Videos from Cathe Friedrich

• Hi!

I was wondering if any of you have tried the Cathe Friedrich videos. I ordered Kick Max from her site. It looked to me like a great workout.

Meggy
  • I have one of her step videos called Low max I think. I enjoy it but it is very tough and I've been working out for several years. With my bad knees this is the only video of hers I've been able to find that is low impact. She has a lot of jumping in her videos and I just am not able to do that. You may have no problems with it, but I sure would have.

Have you ever checked out www.collagevideo.com You can see short previews of a bunch of videos before you buy. Cathe has quite a few there so you can see before you buy..not sure if she has this on her own site.
  • I have a number of Cathe workouts including some old step videos. I used to do her quite a bit 10 years or so ago. Around that time I experienced a calf muscle tear which put a stop to her step workouts at that time.

I liked some of her strength workouts too.

Now at 47 years old with plantar fasciitis (sp?) I shy away from her altogether. Too high impact/high intensity/advanced for me. I've learned I'm more of an intermediate exerciser and I'm OK with that.

I never tried her kickboxing. I like Turbo Jam.
  • Thanks for taking the time to answer my question!

Linda T: I've seen videos from her site. You're right: It really helps to watch a preview of the video or dvd before buying it. I have a background in karate but I stopped a few years ago. Now that I've gained a lot of weight, I thought it would be nice to start again. I remember that when I used to do karate, I got in shape and lost a lot of weight so I thought I would start by doing a dvd at home.

Angeline: I had a plantar fasciitis last year after I took kickboxing classes. I had a shot of cortisone but still, it didn't help me. Finally, I went to see an orthesist. I changed my orthesis (shoe insert) and did some streching and it really helped! I don't want to pusch my luck so I intend to do the low impact version of Kick Max. I also ordered Turbo Jam (just coulded resist! lol)

Once again, thanks a lot for your comments and good luck in your weightloss journey! Congratulations to the both of you for your weightloss

Meggy