Best 10 minute workouts for a beginner?

• I have little flexibility, almost no coordinaiton. I've been looking at 10-minute solution but they all seem too advanced for me.
  • The 10 minute solutions are more advanced if you put them all together to make a 50 minute workout. Each DVD has 5 - 10 minute workouts, so maybe broken down will work for you?

Another possibility is yoga. It really helps with balance and stretching. I found myself much better with balance and coordination and even form when I did yoga. It will also help build your stamina.

Pilates might also be a possibility for you. You really work the muscles in pliates but not much coordination is required. The movements are slower and fewer than a cardio video.
  • And also - Walking Away The Pounds. They are simple. If you start with the 1 mile video, you can probably do it just fine. If they are by chance difficult, you can walk in place in those parts. But I think your chances are pretty good with that one. You can do a mile in 15 minutes.
  • I love 10 minute solutions -- I didn't start off with them though. I started doing Denise Austin's cardio segments. I think they were about 10 minutes. I couldn't do much else, but now she's too easy for me. Good luck!
  • Thanks for the info everyone. I ended up ordering Kickbox Bootcamp. Figured I could do 1-10 minute segment and 20 minutes of other light exercise and work my way up. Judging by the clip on youtube it didn't seem too awfully difficult.

It will be nice to slip in a short workout while my daughter naps.
  • Quote: Thanks for the info everyone. I ended up ordering Kickbox Bootcamp. Figured I could do 1-10 minute segment and 20 minutes of other light exercise and work my way up. Judging by the clip on youtube it didn't seem too awfully difficult.

It will be nice to slip in a short workout while my daughter naps.
    LOL - I LOVE the 10 Minute Solution series AND WATP. However, the Kickbox Bootcamp video is one that really challenges me. If it does end up being too tough, don't give up. Try WATP or some of the other 10 Min. Sol. videos. I really like Slim and Sculpt Pilates. I have been able to do almost all of the moves from the very beginning (very inflexible, had therapy for a frozen shoulder, 215 lbs, and 50+ years old).

L
  • I looked at the pilates video,...but I've had a spine fusion so flexibility is impossible for me, lol.

Hmm...maybe I ordered the wrong video?