Old 07-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Height: 5'7"

I'd already ordered the goddess guide/set from beachbody. I've got my mat and am now just waiting...supposed to be express delivery but UPS tracking shows it's still in PA. Set comes with a squishy ball - will I need any other equipment? And how much floor space?
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 145/132/100

Height: 5'0"

I went out and got some 2lb hand and ankle weights once i started to get used to the intenity to get a better work out and as far as floor space you just need to be able to put your body flat on the floor on all sides maybe a little less.
viksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:00 PM   #78  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

yeah, before i moved i was doing YBB in a space about 5.5 feet by 2.5 feet. it wasn't ideal, but i could do it!

for Sculpt and Basic you'll need hand weights, and for Bollywood and Complete body sculpting you'll need resistance bands. most of the workouts don't require any equipment!
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:32 PM   #79  
Peach

Oh meg - lol you should have told me. i could have given you my entire set.
but you're pretty much good.
princesspeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #80  

Well, this kicked my butt last night - I way overdid it in the 90 plus heat after eating and was totally nauseated for hours... (did 30 minutes of abs/core and 30 of sculpt). Not discouraged, though; thought it was a good workout and I just need to do a little less and on an empty stomach (whenever that is...)
Thanks for all the support; I'll keep you posted,
Old 07-19-2008, 07:44 PM   #81  

Yesterday, just did one 12-minute YBB abs workout. Today, did Cardio Cabaret and loved it! I was scared that first day but think I just way overdid it with the hour workout.
And, by the way, I checked out prices on ebay and amazon and they are so much better than beachbody - Buyer Beware - those will be the last DVDs I buy directly from them!

Last edited by meggoat; 07-19-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 07-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #82  
Booty-Tron

Cardio Cabaret is probably in my top 3 favorites. it's so fun. and i can do the whole dance without the video because that's how pathetic i am!

so since i moved to Madison and forgot to pack my scale i have NO idea how much i weigh right now, but i think i've lost at least five pounds in the past week and a half. my pants are loose (again)! so maybe i'm a size 6 now? i don't know.

i'm focusing now on toning and sculpting my muscles, so i've been doing a lot of Complete Body Shaping, Bollywood, and Sculpt. it's funny... when i first did Bollywood, i thought the resistance band part was so hard and now it's a piece of cake compared to Sculpt!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:58 PM   #83  

I've ordered Bollywood off ebay or amazon...it hasn't arrived yet. Did do HipHopAbs and liked it, but not as much as CardioCabaret. I like the variety, though. Sculpt was definitely a hard one!
What kind of resistance bands will I need for Bollywood? (I want to be ready to do it, when the DVD arrives.)
I'm so out of shape the abdominal exercises are killers!
I'm gaining weight and telling myself it's muscle since my clothes are looser - but I've never been a 6, even when rail thin...an 8 is being optimisitic...
Old 07-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #84  

Default YBB Newbie

I did YBB last night for the first time and loved it. I am not the best at it, but I didn't get frustrated which is helpful. My legs and rear are sore today, but I can't wait to go home and try another one.
I have the basic one that I got off amazon. How important is the squishy ball?
My back hurt when I was rolling on the floor, would a mat help?
mbfullernc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:37 PM   #85  

I couldn't do it without a mat - it would be hard on the back - even a towel would help.
I think the squishy ball makes it more of a workout - can you buy just the ball off ebay?
I try to do an abs workout every other night and a cardio one on nights I can't get out for a walk. It will be really great for winter!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #86  

OK so i accepted that i wasn´t going to lose my big fat belly (especially as i am now living in germany and the food here too good to resist) so i decided to buy this belly dancing video! It is a good workout (it gives me a good sweat) and also loads of fun - i actually ended up burning more calories laughing at myself!I bought it from hitmesiter - i think its a bit like amazon but for germany. [/I]Its something a little bit different.
Pieinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #87  
Booty-Tron

the squishy ball is pretty important. i think you can get squishy ball type things at a sports store or whatever. it helps with crunches and all that!

get pretty long resistance bands... not the pilates kind, but some that are at least 3 or 4 feet long. mine are a little too short and it's annoying as crap.

Just for perspective, i started out as a size 12 and now i'm almost a size 6. ALL FROM DOING YBB, for serious.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #88  
Booty-Tron

also, Hip Hop Abs is probably my least favorite one... it's too long or something. and you have to do the dance like 32484093805 times.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #89  

12 to a 6?! That's inspirational. I'm doing a YBB every evening. Tried Go-Go yesterday which was okay but today did the 60-min advanced abs/booty full workout and liked it a lot. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the tip on the bands.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbfullernc View Post
I did YBB last night for the first time and loved it. I am not the best at it, but I didn't get frustrated which is helpful. My legs and rear are sore today, but I can't wait to go home and try another one.
I have the basic one that I got off amazon. How important is the squishy ball?
My back hurt when I was rolling on the floor, would a mat help?
So, how's it going? As I was using the squishy ball, I realized it helps isolate the lower abdomen and that seems like it's main role. I was away this weekend and didn't realize I'd need the ball or mat for Go-Go YBB and used a pillow instead (as they recommend if you don't have the ball) and a towel and it was not the same at all. Highly recommend the ball for the workout and the mat for comfort.
Did Bollywood YBB tonight, which uses the resistance bands - I used the least resistance but I could probably go up one. I thought the Bollywood dance routine was a bit on the lame side, but it was nice for variety. I'm working my way through the basic and total goddess DVDs and all the Live series. There was a little fold-out nutrition guide (not the goddess guide) that has a 7-day program of DVDs to follow, which I've been doing, although I'm substituting any Live DVD for CardioCabaret and HipHopAbs to keep things interesting.
I'm starting to get a bit hooked on YBB - not bad as far as addictions go I guess...