Old 04-06-2007, 03:28 AM   #1  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Default Y'all probably know this trick . . .

. . . but I just found out Netflix is a great way to preview fitness DVDs before making an actual commitment to buy! So a pretty good way to avoid "hit and misses" when buying those exercise vids, and also a great way to expand your at-home exercise horizons (aerobic striptease, anyone? how 'bout some yoga booty ballet? ) and see what you like. And of course, a great way to introduce some variety (and Netflix does have quite an extensive collection!)

Just thought I'd share this "Well, no duh!" tidbit that I just uncovered.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:55 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I hadn't thought of that. That's a great idea. I was actually looking to update my collection. Some turbo jam or something like that. Thanks for the suggestion.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I actually have a bunch of fitness videos in my netflix queue but I keep forgetting to bump them up.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 148/115/119

Height: 5'3"

On Demand digital cable has a ton of excercise programs for free that you can play on demand.....they have Turbo Sculpt and Ab Jam from Turbo Jam (if you wanted to try it out) alot of Firm stuff and Slim in 6 Start it up and Slim and Limber, Leslie Sansone's WATP and 1 mile jog, as well as non name brand stuff from Excercise TV. They also have a ton of stuff for excercising with disabilities like seated weight training, yoga and aerobics and excercise programs for people with bad backs or knees...ball programs, band programs, yoga, bodukai, Tai Chi, beginnner workouts, kids workouts, elderly workouts, sport specific workouts, workouts you can do at your desk....over 200 different ones ranging from 6 minute ab routines all the way to 45 minute latin dancing aerobic programs....I thought it was kind of neat for a change of pace...you can mix and match whatever you want, or just try out something new for fun. I had a great time the other day doing this dance one from Excercise TV...was only 30 minutes, and was a ton of fun.

You can also go to the website http://www.exercisetv.tv/ and play the videos for free, or make your own dvd if you have the equipment.

Last edited by Button_ewe; 04-06-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Button_ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I do the on demand thing from time to time. What I don't like is I forget what programs I really liked and then they disappear from the menu and I can't remember what it was to go buy it. I guess I ought to write them down!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 135

Height: 5f 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Button_ewe View Post
On Demand digital cable has a ton of excercise programs for free that you can play on demand.....they have Turbo Sculpt and Ab Jam from Turbo Jam (if you wanted to try it out) alot of Firm stuff and Slim in 6 Start it up and Slim and Limber, Leslie Sansone's WATP and 1 mile jog, as well as non name brand stuff from Excercise TV. They also have a ton of stuff for excercising with disabilities like seated weight training, yoga and aerobics and excercise programs for people with bad backs or knees...ball programs, band programs, yoga, bodukai, Tai Chi, beginnner workouts, kids workouts, elderly workouts, sport specific workouts, workouts you can do at your desk....over 200 different ones ranging from 6 minute ab routines all the way to 45 minute latin dancing aerobic programs....I thought it was kind of neat for a change of pace...you can mix and match whatever you want, or just try out something new for fun. I had a great time the other day doing this dance one from Excercise TV...was only 30 minutes, and was a ton of fun.

You can also go to the website http://www.exercisetv.tv/ and play the videos for free, or make your own dvd if you have the equipment.
I cannot see the Turbo workouts on my tv On demand channel. I think they have expired...... v sad.......
cheetos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 148/115/119

Height: 5'3"

go to the website....both ab jam and turbo sculpt are both still listed. You will have to watch them on your computer though.
Button_ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 246/244/143

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaWarlock View Post
. . . but I just found out Netflix is a great way to preview fitness DVDs before making an actual commitment to buy! So a pretty good way to avoid "hit and misses" when buying those exercise vids, and also a great way to expand your at-home exercise horizons (aerobic striptease, anyone? how 'bout some yoga booty ballet? ) and see what you like. And of course, a great way to introduce some variety (and Netflix does have quite an extensive collection!)

Just thought I'd share this "Well, no duh!" tidbit that I just uncovered.

what a great idea! thank you
FitMomEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 139/137/120

Height: 5'4"

Another tip -- you can also make separate queues for each member of the family, with each person allotted a certain number of discs.

So, for instance, I can have one disc out at any time, while DH can I have two. I use my queue solely for exercise videos (and sometime hijack his queue as well!). That way, the timing is perfect and we're never stuck with, say, three exercise videos and nothing to watch on Friday night -- or vice versa.
poppins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:12 PM   #10  
lisa

S/C/G: 209.5/193/135

Height: 5'2"

button ewe,
Thanks for the web site info to view exercise videos! That is great! I don't think I get any exercise channel on my TV. We have a satallite so I will have to check tonight.That would be great if I actually had stuff on my TV that I could do when I can't get to the gym. I have only been getting to the gym 4-5 days a week. I don't do anything on the other days though. So thanks for the info,
Lisa
lottalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/188/150

If anyone's looking for something different to spice up their routine, there are several Bhangra/Bollywood styled workouts on Netflix! I have The Bollywood Dance Workout With Hemalayaa right now and it's super fun!
Breezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:34 PM   #12  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

I've had Netflick for quite a while now. I'm using it to go through series of my favorite shows on TV, like Babylon 5 or StarGate, etc because I usually miss the episodes on tv, and frankly, it's a heck of a lot cheaper this way than buying the whole DVD sets.

But, I hadn't thought of doing exercise dvd from them....hmm..will check into that!
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:24 PM   #13  

Thanks for the tip! I didn't realize they had fitness videos and just signed up for the trial today to check it out. I have been previewing DVDs from my library but it takes so long for requests. This is a great alternative.
celia rosalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #14  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

I've never bought a fitness video before beacuse I always get them from Netflix and just try new one when I get tired of that one.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 162.5/150/130

Awesome idea!!!
lariann45 is offline   Reply With Quote