Old 04-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #46  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you ALL for your encouragement you have been giving me!! Last night I did do the 1 mile get up and get started with the 2 pound weights. This morning I decided to step it up with the 2 mile high calorie burn, but that one is more fast paced and I still could just get through the 1 mile, but it felt really good! We went out to our favorite chinese restaurant last night and I know I'm retaining a lot of sodium, because I've extremely swollen this morning, it feels so yucky!! I did share a meal with my DD, but we won't be going back there again for a long time! I did lose 3 pounds this past week, but today I've decided instead of just writing down what I eat, never knowing exactly how much I'm taking in, I'm going to start counting my calories and fat intake, and I really need to make a committment to get in atleast 8 glasses or more of water every day.

Karen & Mare ~~ I hope you're both feeling better!

Marie ~~ I'm so sorry about your baby, but atleast she's back with her sister in heaven and probably running around and playing together.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Marie, I'm glad that you liked the Rainbow Bridge. If you do a search on "rainbow bridge" there are several versions of the poem. There is even a printable one that I printed out and have in an album with all of Shiloh's pictures. And I still go back and shed a tear everyonce in awhile.... they do become members of the family.

By the way... I've been watching this WATP's thread for sometime. I so enjoy doing her videos. I started out with the 1 mile and now I am doing the 3 mile twice a day. I think it is a wonderful workout and so far I've been able to continue with it.

Everybody have a HAPPY EASTER!!! Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:28 AM   #48  
Dieting Diva

Chinese Food can do it to you ! I miss it. I fix homemade stuff for DH and DS13- but am not going to eat it until I get my weight down.

Quote:
I did lose 3 pounds this past week, but today I've decided instead of just writing down what I eat, never knowing exactly how much I'm taking in, I'm going to start counting my calories and fat intake, and I really need to make a committment to get in atleast 8 glasses or more of water every day.
Three pounds is great ! It sounds like you are getting serious.

Welcome Karen31, Glad you could join us !

Mare- why is it a CAMPER's Elbow ? I missed something.

I did the five mile advanced today. I really like doing three in the morning and three in the afternoon, but it doesn't always work out that way.
Everyone have a wonderful Easter. If you don't do Easter- then have a wonderful day !
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:28 PM   #49  

SIRAK...Thanks so much for your encouragement, I really appreciate it and it helps to keep me going!! You're doing really good also and look at your weightloss!!! I meant to ask you how you like using Fitday and if you find it confusing or difficult? Also, how long has it taken you to lose the weight you have so far? Thanks for your help!!

This morning I still could only do the first mile of the 2 mile high calorie burn. That one is so much more fast paced than the 1 mile get up and get started with the 2 pound weights. My legs were really feeling it. Hopefully within a couple of days I'll be able to get through the whole thing. Hope all of you ladies have a wonderful Easter. My older DD is having dinner at their new place so that's where we're headed a little later. Atleast I get to see my little "granddaughter" Oreo lol!!
Old 04-08-2007, 07:51 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Smile Took a break yesterday.

I couldn't do it yesterday because my back was killing me the night before at work and since this is the only thing I have been doing differently I thought I should take a break. I had to work 6-3 today and then we went to my brothers' for dinner and boy did my son have fun. We came home and he went to sleep (such a darling 14 months old and says night night when he wants to go to sleep.) Then I did a mile with a pilates band. That definitely worked my shoulders. Its so strange to feel good after but I guess you should if you have done exercise but not more than your body can handle yet. I probably could try to do more but I haven't done much extra activity other than work. Which is in a store full time so I'm usually tired already but hey it helps to keep me from gaining weight quickly to have an active job. But guess I wrote enough already.
Just to add confusion my name is actually Karen also but Kgood works.
kgood2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:02 PM   #51  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Good evening! I squeezed in the 2 mile Express this morning while my potato casseroles were baking. I wish I could have done more, but time just would not allow it. As soon as they finished, we left (I barely had time for a shower!). I'm just too tired to do any more tonight, so 2 miles will have to do!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend, however you spent it!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:54 AM   #52  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I got up this morning and did the 3 mile abs workout followed by a few minutes on the treadmill.

