Old 09-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 195 / 147 / 145

Height: 5'9"

Level Three today! I felt like I got beat up - even with the fact that I was late into every exercise as I watched the girls demonstrate. At one point, I was doing an exercise with weights and thought I could move up to my eight-pound weights. It worked great for a bit, but I had to shift back down since you use the weights SO much on Level Three! So, I'm going to stick with my five-pound weights for this week.

I was able to do most exercises okay with two exceptions. I still can't do mountain climbers because of my dizziness issues. But, at the end, I noticed how Anita does them and realized that wouldn't shake my head so much. So, I may just do them Anita's way. There was another exercise that made me dizzy, but I think it was because I had my head down, watching myself. If I keep my head up and steady, I should be able to do it. One of the cardio exercises has you jumping up like a cheerleader, almost kicking yourself in the rear. I can't do that. I feel like I'm going to fall forward when I try to kick both feet up like that together!!! So, I just did my best. I'm sure glad no one sees me exercise. I look like a fool! I'm still doing push-ups on my knees, though I sometimes try to do a few on my toes. It's amazing how much more difficult they get on your toes!

Though my calorie intake is down, my weight loss is still stalling. My average calories are down about 100 from my average over the course of my weight loss. Maybe I need to go lower? There are some variables, though. Obviously, 45 pounds ago, I burned more calories just living! And, at the start, DS was nursing more. So, my calorie burning factory is smaller now and I don't have as much of a nursing advantage. But, I'm more active now in general and I'm shredding five times (well, four some times!) per week! I so want to get rid of these last five pounds!
LessEveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 147/138/129

Height: 5'4"

I ended up doing level 2 yesterday and it kicked my butt! I tried it again this morning, and while it wasn't pretty, I did make it through, so I'll keep at it.

Level 1: 9 days
Level 2: 2 days
Level 3: 0 days
tferg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 218.8/165/165

Height: 5'7"

Happy Tuesday everyone!

FINALLY got back on track and did day six last night. It was actually... dare I say... easy?? I mean, yeah a little out of breath at a couple points... but I was able to get through it all no problem... now I'm itching to move onto level 2, but I'll at least do level 1 a few more times and make sure I've got it all down pat.

Congrats to you level 2 and 3ers!!!

(day 7 tonight!)
kukristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:32 PM   #139  

Level Three is beating me up! I'm making it through, but, WOW, it's killing me more than Level One did when my non-exercising self started this journey. I haven't had any muscle pain like I did when I first started Level One, but I'm surely pooped when it's all done!

The weight is hanging in there. I so want to drop a pound by tomorrow morning so my little progress sig below will have a lower number for 10/1!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #140  

Good morning shredders!

I just finished day 3 of level 2, and it is getting a bit easier. I've noticed some muscle soreness in different places than level 1, so I know I'm working some places that level 1 didn't touch, which is good. I'm still following Anita for most of the harder exercises, like the plank jacks, ugh! But I am getting through. Still with 3 lb weights though, I'm not sure I'm ready for anything heavier. I'm impressed with your 5 lb weights Less, and trying 8 lbs, you go girl! Great job everyone, we can do this!

I'm still frustrated with my lack of weight loss, and I'm thinking about adding 30 minutes on the treadmill per day, but just fitting in the 20 minutes a day has been a bit of a challenge. Maybe I'll try to get up earlier and do both. I think I need something to kick start my weight loss.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Level 2: 3 days
Old 10-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 218.8/165/165

Height: 5'7"

FINALLY did day 7... (at 11 p.m.!) and I feel great!

Doing day 8 tonight -- probably at 11 again (I have to watch the debates.. and grey's anatomy!) hahaha
kukristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #142  

Oh, my! Did I miss Level 2.5 somewhere? Is it an Easter Egg on the DVD? Somebody, please, tell me how to find it! I'm four days into Level Three now and still whooped! I'm still having to pause during some of the moves - especially in the last circuit.

The scale is still plugging along. I've still only lost six pounds from the start a month and a half or so ago. Measured in pounds, the worst I've lost in any month is four pounds and I lost four pounds in both August and September. But, of course, that represents a higher percentage.

I did see a friend that I haven't seen in a bit today and he commented repeatedly on how good I'm looking! That was nice to hear. Since I'm not working anymore, I don't get to have lots of random coworkers making note to me. The folks at church do constantly ask me though and that's nice!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #143  

Hi all,

I finished day 5 of level 2, and it's still rough, but I'm making it through. I refuse to step on the scale, the last time it said I had gained, and I don't need any discouraging news to throw me off track. I'll stick with it and see how it goes. Maybe I'll weigh myself in a couple weeks if I can hold off that long.

Less- I know how frustrating it is, but you've made such great progress from where you began! Of course it slows down when you near your goal, but you've done such a great job and really are an inspiration to stick with this!
Old 10-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #144  

Thanks, tferg. I'm so glad I started this weight loss journey. I wish I'd lived so that I never had to!

Today was my fifth day on Level Three and my twenty-ninth day of Shredding overall. I made it straight through all of the exercises except one! It wasn't necessarily pretty, but I did it! And, I was doing the push-ups very well and decided to see if I could touch my nose. I was able to! Now, I'm still doing the wimpy knee-push-ups, but I could barely go down at all when I started this, so this is major progress! I think I'll start trying to do some of them "right". I even used my eight pound weights for one set of exercises - the one where you only use one weight. I plan to take the weekend off, as usual, then keep working on improving how I do Level Three next week. At some point, I plan to move to my eight-pound weights.

We need progress reports, folks! This entire page - covering this entire week - only has three posters!
Old 10-05-2008, 03:32 AM   #145  

still shredding but found out that I am doing it best if I do it every other day. guess I still have not much energy.

my eating plan is chaos. any body got "making the cut"
dsamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #146  

Good weekend everyone,

I'm taking the weekend off. I'll continue on level 2 tomorrow, but I've noticed my knees are hurting a bit after a week of level 2. I'm not sure which exercise is causing it, but I didn't have this problem with level 1. I plan on doing level 2 for 5 more days, then on to level 3. Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #147  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I just completed level 1 day 1 yesterday and it kicked my butt. Today is day 2 level 1 and I'm so sore but I'm gonna push through that workout.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #148  

Day 30! I've shredded 30 times now! As happened with both previous levels, I'm getting better at Level Three. I only had to pause once in the entire workout! I never said it was pretty, but I'm making it through. I'm still with my five pound weights except for the one one-weight exercise where I'm using my eight pound weights.

I FINALLY lost another pound. It took ten days, but it was so grand! I'm now four pounds from goal and the second digit of my weight matches goal! This past week, some ladies at church cautioned that I not lose too much! It's so funny. I'm still not at the mid-point of "normal" BMI (my goal) and I'd have to lose another 20 pounds after that to reach the bottom of "normal" BMI. So, I'm far from having to worry about being too skinny! Maybe my Shredded body is fooling them! :P
Old 10-06-2008, 11:34 PM   #149  

Sorry to take so long to reply. Unfortunately I had to stop doing the 30 Day Shred all together because I could just feel that I was doing more damage than good. Even worse is that with all that killing myself I was doing while on the program, I put on 8 pounds!!! uggghhh. Anyway, I'm now using my eliptical and have just picked up wii fit so I'll hopefully have better, less painful results on those.

Good luck to everyone.
@lesseveryday way to go on almost reaching your goal AND on doing all 30 days.
dorkabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #150  

Great job Less! I'm impressed. I'm still plugging along on level 2 with 3 lb weights, but I found my other 5 lb weight yesterday, so I may step up to those soon. I have 3 more days at level 2, then I'm moving on to level 3. I weighed myself yesterday, which wasn't a good idea. I haven't gained any, but I haven't lost any either! After 16 Days of shredding and over 3 weeks on the South Beach diet, I thought I would see better results. Only 2 lbs total for the entire time. Ugh, very frustrating. But, I'll keep at it and hopefully start losing soon.

Level 2: 7 days