Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:41 PM   #121  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Jillian Michaels workouts that I've done have really helped strengthen my back muscles, which I desperately needed. Overall, I've seen basically every part of me has firmed up since I started working out with her. The ONLY ONLY ONLY issue I am having is that my knees have been bothering me, which is actually worrying me a bit and I'm taking a few days off from her workouts to rest my knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reda355 View Post
Mamaspank I believe I am the same my weakest is stomach and lower back so I am hoping to get them stronger as well along with losing some inches in that area.

Last edited by KLK; 07-10-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:47 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

KLK thanks I do believe I am liking the Shred so far and just needed something that doesn't take up alot of time but will still be effective in the long run.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 145/142/125

Height: 5'6

I'll be honest. I've been on 3fc for like a year now but I haven't posted because I didn't want to change my weight info back to what it really is now that I've gained this weight back.
But I finally got honest and just did it because I wanna talk to you all!
I've been doing 30 day shred for a couple of weeks. I got through the 10 days of level one and I am looking forward to moving on to level two but i've pulled a muscle in my calve and while I hate to be a big baby about it (it doesn't hurt that bad), I don't want it to get worse so I took yesterday off and it still hurts so I think I'm just going to do pilates today and see how it goes.
You all have been inspiring to me and you've been good support while I was stalking this thread. I look forward to participating from now on.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #124  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

I think you should rest it, at least for a few days, and not do the Shred. I did something to one of my thigh muscles earlier this week -- I dont know what -- and it was KILLING me for about a day. I rested it and it's better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SITIBODY View Post
I'll be honest. I've been on 3fc for like a year now but I haven't posted because I didn't want to change my weight info back to what it really is now that I've gained this weight back.
But I finally got honest and just did it because I wanna talk to you all!
I've been doing 30 day shred for a couple of weeks. I got through the 10 days of level one and I am looking forward to moving on to level two but i've pulled a muscle in my calve and while I hate to be a big baby about it (it doesn't hurt that bad), I don't want it to get worse so I took yesterday off and it still hurts so I think I'm just going to do pilates today and see how it goes.
You all have been inspiring to me and you've been good support while I was stalking this thread. I look forward to participating from now on.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:43 AM   #125  

Welcome aboard SITIBODY- I would also suggest giving it a rest as you know the shred puts your legs through the test and works them good. Well today was day 4 it is getting alittle easier but still kicking my butt. I am getting much better at the push ups (modified version of course) not resting at all now so hopefully 2-3 more days and I will be ready for level 2 as I am really trying to push myself these next few weeks. Keep us informed how it is going for you
Old 07-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #126  

I will say, I saw a small difference in my strength through the 10 days of level one but i saw a HUGE difference in my endurance.
Today will be my third day of rest from the shred. My leg was hurting yesterday. So far today it's ok but I think I should wait until tomorrow to begin again. I've been doing pilates in the interim because those are done mostly on your back
Old 07-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

I just did Day 17, day 7 of Level 2.. I see a difference, I can now keep up in almost every part of L2, but not the double jump rope, I mix it with singel.. and some of the others I mix with a little of the modified ones.. But at least i can do it without stopping now, the first time I did L2 I had to stop some times and rest my arms and shoulders.. Now I'm looking forward to try out L3, will do L2 3 more times first..
Keep on going everyone, don't give up
Old 07-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #128  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

So happy to find this thread.

I started the shred 6 days ago. Yep, she really kicked my rear but I feel a lot stronger now and can keep up. (but huffing and puffing! I loved jumping jacks when I was a kid, but have come to hate them!) Dreading thinking about level 2 already. But, I am noticing a difference. I reached my weight goal in May (started South Beach 15 months ago) But I'm almost 53 and had 3 c-sections and a hysterectomy (and NOT those nice little bikini cuts) so my tummy was still a concern...along with "bingo wings". I have been doing fluidity for about 6 months and it really tightened up my legs/buns, but the stomach not so much. This really seems to be shrinking my tummy.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-13-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #129  

Welcome Femmecreole yeah I actually have missed doing the shred the last 2 days but will be back on top of it tomorrow. I am so glad to hear the good news that everyone is seeing differences because that is what I want to happen with me.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #130  

I started level 2 yesterday with only very mild pain in my leg during the jumping jacks. IT WAS SOOO HARD. I couldn't finish several sets of the strength moves but I did try and modify rather than stop doing them until the set was over. Ha. Thats okay right??
During the last 6min interval, Jillian does say, "I want you to feel like you are going to die" and it gave me the extra push to finish. I'm going for it again today. I am NOT looking forward to it but I am looking forward to a hot bod.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:51 PM   #131  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

I'm a few days in to level 1, and I can already see a huge difference in my endurance!

I have a question for you guys though; How heavy are your weights? She never mentions how heavy they should be. I've been using 2 pound weights.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #132  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Spirits - I use 5 lb weights on some of the moves, and 3 pound weights on others. It depends on what muscle group it is working - I find that shoulder raises are harder, so I use the 3 pounds. Stuff like hammer curls are easier so I use the 5 pounds. I've found it's easier to play around with it and see what your muscles can handle. I always try and push myself on the strength moves, although sometimes my shoulders feel like they are about to give out.

I'm almost done with my 10 days of level 2, and I am not looking forward to level 3. Even though I feel exhausted after each session, I am determined to make it through 30 days of it.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #133  

I also use 3 lb weights for arm raises and 5 lb weights for the rest. I will be starting Level 2 on Wednesday to see how that goes hopefully I will not be in to much pain like I was the day after i started Level 1. Hope all goes well for everyone today.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:12 AM   #134  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Hey guys I got my 30 day shred and will start level 1 tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:53 AM   #135  

GOOD LUCK

I used 5 pound weights in level one but now that I've been in level two for two days, I can't do some of the moves with 5 pounders so I moved down to 3. I still feel it big time but I can actually finish the sets. I think I'm going to try and master level two with 3 pounds and then do level three with 3 pounds and then go back and do level two and three again with 5 pounds. The way I see it, it's more bang for my buck.

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread