Old 02-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #31  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

The times I stayed home with my kids was a great time. I don't know why people think that stay at home moms do nothing. I think spending quality time with your kids can not be replaced.

I had to take a day off. I think I may have to alternate for a while until my feet get used to those inserts. I am following the times they gave me. However, they are sore today.

Oh, Cher, if you see this, boobalah had the ribs yesterday. He lightly steamed them to rehydrate them. He liked the sauce, too. He says we have to go there when we come back. I told him that if we go with you, he'd better let you keep the flatware caddy.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #32  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

woha SHY! Congrats on the 10 miles! WTG

My windows and walls dont get wash, LOL - unless I spill something on them. When I have kids I totally wanna stay at home with them, least for a few years. But I do the kinda work where I could do work on my own time from home, do some freelance so I could do that when they got a bit older.

This morning I did 4 miles. I did the advanced 3 mile with hand weights and did the hand weight mile again, felt good!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #33  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

sotypical
Your working out is wonderful. You are really sticking to it. I have to get some house work done today so I have no idea how I will get 10 more videos in today lol I am going to try. If I never see another loaf of bread lol. I have baked two batches ( 20 loafs ) of bread this morning. I am sick of seeing, touching and smelling bread lol.

cb
The foot doc had a pair of inserts made for a pair of shoes for me because I have frayed that thing that goes from the ball of the foot to the heel twice in both feet. I have never been able to get use to the darn inserts. They hurt my feet. He said I would get use to them but it has been a year and I am still not use to them.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #34  
Starting Fresh

why so much bread????
Old 02-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #35  
I wanna be a loser, too

Yeah, why so much bread?
Old 02-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #36  
Rennie

I do the baking for a lot of the elderly that live around my house. Started out I was talking to one old lady at the mail box and I was making bread that day. She said she couldn't do it anymore because of her hands and missed home made bread. I started making it for her too. The word spread lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-05-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #37  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Wow and I glad I found this thread lol.

So far this month I've gotten in 19 miles, I got in the 5 mile dvd a few days ago and have did that one 3 days in a row and love it. I might go between the 3 mile, 4 mile and the 5 mile depending on how I feel that day.

My goal for this month is to do 80 miles.
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #38  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

We got out early because of a MASSIVE snowstorm. I came home and found my new workout pants on my doorstep! I needed new pants, but I wanted knit capri's with a drawstring and pockets. It didn't seem like a hard thing, but it sure turned into one! I FINALLY found them at Woman Within and they were only $9.99 a pair PLUS free shipping! I ordered 3 pair! They are so comfortable, too!

Anyway.....I'm wearing my new workout pants and I just finished 4 Fast Miles! That makes 10 miles so far this month! Shy: I don't know HOW you do 10 miles in one day! My best is 7. I love doing several of the 1 milers in a row, but not 10! Way to go!

It's not looking good that we will have school tomorrow, so I will be able to do another good workout if we don't.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #39  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread. I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I love the walk away the pounds dvd. I bought the all in one DVD with the 1, 2, and 3 mile walk plus it came with the weights. right now I'm doing the 1 mile walk, and I will gradually work myself up. I didn't walk today because I hurt my knee, so I did an upper body workout instead, but I'm looking forward to my workout tomorrow!
ThisTimeIsDifferent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:00 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

I love my 5 mile advanced walk. It's the only one I do anymore though so I'm sure my body will get used to it soon.

I'm going to just do the 2 fast miles before dinner and see what I feel like after and maybe do more. I don't feel the greatest right now.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #41  
Rennie

dandk
Leslie is great, you will find many Leslie junkies here lol. No matter how many miles a person does. They are all good for us. She has some great toning videos too.

Michele
Going to look for those pants. I could use a pair and I love the ones you are describing. The 10th mile was a killer lol. I have to be careful of my knees. Sometimes those 1 mile videos are great. Nice warm ups and cool downs and stretches are just what my body needs.

Thistime
Come on in, put your running shoes on and join the group. We love having new people. There is a great deal of encouragement here and sometimes we find we work harder because if everyone else can do it so can we

Lynsey
I can't even think of doing a 5 mile at one time lol. You go girl. My lungs will go about 3 miles and that is it lol.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #42  
Starting Fresh

I want my DVDs, living in Canada sucks
Old 02-05-2008, 10:23 PM   #43  
I wanna be a loser, too

all you newbies! Just side step yourselves right on in!

Michele, I've gotta look for those pants. I've been looking for some lately, but I just don't want to pay high prices or buy such junk that they fall apart in 10 wearings.

Shy, try these sites for shoes.

http://shoes.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=shoes&cdn=style&tm=27&gps=61_1194_796_470&f =10&tt=2&bt=0&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.cinderellaofboston.com/

http://shoes.about.com/od/large_smal...size_small.htm

I don't know why I was thinking about your smelly feet, but I was.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #44  
Rennie

cb
Thank you so much. I will sure check out those sites. Dress shoes aren't that hard to find. There are a few places you can have shoes made. I have a certain type I like, a few types really, and I go every few years and have a few pairs made. Aerobic and walking shoes are just impossible. While hunting for shoes last weekend I found that while you can find them from time to time. Because I wear a child's size, they do not have the support that adults shoes have. We called a couple of Representatives of a couple of types of shoes Nike's being one of them and were told they just don't put the same support in children's shoes because for example, a child that wears a size 2 doesn't have as much pressure going in the shoes as an adult ( even an adult at an ideal weight ).
Old 02-06-2008, 06:40 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I was a bum the past 2 mornings and didn't get up in time to exercise and boy could I feel it. I was dragging so bad yesterday. I hate feeling tired and I know that's how I'm gonna feel if I miss my walking.

So I got up early this morning and did 2 miles. I used the WATP Heart Healthy Walk that Leslie has playing on her website this month. It's a good workout.

everybody is doing great!!!!

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 02-06-2008 at 06:41 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote