Old 01-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Unhappy Biggest Loser Cardio Max or The FIRM???

HELP!!! I have been doing the FIRM for several years off an on. Now that I am close to 40 and just gained 4 pounds on top of the 15 I want to lose. I started working out with the FIRM again. Well, I can do #20 pounds for the squats and I am thinking in the past two weeks I have gained muscle! GRR! My pants and jeans are much tighter than before I started back exercising in which, some I don't wear anymore!

So, I stopped doing those and bought the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Powers Sculpt. I am upset...The scale is not budging at all and I am not overeating and watching the calories I consume. I stay around 1200-1300 everyday and am now trying to exercise 5 times a week which this will be week two w/the Biggest Loser Cardio but will try the Power Sculpt today for the first time today. I am very discouraged...Why am I getting BIGGER????

Anyone using these two dvd's? If so, please email me with your thoughts and suggestions and if these are working for you.
taben07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't know how old you are, or how much you weight, but I'm going to guess that because you're working out so much, you're not eating enough calories. Your body is going to into starvation mode and is holding onto all of the fat that you have to keep it healthy.
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

taben07 I have both of those videos and have worked out with them on a regular basis - rotating the two every day 6 days a week. I did not loose much weight but lost inches I was told by my doc I was working out to much and not resting enough and my calories were a bit to low for my fitness level. Try uping your calories or resting a few more days, Good lucK!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #4  
Losing it by being active

S/C/G: 230/222/170

Height: 5'8"

I think you might not be eating enough calories...or maybe not enough nutrients? Remember to eat healthy not empy calories. Maybe we could answer more if you give some info like your age? I bought TBL calories max and power sculpt and I find them GREAT! =) If I were you, I would speak with a nutricionist and see what it's happening. GooD lUCk!
yobi new mom 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #5  
It's my time to shine...

S/C/G: 234/225/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello... I've been doing the Biggest Loser workouts for under a week now but have continued to lose weight. In all honesty, it probably is your diet. Maybe you should consider looking into a low-carb diet.
RissaIsAFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #6  
Peach

I had the same problem - I think we're simply exercising too much and not eating enough. Load your plate with broccoli and other rich in iron foods; drink plenty of water. It can also be muscle you're building (I had that same issue, my legs felt bigger but then it kinda lost inches).

everyone i've talked to; and with research i've done personally shows that the firm is pretty much the one to go to for long, long results. I haven't done Biggest Loser Cardio Max myself, I know it's okay - but i mean the firm gives you the whole 10 workout guarantee + most ppl, even when they gain the weight back go back to FIRM.

I would cut back to 3 times a week just cardio for a while; then re-introduce weights. that plus the food you should be good to go.
princesspeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:53 AM   #7  

I use The Frim and it WORKS I lost 10pounds thanks to that of course I had to cut calories also but the firm is great!
Applez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:48 AM   #8  

I've had The Firm for years now. Just yesterday bought TBL Cardio Max.

After the initial 20 minute workout with TBL, I can say that for me hands down TBL is the better workout. I'm going to hunt down Power Sculpt during my lunch break.

I would reconsider my diet if I were you.

Last edited by cmichele1974; 07-31-2008 at 11:49 AM.
cmichele1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/204/130

Height: 5'2"

I recently purchased The Firm about 2 weeks ago. So far with the dvds and Weight Watchers, i've lost 6lbs. Looking forward to the TBL dvds.

Anybody know where to get them? I'm thinking that I can probably find them at Target or something.
missbrandi808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #10  
Peach

probably.

i don't think it can be One OR the other. I personally wouldn't do the tbl ones, beause I had shred - and I just don't like Jillian or her style. My belief is as it always is, 90 percent of all workout videos work, DEPENDING on what you put into it and diet. you can't do 1 and not the other.

I'm doing just the firm and clean eating (for the most part) the weight isn't flying off, but my body is shrinking. tha's more important to me because i kow the weight will fall off sooner or later.
princesspeach is offline   Reply With Quote