Old 04-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/212/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Smile Today I started HHA

I was so excited when it came in the mail yesterday (only 1 day late!) that I read everything, watched a few of the videos and then decided not to do the 6 day slim down cause I was to excited to start!

So this morning I woke up ate some breakfast (need energy to exercise) and pushed play. All I can say is WOW! With SI6 I had problem with my back and my arms were very tired very quickly. With HHA I had neither of those problems. My arms were almost constantly being moved around but they didn't tire out! Doing the 3T's my back never got sore. My shoulders were a bit sore but I belive that's because I was tilting too much. The only other problem I had (aside from not being able to dance!) was a cramp on my right side. Easy enough to live with.

I'm so excited and energized that I'm going to do it again later today! This workout is alot of fun. I will be losing wieght/inches with this program and just watching and tracking what I eat.

I'm going to keep track of my progress in this thread so here are my starting stats:
  • Chest: 38"
  • R-Arm: 13.3"
  • L-Arm: 13"
  • Waist: 36.2"
  • Hips: 41.4"
  • R-Thigh: 26.2"
  • L-Thigh: 25.6"
  • Weight: 164 lbs

Last edited by mmnby; 04-24-2007 at 02:29 PM.
mmnby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #2  
Bride-To-Be

S/C/G: 177/173/135

Height: 5' 3"

Hi! I just received my HHA in the mail today! I am actually near your weight and size. We should really see how much we can work the HHA to our advantage! I am glad to hear someone else up here is trying it.

TC - Trace
Jitsuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

What is HHA?

Good luck to both of you. I hope you do well.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #4  

Hi Trace! Pretty neat that we are both doing HHA and around the same stats! I find being vertically challenged just makes the extra pounds and inches I have look worse so I figured I'd give HHA a shot. Post your workouts and/or progress if you like. The more the merrier! And Good luck, I hope you really enjoy it!

I pushed play again (just finished). I did Fat Burning Cardio (same as this morning), Hips, Buns and Thighs, and because I was curious about it I also did 5 Minute Abs. Of course that is just today. By tomorrow the soreness will have set in and I'll be lucky to do Fat Burning Cardio!

I feel really good, a bit sore but that was alot of exercise. And I almost have all the move in FBC down!

Mare: Hip Hop Abs is a Beachbody home workout video. Stop by beachbody.com for info.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:30 AM   #5  

I was so sore last night, I felt better after a long hot shower (really loosened me up) then when I woke up this morning I was sore and stiff again. Then my glasses broke and I was on a hunt for my contacts. Drove to town to order new glasses and that was pretty much most of my day.

I got home in time take mine and Isa's (my son) bike to school to pick him up. And of course it was time to quickly tidy up the house, help Isa with his homework and cook supper.

By the time I was done, I had no desire to do any exercising (I just wanted to be lazy!). I forced myself to push play though cause I had not 1 but 2 teen burgers today!!! After I entered that into my Fitday, I realized "Girl you gotta do it!" So I did FBC and was still feeling so bad about that 2nd teen burger that I did TBB too! Then I was feeling that stiffness again so I dug out my Slim in 6 series and did the Slim & Limber stretches!

So at the end of Day 2

I FEEL GREAT!

(and I went smilie happy! LOL)
Old 04-26-2007, 11:39 AM   #6  

Wow I felt much better this morning barely stiff at all! Those stretches really helped.

This morning I did S&L, Ab Sculpt and FBC. I will do FBC Again later today, my 6 yr old wants to exercise with me after school! And I might also go on my gazelle as it's been a while since I've done that.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #7  

Day 4: FBC.

