Old 07-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 405/387/150

Height: 5'9

Default yoga: just my size with megan garcia

has anyone tried this? i was thinking about ordering it from amazon along with "plus size pilates" and was wondering if it's any good.
Midna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

I have it and have used it only twice in 4 months. I'm not sure if it's the dvd itself or yoga as a whole but I find it incredibly boring. The positions are great for us bigger gals so that part is a plus. I checked it out from my library before I purchased it so that may be an option for you to do also.
JazzyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I looked at the book when I was just starting. I ended up putting together my own program from a variety of sources, but it seemed like a good book.

Regarding it being boring, I'm sure every exercise suits some people and not others. But not only that, there is also tremendous variety within yoga, just like there's a huge difference between jogging a few miles a day vs running marathons vs doing intervals and even vs walking. They're all still joggers, except the walker, and Garcia may be more of a "walker." That may bore a "jogger" to death, but if it may be exactly what a couch potato beginner needs. Even if that couch potato eventually runs marathons

Some yoga is quite strenous, but it will still never suit everyone.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I have this DVD and it's great for an entry level yoga workout, esp for a bigger sized person that needs some adaptations to be able to hold the positions at first. I had checked out some other yoga DVD workouts from the library before I tried this one, and they were too strenous/intimidating for me, but this one was perfect, and I really felt like I had done something when I finished. If you stick with it, you will probably outgrow it and need something more challenging after a while.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 405/387/150

Height: 5'9

thanks for the input. i really wanted to give yoga a try so i bought yoga for indie rockers but i couldn't really keep up with that. and i was following the beginner girl! i think i'll try this one though.
Midna is offline   Reply With Quote