Old 09-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/125/115

Height: 5'6

Default A 2-part Question

Hello All!

Starting over (again) doing weight watchers at home using the points system and trying to start doing my extensive library of exercise dvds that have been collecting dust. I mainly have the The Firm Transfirmer series but I also have the original Fanny Lifter series. Here's the problem. I live on the second floor in my apartment complex. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems, as in noise complaints from downstairs neighbors?? I am really scared about ruffling feathers, but at the same time, I pay a lot of rent money and I feel like it's my right to do the videos (at reasonable times of the day, of course). Any advice?? My floor is carpeted, but anyone who has done The Firm knows there's a lot of marching in it!! The second part of my question deals with the actual "Firm" series. Does the Fanny Lifter series work better than the Transfirmer series, or vice versa?? Thanks for any help!
kobe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #2  
it's always something

I don't live in an apartment, but I've tried the firm transfirmer and I know I'd never attempt it in an apartment for that reason. Have you seen those large padded squares that interlock that can be used under treadmills or other equipment? Maybe if you put those down over the carpet and did the moves on that, it might help buffer it somewhat. You could also let your neighbors know that you plan to exercise on specific dates and times, so they can expect it, and maybe even help choose a better time. You know, such as baby's nap time is probably not going to go over well

I hope you are able to work it out, either program would be great!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I do alot of marching in my workouts. I just make sure that I'm doing them at reasonable times. Then, again, I live in a complex filled with college students. I'm sure they don't really care!.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/125/115

Height: 5'6

Default Thanks!!

Thanks for the responses! I think I will roll the dice by doing the special "8 minute" workouts at the end of each video. You know, kinda test the waters.......Nobody can get too upset about 8 minutes....right??
kobe21 is offline   Reply With Quote