Today was short and sweet, just the required workout. I had way too much stuff to do today and was kinda sore. I also jumped ahead (instead of waiting till day 7, rest day) and measured myself cause I was curious and I lost 4.6" in total! Yeah me!
Old 04-28-2007, 08:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/115/119

Height: 5'3"

Ive been doing HHA as a rotation with other work outs...its alot of fun...the only problem is that although my family is used to seeing me jumping and sweating around the living room...this one I WONT do if they are around....40 year old woman hip-hopping in the living room is just too strange....but it is alot of fun...and the moves arnt that bad either...I was able to catch on after a few times.
Button_ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #9  

Default Just Ordered HHA

I just ordered Hip Hop Abs this morning. I have been seeing the infomercials for a few weeks now and it looks like it will be good. I loved the Turbo Jam series but I hit a slump and haven't been able to get back into the videos. I'm looking to lose at least 40 to 50 pounds. I'm 5'11 so I really don't look like I'm carrying a lot of extra weight but I notice. So I'm looking to get these videos to jump start myself back into the workout mood and start losing some pounds.
crownchick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:38 PM   #10  

So today I was trying to teach my son how to ride a 2 wheeler! Lots of work as it was only his first day trying! He did pretty good though considering. Then we had a nap so it was pretty much a lazy day today.

And my eating hasn't been that great today, went to town (30 mins each way)for the family treat of pizza. But I'll do better diet wise tomorrow so it's all good, and it could have been worse. I could have gotten into the cottage cheese perogies with bacon and sour cream! Lol.

So for today Day 5 I only did FBC.

Button_ewe: I know what you mean about doing it in front of other people. Everytime my boyfriend walks into the room I stop. I only do it infront of my 6 yr old!

crownchick05: I hope you enjoy HHA. I have a blst doing it. I tryed SI6 but it was pretty boring and it hurt my core. This is much easier core-wise but I find I sweat lots and get pretty winded after. Some people say that don't feel like they are getting as much of a workout from HHA apposed to TJ and others say the opposite. I have no opinion since I don't have Tj, but I wouldn't trade HHA for anything. I think it is awsome.

Last edited by mmnby; 04-30-2007 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:49 AM   #11  

Day 6: Ab Sculpt & FBC

It was hard to get started, I had to work through bad oblique cramping, but I did it and it went away! Tomorrow is my rest day and do I ever feel like I've earned it!

Old 05-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #12  
Recovering Shopaholic

S/C/G: See tickers for latest!

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies!

Looking for your input on HHA. Would you consider this more a beginner's workout or intermediate/advanced? I like the "dancy" type workouts, but most of the time they don't really push me to the level that I need to burn fat. What do you think about this one? I usually do Turbo Jam and find it isn't really challenging me anymore.

Looking forward to hearing your input! TIA!

Kelly
HandbagAficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #13  

Kelly: In my opinion, HHA level 1 is pretty basic beginner stuff, it's fun for me cause I can't dance and have no rhythm whatsoever! My heart rate goes very high cause I'm out of shape and it doesn't take much to push me where I need to be. I was searching around the beachbody boards for an answer to your question and I read that most people who have TJ went to HHA Ultimate Results (level 2). But I couldn't find any posts for how they felt about it when they got it (heart rate wise) aside from being fun and adding it to their TJ rotation. Worst case, beachbody does have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Remember you get out of it what you put in.

Day 1 - Week 2: Did required video only, was too busy putting it off to actually do it. It's amazing how many things you can find to do when you are avoiding something! Did it though and am glad.

I was going to measure myself yesterday (rest day) but I was sick all day and didn't get around to it. And I was freaked out that I might not have lost anymore inches. So my new day to measure will be every Day 4.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:11 PM   #14  

Day 2: FBC & A.S.

Feeling good, can't wait only 2 more days till my next "weigh in"!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:19 AM   #15  
Yup... at this AGAIN!

Great thread gals! I ordered HHA a couple weeks ago and now am really anxious to get it. Also got suckered into Slim in 6 express (those dang Beachbody marketing emails...), so I should have a good selection once I have them all.

And good question Handbag. I was wondering the exact same thing. I'll admit I'm very much out of shape, but I started TJ last week and I really don't find it all that challenging. Of course I could likely bounce it out a bit more, but even with that - I'm not having to push myself very hard. Then again, I've only done the 20 minute workout. Maybe sculpt and cardio party are more challenging...?

And Button - LORD do I know what you mean about being self-concious. I will not do this in front of my husband. In 95% of situations, it's impossible to embarrass me. This is NOT one of those situations! Tee hee...

So keep at it guys. I'm anxious to see your progress. Hopefully will inspire me to pop it in the DVD as soon as I get it and start moving!!
Sask is offline   Reply With Quote