Don't have much time, but I wanted to drop by with this note!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi
Hope everyone had a great weekend mine was good Hubby and I went on a road trip to visit my cousin in Miami 5 hours away it was nice to see her and her family the only bad thing was I didnt get all my walking in last week only did three days two days I did 9 miles the last day I did 7 miles and I really wanted to walk every day since I see my doctor tomorrow morning well its a new week and I am ready to get moving and hoping this week to do alot better hope you all have a great week
Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #54  

This morning I wasn't feeling very well, and also retaining water which I hate, but I did the 1 mile get up and get started with the 2 pound weights.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:03 PM   #55  

I have been reading these boards for a while and just decided to post something. I have Leslie Sansone WATP 1,2, and 3 ; WATP EXPRESS 1,2,3 and 4; Walk Slim 1,2,3 and 4; Walkblaster with the 3 dvd's that comes with that; and the Yoga and Pilates dvd. But I also enjoy Turbo Jam and recently just purchased Hip Hop Abs, also haveTaboe and Richard Simmons tapes. The problem is I am really not in shape and I did the Walk Slim 1 and 2 and did this 2 times and I thought I was gonna die. I am also going to WW and watching what I am eating also. Didn't know if any of you have any suggestions about the Leslie Sansone and maybe which ones I should be doing instead. But I also have like 110-120 pounds to lose too. Sorry this is too long and thank you for listening to me. You all seem like great people on here, and I would like your opinions. Thanks!

Michelle
chelle08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #56  

Michelle,

Welcome! Hi! The Walk Slim dvds are faster paced than her older ones. I'd suggest starting with the one mile original WATP workout.

Hope that helps-
sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #57  

MICHELLE...I agree with Sherry, I started on March 31 doing the 1 mile get up and get started every morning, then added the 2 pound soft weights after about the fourth day. I also did the workout a second time in the evening a couple of the days. On Saturday I tried to go up to the 2 mile high calorie burn, but still could only do the first mile so far because it's more fast paced. I have about 13 of her dvds, but I'm starting out slowly. Tonight I also did the 1 mile get up and get started with the 2 pound weights again. You will love this group!!
Old 04-10-2007, 12:58 AM   #58  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Hi All,
I said I would start posting this week so here goes. This evening I did the walk and jog. I believe she says it's 2.5 miles. Is this correct, anybody know?
Then I did the 1 mile. I did the 60 minute Tae bo this morning. Need to jump start the weight loss again.

SO I am 3.5 for the month beginning today.
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #59  

Thanks Sherry and Michelle for your advice. I will start to doing those again and get better gradually. Also Sherry thanks for the message, I am new to this and didn't really know how to respond back to you. Sometimes it just gets overwhelming to know how far you have to goal to get to your goal. But I am just going to take it one day at a time.
Michelle
chelle08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:06 AM   #60  
Dieting Diva

Good Morning Walkers !I hope everyone is having a great day !
Hello Sherry !
Michele- I like Fit day and it has been really helpful in looking at my nutritional intake. If I am going to eat something it has to be something that is worth it. At the same time it has helped me by telling me that I am not eating enough calories or eating not enough carbs. I started at the tail end of January and have been working at the diet and walking ever since. I think that I was stuck on the 3 mile tapes most of February and then once I had "100" miles I bought the advanced five mile. You are certainly headed in the right direction and if you have any questions just give me a shout ~!
I did the three mile yesterday morning and the 5 mile yesterday afternoon from the advanced DVD. I took Easter off as I was chasing my kids and Dsis' kids up at my Mom's instead.
One of the things I did to ease into the five mile was to not do five miles off the bat. I did four miles a couple of weeks. If a tape is wearing you out don't do the boosters at first. When I was pregnant with dd2 I used water bottles instead of weights as the Dr wasn't sure about me ( being 40 and pregnant) lifting anything heavy. I don't have two pound weights. I have two cans of pumpkin that I used when I started back. Yes, it looked funny- who cares ! I gradually added four pound weights( as that is what I have ).
I have to feed the horses and walk the dog still . I have to go and shop in town so I don't know if I make a morning walk, it is a busy day.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote