge, as opposed to seeing the edges of the cross pieces. I don't think this would be as strong as my first wood plan.

nelie 09-30-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by painted lady (Post 2386348)
that looks really cool. i only own one FIRM dvd (total body toner), but i want to buy more. i don't know how i feel about Allie Del Rio, though.

I absolutely love Allie Del Rio. She is my favorite and I'd LOVE to look anything like her.

painted lady 09-30-2008 04:20 PM

i think it's her accent. it sounds kind of Southernish mixed with Philadelphia, but i can't find a bio online that says where she's from.

i'm probably just biased because i'm used to Yoga Booty Ballet and love the instructors for it. getting used to a new instructor is always hard!