Old 02-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/174/165

Default Belly bulge help ?

There was an artical in fitness that had the best exercise video for belly flab and i dont remember the name its in this months issue. Or does anyone have any really awesome video to reccommmed for blasting away belly fat?
mommyof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

You can't spot reduce fat, but you can tone up the ab muscles. Pilates is great for strengthening those muscles. If you do those every day, you will see results pretty quickly.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #3  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I happened to see which one I think you are talking about from Fitness: Poise Core Training.

This is what it said: “Best for beating belly bulge. Tones your belly with dance, Pilates and martial arts moves. I worked ab muscles I didn't know I had.” I couldn't find any IRL reviews for it though. Given that it combines pilates with other moves I'd imagine it's great though.

Last edited by Nori71; 02-05-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

There's a pilates dvd for abs, I've read in magazines that video is good for those who need to tone their tummies! There's some other dvd's 10 min ab routines that are good too. I think lots of cardio helps, I've even read at times to really increase cardio first, then do more ab work as you can't really spot reduce, you have to lose the fat around the abs. I"m trying to get rid of my stomach fat, where I gain weight, and intense cardio 5-6 times a week is working. Those days I do cardio only, I rotate, cardio one day, weights the other, I do abs work, it's only 5-10 minutes. I just vary routines, throw in pilates for abs, and other abs dvds or follow a routine from a book. One trick I read in a magazine for abs is to put your mat on the floor in your bedroom at night, when you get up automatically do crunches etc first thing. I think the article said you could do ab work every day, unlike weights.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote