Old 04-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #1  

Default WATP 4 mile recommendations

I started with the 1 & 2 mile WATP dvd's and I've really enjoyed them but now I would like to advance to the 3 & 4 mile workout. I want my walk to be longer but not necessarily more intense. I don't mind using the weights but I don't think I would like the workouts that require the bands. I pretty much want just a low impact 4 mile walk. Are their any WATP dvd's like this? Also, can I find them at Walmart or Best Buy, etc.? Or is the internet the best place to find these? Thanks
caroljshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #2  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Carol,

I have been doing the 1 mile get up and get started, and just advanced to the 2 mile high calorie burn. I also have the 3 mile super fat burning and the 4 mile super challenge dvds, and I believe they go along with the 1 and 2 mile workouts. I have looked through them, but I've not worked my way up to them yet, but they do remind me of the same workouts, just longer. I don't think Walmart sells both of these, and I haven't even looked at Best Buy, but I did buy both of mine from Amazon.com and if your total is $25 or more, you get free shipping, and they do have very fast service. Hope this will help you some.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 PM   #3  

I think the "four mile super challenge" does not use any bands or weights. I've seen this one at Walmart.

Also, check at Target in the fitness equipment aisle. They have two different Leslie Sansone dvds that are compilations and have more than one workout on each dvd. I think the one called "Intense Walk" has the four mile walk on it.

Hope that helps-
Sherry

You could also do shorter workouts back to back to make up four miles.
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #4  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Leslie has a new set of dvds called Walk Slim. The walks do not use the bands but there's a firming dvd that uses the band. There's 2 mile walk, a 3 mile and a 4 mile. In the 2 mile and the 4 mile you have to option to do some light jogging. They're faster paced and alot of fun. I did the 2 mile walk this morning along with Jari Love's Ripped to the Core. You can get the Walk Slim set at her website(it's $40 + shipping). I got at Walmart the 3 and 4 mile WATP express walks on 1 dvd. One of them uses the band (the 3 mile I believe) but you can always not use the band. I don't care for the band myself. It hurts my shoulders and elbow joints. Also at Walmart I bought the 5 mile advanced walk. It has 2 fast miles and then 3 different 1 mile walks that use the 3 different boosters-hand weights, stretchie band and the belt with the bands attached. It's chaptered well, so you can skip around to do each one mile walk that you want to. I've recently gotten into working out with Leslie again. I think it's really something I can stick with for the long haul. Best Wishes, Donna
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:15 PM   #5  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Donna ~~ Thanks so much for that info. I may eventually check into the Walk Slim series.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I was able to find the 3 and 4 mile Express on one dvd at Walmart. I did the 3 mile today and it was a butt kicker. It actually came with the free band which I did use but my shoulders were hurting after the workout. Not sure if the 4 mile uses the band or not. I'm going to give the 4 mile walk a try tomorrow.
caroljshaw is offline   Reply With Quote