Old 05-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #16  
hara hachi bu

I have one older Tae Bo DVD, I think it's a cardio one. I haven't done it regularly enough to notice specific results, but I've used it as a stand-in when I can't get some other workout in. And yeah, you do notice that you've gotten a workout with him!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/138/121

Height: 5'4"

I do Tae Bo every Monday night at my gym. We usually do one of the Advanced II Ripped 55-minute workouts- and they seem to do a great job. I have been doing it every Monday for almost 2 months now, and I actually notice a difference in my body. I feel like my stomach is tighter, and my thighs/butt (my problem area) is feeling less jiggly. I recently bought a DVD for myself so I could do it at home too. I am very happy with Tae Bo!!

I haven't tried the Bootcamps or anything though-and have heard good things about them. I guess I'm not really sure which new Tae Bo DVD to invest in. I want something that is very tough and will really work me hard. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than wasting my time on a video and then feeling like I really didn't get anything out of it.

Any suggestions? What is the toughest Tae Bo workout out there?
pumpkinjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 140/134/125

Height: 5'7

I do tae bo all the time I only use the really old vhs tapes...the tae bo advanced! Its awesome and it you really know you worked out after your done, I'm always sweating like crazy. I have most definitely noticed a difference in my body, with eating right its the best workout for me because it burns calories and tones my body at the same time. I have the bootcamp ones also, but are really challenging, so I do those when I have a lot of energy lol. But the advanced one I would recommend for sure!
secksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #19  

I have the Tae Bo Ultimate abs/butt video let me tell you this is not for beginners! I don't use it as often as I should but everytime I do, I cannot begin to explain how sore I am the next day, especially after the butt workout. It's painful but it keeps me motivated because I know it's working! I have noticed my butt seems more lifted and a bit smaller, and for the first time since I can remember, I can actually feel my abs under all the flab! I like to joke that I've got a 6-pack, it's just hiding.

The Total Body Fat Blaster workout is great too, although it should be called the mostly upper body fat blaster. After my first time using this video with the bands, every muscle in my back was sore, which I've never gotten with any other video. The only downside is that you need to purchase Billy's Bands, which have loops to hook around your feet. I was not able to use my regular resistance bands.

I recently purchased the basic bootcamp videos and have only used the Ab and Cardio ones so far. They're each only 30 minutes long so they're good on my lazy days, but if you want a more effective workout I would definately use the videos I mentioned previously.
Caryatid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #20  

I just want to express my love for Tae Bo, the Get Ripped (GR) series and also the Advanced Live (AL) series. I would say to not waste your time with the Boot Camps. I personally do not like strength training with resistance bands - it feels way too unnatural.

Doing an hour of GR and AL is like running for an hour, and you burn around 800 calories. I am in the best shape of my life. I can RUN (not jog!) a 5K and I haven't even conditioned myself to do so since my knees get sore from running. I have seen amazing results, but now I am trying to switch it up with The FIRM and traditional cardio because my body had gotten used to the kick boxing moves (I am a 6-7 day/week exerciser). I am very pleased with my obliques and thighs but I want to rev up my fitness level a tad. Nothing beats these Tae Bo workouts for cardio.

Just my two cents!
caitietee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:08 PM   #21  
CoraNaomiHarrison

I Do The Billy Blanks 8 Miniute For 2 Years It A Great Way To Work Out But I Have Never Seen Major Results. I Once Tried Out The Crunch Fitness By Him But Only Once
cora150892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #22  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I have and enjoy Tae Bo Cardio...I'm going to get some more soon, I just trouble deciding which ones.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote