HELP - Video w/out a lot of room.

• I want to find a dvd that doesn't require you to have a lot of room. Our living room is tiny and narrow so I don't have much room to move around at all.

What video have you had success with - what has been your success - and does it require you to have a lot of space to move about??
  • I love TaeBo, and I don't have a lot of room in my living room either. You may want to try looking at a local library to see what they have. This may help you find out what you like and don't like before you spend your money.
  • I have a few workout dvds...some being Denise Austin Abs, TaeBo, Turbo Jam.

I love the Turbo Jam but I just don't have the room to do it in my lvg. room. And TaeBo I would't either. I litterally need something where you almost are working on one place - not kicking/side to side/front and back, etc.

How do the Walk away the pounds work?? Do you pretty much stay in one spot while you do it??

I can't wait to get our basement finished for this very reason so that I actually have a workout area.
  • access to a VHS machine?
    if you still own a vcr one of the best workouts i've ever used is Elle McPherson with Karen Voight, you can get them on ebay pretty cheap. all you need to do it is a set of hand weights and a kitchen chair. Most any of Karen Voights "weight" workouts are awesome her aerobics are good but require you to move around more than you'd want for a small space
  • WATP doesn't take much room. I have a very small workout space.
  • I second the WATP. I have a big house with lots of very small rooms. My workout space is less than 4'x4', and I have no problem with the WATP videos I've tried so far. The farthest you have to travel is two steps front, two steps back, or two steps to the side.
  • bethbeth is right. Go to the library before you buy anything.

I'm a big WATP supporter. I had very little space until boobalah moved 2 wingback chairs out of the back room. All you really need is the space of a coffee table.

If you do decide on WATP, please side step on into the April chat.
  • I'm loving the biggest loser cardio max dvd. You don't need very much room and DAMN it works!!
    There are three levels for workout too and a low impact girl to watch
    If i can do it in my living room, I think you can too!
  • I agree with the WATP, I have very limited workout area and can do it.
  • I dont have a huge space to move (maybe 5 ft by 4 ft) and i have found quite a few that work well enough. WATP is great, so is Biggest Loser Workout 1.

I often rent (via blockbuster by mail) workout DVD's before I buy, this lets me try it out as well as see if it fits my space.

Just a thought!
  • I agree with WATP. Even when they move up and down, she says, "If you don't have room, just stay there!" I do it in my very small room with clutter and manage.
  • To do WATP, I measured and at the most depending on how long your legs, you will need 45 inches of space. When they do doubles, just stay with singles. ^_^