Old 02-16-2008, 09:18 AM   #76  
Gwen

S/C/G: 234/ticker/150

Height: 5'7.5

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby1 View Post
I don't have the newest Firm system, so for those of you that do, I'm wondering what it is that you don't like about Cardio party? And what do you like about Hi Def Sculpt? Do you like the Hardcore Fusion? I'm really happy with my Transfirmer system, so I wonder if it's worth getting. Can you get the dvd's without the weights?
I dunno, I just don't care for it. I really like the videos that make you use the weights. It feels as if you are doing more. Hi Def Sculpt is, meh, okay. I really love the Cardio Overdrive and the Hardcore Fusion. Because you are doing BOTH cardio and weight training.

I spoke to my ex boyfriend yesterday who is a Personal Trainer and a MMA Fighter. He said that The Firm is a great program and that he knows a lot of class instrctors at his gym that are incorporating the Synergy Training system into classes. He also said that it is MORE than okay that our heart rate isn't high when doing these workouts. Its just to be expected with the type of exercise that we are doing. We are burning LOTS more calories than just with traditional cardio exercise. Its like a "muscle confusion" technique. So that was GREAT to hear. This guy has been a very successful trainer in a very popular gym for 6 years and has opened up 3 of his own gyms and training centers in the Chicagoland Area. He also trains for his own fights as well as trains some very famous fighters in the UFC. He knows his stuff and says that this is a very good system. I found it encouraging to hear. So I thought I would share with my 3FC "Firm" friends.
Gwen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #77  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Gwen - that's great to hear about the Firm! I was a little concerned that my heart rate wasn't getting up high enough.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #78  
The Radiant One

Today I did one of the bonus DVDs I got. Killer Buns and thighs. Yikes! That was only 30 minutes, thank goodness - but I sure felt it!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:08 PM   #79  
The Radiant One

Hi Firmies!! Happy Monday!
Have 3 days of workouts according to the calender. Today was Hard Core Fusion!!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #80  
Gwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberlover View Post
Hi Firmies!! Happy Monday!
Have 3 days of workouts according to the calender. Today was Hard Core Fusion!!
What calendar do you work off of? Mine is the one that came in the book. Are you in the Firm Belivers club? I am not. Too much $$$ per month for my taste.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #81  
The Radiant One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen77 View Post
What calendar do you work off of? Mine is the one that came in the book. Are you in the Firm Belivers club? I am not. Too much $$$ per month for my taste.
Not in the club. I use the calender in the booklet that came with it. I started my calender month on a Friday, just by chance - so I do the workouts according to that.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #82  
Gwen

Exclamation

Ok, thanks. I am one of thoes "My diet starts on Mon" so I just assumed... My bad.
Question to whomever. My daughter was just diagnosed w/ influenza type a (the upper/head/chest kind) and I feel like I am getting sick as well. Headache, sore throat, and achy. Its better that I DON'T work out, right? I'll just run myself down more. I have been so good about it, I just feel guilty. But I also feel icky and just want to nap.
Thanks!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #83  

Gwen,
It's definitely better if you don't work out, especially if you think it's flu like symptoms. Take it easy for a few days and then ease back into it when you're feeling better.

Hope you feel better soon!

Also, thanks for all the info about the Synergy training.
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #84  
The Radiant One

Today I did the Express Hard Core Fusion. I already walked for 30 minutes, so decided on the shorter version. It went by really fast!

Gwen, get some rest - don't push it. You can always do a light walk if you want to get something in.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #85  
Gwen

Ugh. I feel so icky. Like I swallowed glass.
Does chasing after the 1 yr old count as a light walk? LOL.
I can't wait to get better so I can get back to it. I love these weeks where I step on the scale and see the 2 lbs losses.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:59 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 211

Height: 5'5

It’s been a little over two weeks since my last firm workout. I have no clue what’s wrong with me but I am completely unmotivated; between school and work I am worn out. I did stop eating fast food and sweets over the three day weekend and went back to my diet. Hopefully after my Chem. midterm I can get back in the habit.
BLueJay624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #87  
Gwen

BlueJay,

Have you tried the express workouts? They are no more than 25 mins. I actually tell myself during the workout that this is SUCH a short time in comparison to the 24 hrs that we DO have in a day and that I am doing such a good thing for my body.

Maybe try that?

Good luck and if you need anything let me know!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #88  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

I'm also a Firmie -- from time to time. Have't done a WO in awhile 'cause I always think it's not getting my HR up enough. So glad to hear that this is ok and that a trainer is giving these WOs a thumbs up. I always thought that even though I liked the WOs and felt them, that because my HR wasn't really up there it was maybe a waste of time. Thanks for the info Gwen!

I have several of the 'sculpting stick' WOs. But the stick broke -- can't they make anything that lasts? That's ok -- I figure I use more of my muscles balancing up and down the step w/out it. I just bought the Firm Power Yoga. Never having done yoga I'm really enjoying it. Yoga pros may see it more as a 1/2 hr stretch but for me, it seems to fill in a gap. I only do it once a week or so and feel it the next day -- yeah, in the good way!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #89  
The Radiant One

Did measurements today. After 30 days on the Firm:
I have lost 5 pounds and

2 inches from my chest
2.5 off my waist
2 inches off my hips
1.5 inches off my upper arm
1 inch off my thigh
1 inch off my calf.
Total of 10 inches. I am quite pleased with that!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:25 AM   #90  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I got the transfirmation system today! YAY.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote