Old 04-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Question P90x

Has anyone used these videos? I saw an infomercial yesterday. They look pretty intense, but it looks like a lot of weights, aerobics, plyometrics (sp) and other things. I'm wondering wether or not it is worth it. If you started on the videos, was it too intense to keep up with them?
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:31 PM   #2  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

I just ordered them! I'll let ya know!
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 148/115/119

Height: 5'3"

P90X is very intense....I backed away because a large portion of the upper body and back work was pull ups....which after training for years, I still cant do (and to be honest, dont know many women who can). Also, as this is an advanced series, proper form isnt discussed or directed as much as a beginner would need.
Button_ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 125/120/109

Height: 5'4

I just ordered P90X myself recently, and can't wait to try it out. Hopefully it wont be too tough, since I used to do a whole bunch of sports.

I know that the workouts include weight training, cardio workouts, and some workouts made to increase flexability. All the reviews I read said it was really tough, and not for beginners.

You can also check out the main website, and see if its what your looking for. Sadly, it wont lemme put the link in my post, but its www (period) p90x (period) com. Good luck finding the right program for you
Shadow Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 125/120/109

Height: 5'4

Well, what do you know? It came in today. I ordered it along with the workout equipment. When it came in, I pretty much clawed off the packaging and read the booklets it came with. It included a diet/nutrition guide, and a fitness/workout guide. There are 3 phases of nutrition, but they go with all 3 of the workout types, if I understood correctly. The workouts are divided into "P90X Classic", "P90X Double", and the one I'm starting with, "P90X Lean". Classic and Double seem best if you want to gain more muscle mass, and bulk. Lean seems better for those interested in getting a slim, toned look without looking like a body builder (Ha, I don't think thats going to be my style anytime soon )

Anyways, I watched the first DVD, titled "How To Bring It". Mostly, it talked about how P90X was made, and how you know its right for you (It gives you a test to do, and see if you can manage it). It also advertised the P90X supplements, though I can't tell you much about those since I'm not going to be using em.

It tells you to take before and after pictures, as well as record your best times and repetitions for various exercises, and measure various areas of your body (Waist, hips, etc.).

Hope that helps, I'm either gonna start the workout today or tomorrow, depending on how long a history project (ick) takes me. Then I'll be sure to post about the workouts to let you know how that goes.
Shadow Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #6  
Image isn't Character

S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys, I've done 2 rounds of p90x and I just started p90x+ this week. It's definitely an intense program, not really for anyone just starting to workout. So far it seems like the p90x+ videos are geared more towards shredding fat than p90x is. p90x is more about body recomposition than anything, replacing muscle with fat and refining your body; making your body strong and powerful as opposed to big and bulkly. If you wanna do it, just be ready to work hard and sweat...a lot. There's also a big emphasis on pull ups in the back routines, lots of people get scared of this I guess. There's nothing wrong with using a chair or dumbells or resistance bands if you have to though, ****, I do and so do the people in the videos. My first round through it I lost 30 lbs over the three month period, but I was also on an 1800 calorie diet. My second time through I gained 15 lbs, but I was trying to put on weight anyway. I'm focusing more on cutting fat this time through it though, and I don't think it's going to be a problem with how intense the p90x+ workouts are. If you want to know anything else, ask away.
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:36 PM   #7  
Shine on Little Diamonds

Default p90x paperwork issue

I am looking for some more information on the program. A friend gave me the videos, but I don't have the guide book to know when to use what and what to eat. Is there an online resource to help with the missing paperwork? I really want to start this program and do it right. Thanks.
flamejobgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

its hard but awesome
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #9  

Lightbulb P90X Paperwork

I saw a post where someone needed the guides to the P90X program. I was in the same boat - a friend gave me the DVDs after going onto P90X plus but had no idea where he put the guides.

I found a great solution for ~$10.00. There is a guy on ebay who sells a spreadsheet that can be used to record every workout plus your nutrition journal.

His ebay user name is BILLK77 but I think you can find it if you do a search for P90X and Excel or guides. He posts every few weeks so if you don't see it - keep looking.

BTW - he also has pdfs of the guides and nutrition plan if you need them.

Beachbody was great too - they replied to my email with a personal phone call. You can buy the guides there too for about $40.00. I can send you details if you need it.
N4launch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default power 90X - intense and needs stick-to-it-ness

I am starting it up today - it is intense - I read reviews and most people say the instructors talk can be annoying to hear all the time so I am putting it on cue to eliminate it. I hope to stick with it. I am setting a goal of 30 days at a time. I will let you know how it goes.

okay - I did start today - quite humbling - I did eliminate the voice - but kept cues and music - and like
shadow panda above I chose lean. I did the pre-test but wasn't very accomplished - I am not strong for upper body - pull ups

good luck - I will check back to see how/ what you chose to do

Linda

Last edited by trailgroomer; 03-30-2008 at 07:26 PM.
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #11  

I started P90X Lean this past Monday. So far I've done Coresynergistics, Cardio X, Shoulders & Arms + Ab Ripper X. I'm loving it!! Today was a rest day and I'm so psyched to do Yoga X tomorrow.

I'm not strictly following the nutrition booklet - I'm a calorie counter. I have tried a couple of the recipes though: tonight is the Lemon Garlic Chicken (currently baking), last night I made the Shrimp Stir Fry (excellent!!), Tuna Salad (good), Cheese Scramble (good), and the Protein Shake (excellent!!).

What workouts have you done/liked and are you trying any of the recipes?? I'd love to chat about P90X with others. I really like Tony too. He's at ease and goofy which I find endearing.
angeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4''

I keep looking at the commercials....... looks like i'd have to buy a bar for chin ups.......not sure i could do chin ups and then i'd be missing out on a whole part of the routine. hmmmmmm........
LauraNS is offline   Reply With Quote