3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   In search of a cardio workout dvd or tape that's really intense (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/129390-search-cardio-workout-dvd-tape-thats-really-intense.html)

Pink Geranium 12-24-2007 01:21 PM

In search of a cardio workout dvd or tape that's really intense

Hi, I'm looking for a workout that I can do on days I can't get to the fitness center because of snow, ice, etc., or for whatever reason that I'm stuck at home.

I generally work out every day - I do kickboxing and step for cardio (as well as swim, but I don't think my bathtub can substitute for the pool on these stay at home days! Darn!). After a year of working up to it I can say I'm very fit and I'm looking for a pretty high intensity workout that would last about an hour. I'm happy if it also includes abs or the like, but it doesn't have to. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Thanks very much for your help.

L144S 12-24-2007 01:26 PM

tae-bo is fun and hard. There are a ton of them. You might find them used on Amazon or ebay.

suzie76 12-25-2007 03:41 PM

Have you tried Cathe Friedrich? If you're looking for intense workouts at home, they're perfect for you. I think her website is Cathe.com There are plenty of long clips there. Also check her clips at collagevideo.com

She has strength, step, kickboxing, etc.

Also, check out clips of Amy Bento at Collage video-her workouts are very intense as well.

good luck-
Sherry

PS-if you have Fit TV, you can see some of her workouts there for free.

djstorey 01-03-2008 10:42 AM

Since you step, have you tried Christi Taylor step videos? I have the one called Fantastic Four and it's pretty intense. It kicks my butt everytime and has around 2 hours of stepping on it plus regular aerobics.

Pink Geranium 01-03-2008 01:52 PM

Thank you for your suggestions, I'm currently trying a Cathe Friedrich step tape (got it from the library) and saw her web site. Looks like a wonderful amount of choice. And now I'll look into the Christi Taylor option too. I appreciate your help, I love a really hard workout that tires me out, and that's mentally interesting, too. I'm new to working out with videos (except for an ancient Sweating with the Oldies which I loved, but I need more variety and intensity now) so it's really great to get some advice on which way to go.

mandalinn82 01-03-2008 01:56 PM

I am addicted to kickboxing videos with Violet Zaki...so intense! And they are a great LB workout.

djstorey 01-03-2008 02:02 PM

Have you looked at collagevideo.com ? You can see previews of the workouts and read comments about them too. I use it all the time before buying a video.

suzie76 01-11-2008 06:23 PM

Hi,

You may also like Gin Miller-she has several interval cardio workouts at collagevideo.com She has a great sense of humor, and her cueing is fantastic!

Enjoy-
Sherry