Old 03-17-2007, 09:31 PM   #1  
New to New York

S/C/G: 212/199/155

Height: 5'5

Default Hip Hop Abs-just getting started

Ok I'm not new to working out, but I am new to sticking with a work out. In the past I have been signed up with the PUSH program, I've tried Tae-Bo, and the Tae Bo boot camp as well. When I saw the Hip Hop Abs infommercial, the only reason I ordered it was because it was the first time I had watched an infommercial that made me get up off the couch! So here I go again with another tape that I am hoping will keep me motivated to lose weight. I am looking for anyone out there who is also using the HHA tapes as part of the their work out regimine and would like to share experiences and support. I have not used the tape yet, but I did get around to measuring myself today. Hopefully tomorrow I will get up and get with it. Looking forward to hearing from other people!
sokaqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:58 PM   #2  
BBW from Detroit

HEY THERE

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS WORKOUT! I LOVE SHAUN T, HE IS SO ENGAGING TO ME. I REALLY WANT TO "WORK IT OUT" WHEN HE TELLS ME TOO. I ADD HHA TO MY TJ ROUTINE, IT IS A NICE ALTERNATIVE. WHERE I CANT ENGAGE MY ABS IN TJ, SOME OF THE MOVES IN HHA GIVE YOU NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TOO. WHEN ARE YOU SET TO RECIEVE IT?
cjlafaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/218/175

Height: 5'5"

I just got my DVD's for HHA today so tomorrow I'm going to start. I love exercising in the morning, I feel like I have more energy throughout the day. So tomorrow morning this is me doing my workout. I hope it works as well as the commercial says it does because I hate doing crunches and my belly jiggles when I walk that I need to do something...crunches bad
Wish me luck.....
I'm so glad I found this forum it makes my four letter word easier
Angelmsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/156/135

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone, I just got HHA yesterday and did my 1st workout last night, oh my, this is so much fun! I love dancing and this was just a blast, the moves are easy but I see how they work your core, I just kept telling myself to keep holding in my abs, and did I feel the burn, I was sweating like a pig.. ha! But it was alot of fun and I know I will keep using the tapes because I didn't get board, usually I do.. Good Luck To everyone!
Randa Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #5  
I'm on my *weigh*

S/C/G: 243/238/150

Height: 5'4"

I just received my HHA today aas well. I have a bad sun burn (first tanning bed visit UGH) so I havent been doing my exercises this week. I decided to go ahead and try the 5 min. abs just so I could do *Something kwim?

Anywhoo.. OMG! My abs are already burning and have sweat running down! Now I usually make it through my 30 min. Power 90 or slim in 6 with that clammy feel like you are about to start sweating.. but 5 min abs and I WAS sweating! WOW!

I'm hoping my sun burn will be well enough tomorrow to handle a full workout. I cant wait to try this!! I ordered Turbo Jam as well and it should be here the first of next week. I've heard a lot of ladis talk about using them together.
Homemommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #6  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

I'm new to HHA, too! I just got it today and LOVE it already! I'm feeling my abs and especially my obliques!

I think Shawn T. is a fantastic teacher! He sure loves what he does and wants everyone else to love it, too! His enthusiasm is so GREAT!

I'm not especially coordinated and haven't danced much. That's one of the reasons why I decided to get HHA. Losing the weight I have already lost has opened new doors for me, and I am more interested in trying new things.

Oh, by the way, I'm 55 and am in better shape than I was in my thirties thanks to walking and DVDs as well as my weight loss. I've always admired people who can move their bodies so well (dancers) and want to get better and better at it myself!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote