Old 11-06-2007, 07:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Default My experience with Walk Away The Pounds

I bought this tape after reading the great reviews on here. I ordered it from Overstock.com and got a package with 2 CDS and the stretchie thing. I think it cost $32.00 with shipping.

I've been having some trouble with my ankle, but since starting Prednisone a few days ago it's feeling ALOT better. I figured I'd try out the 1 mile and hoped the impact wouldn't be too hard on the ankle. I popped the CD in and here comes this little fireball, Leslie Sansone! OMG...I was cracking up...she has sooo much energy. It's really infectious. I fell in love with this CD instantly. The excercise is easy enough that my ankle was fine, but effective enough that I really felt like I had a workout. I loved using that stretchie thing! I could really feel my muscles working. Before I knew it, my one mile was over. I didn't want to stop, I was having so much fun. I will definately stick with the 1 mile until my ankle is completely better.

I just wanted to give a little review for the other newbies out there. If you have been a couch potato, or you have physical limitations...this is a great video to start with.
missingmyerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:37 AM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Isn't Leslie wonderful!? Her new Walk Slim series is fantastic as well...I just love her, she's been a lifesaver (literally!).
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I am a big Leslie fan as well. I love the way you put that, "little fireball"...she is...i just love her. She would be so fun to hang out with, seems like she would have a wonderful sense of humor. But she is great for beginners with the one mile. The hardest of hers i have done is Walk Kick...boy was that a workout for me. But i have never done any of hers that i didnt like.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Agreed! Awesome series. I just finished the Walk Slim 3 fast miles. DH actually joined me - even did the "grapevine" moves too. Stacy - thanks for the Walk Kick review - I will look for it! I did the 5 advanced miles on Sunday - just to see if I could. Whew, it was a GREAT workout.
Everyone is right - Leslie is so infectious, that you can't even think about quiting once you start.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Counting down, the walk kick may not be as challenging for you. I cant do Tae Bo...too hard. But her walk kick was a perfect "doable" video for me, its only about 30 minutes though. So it is short but packs a punch (pun intended ;-) ).
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #6  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I'm so anxious for my 6 new ones to arrive. I got them on clearance at Gaiam. I have so many of hers now. I really must catalog them.

I had to go back down to the 1 mile walks in June because I missed the month of May. I knew my mom didn't have a dvd player so I left them at home when I went back there. Last month I went back down to the 1 mile because boobalah decided to join me. I've lost 30 lbs. During that time, he put on 10! Now he's up to the 3 miles but can't do the higher impact. He keeps tearing something in his leg when he does. I don't do it because my knees punish me. So, I just do extra arm movements to increase the intensity.

ITA, she is a fireball! Who would love to have JoAnn's figure?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I love the 1 mile jog...I have it on on-demand from my cable company. It is great when I need to bump up an at-home strength session, or when I only have 15 minutes and want to get a little something in.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I have the 1 & 2 mile WATP, and the Walk and Jog and I love them! Hoping to add more to my collection...slowly working my way up to others. I actually bought the 2 mile from one of the girls here, NOELLE-THANK YOU! It's been a few years and still going strong. Everyone talked about it and I had never heard of it before then...now-I can't get enough!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #9  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Stacy - thanks for the info. I did order it. I have never done the Tae Bo series, it looks a bit intense for me. This 50-year-old overweight body needs to be challenged, but in a way that I can still breath when I am done - LOL
Not to say that I won't try Tae Bo - I'm feeling stronger and fitter every day
I also ordered two of her newer ones: WALK SLIM: FAST FIRMING & Walk Away the Pounds Express

Now, I'm off to do 3 miles with Leslie and DH
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote