Old 03-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #1  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Smile WATP ~~ March 2007 Daily Posts ~~

Hello all you beautiful walkers! This is the thread for people who use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds! Feel free to stop by and report your walks and progress toward your goals! Or if you just want to ask a question, we're here for you!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #2  
Dieting Diva

I started last month and am a bit of a newbie( who is now 18 pounds lighter).
I am happy to report that I logged 71 miles in the month of February and my new goal is to work towards adding an extra mile a day when I can !
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Sirak - great job on the 18 pounds. We're glad to have you!!!

I jogged 2 miles, walked 1 mile and did the strength training video this morning. My arms were tired on my way to work. I guess perhaps I'm making some bicep/tricep progress but they're so flabby I'm thinking nothing short of surgery will fix them. But I'm trying none the less.

Have a great day!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Sirak!! Congratulations on your weight loss!

I did the walk slim 3 miles this morning. May just get another mile or so in later. I know tomorrow it's going to be hard to get any exercise in with DH's doctor appointment. Might as well rack up the miles when I can and while I'm feeling motivated LOL

Editing to add that I just finished up 2 more miles DH took our 3 yo DD with him to his mom's for a little bit so I squeezed in the muscle and power miles with 3 lb weights.

Last edited by hoosiermomto3; 03-01-2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: adding exercise
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #5  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I'm just restarting again, so 1 mile get up and get started this morning.

KAREN...I'm so sorry to hear about your DH, but atleast it was caught and you can get it under control now before it gets worse.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #6  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

February went great for me...I feel so much more in shape than at the beginning of the month...I hope March brings more weight loss.

Last edited by PurdueGirl98; 03-01-2007 at 06:04 PM.
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #7  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I have had a GREAT 2007! I am planning on continuing my great streak (today was Day 200!) and losing many more pounds before I go to Spain in June!

We got out early yesterday and today due to weather and I'm really wondering what tomorrow will bring! This afternoon, since I hadn't walked this morning, I did the 5 mile with all the boosters. It felt GREAT, but SO SLOW compared to any of the Walk Slim workouts! I remember when I first got the 5 mile and I thought I would DIE before I got through it!

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #8  

Hi, I would like to join too. I am a long-time video exerciser and Leslie is my favourite. Lately, I have not been motivated to do anything else. I have a really busy schedule right now: I work during the week, teach on Sunday mornings, babysit part-time, am preparing for a course which will improve my job odds, and I am looking for a new job for September (I am a teacher and my current contract ends in June). So I have alot going on!

Anyway, I have lots of Leslie workouts. I just got the Walk Slim this week. I did the firming workout and the first mile of the two-mile tape tonight. It was late, so I stopped after one mile, as I had already done the firming tape.
JoannaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Did the 2 mile walk slim this morning. Off to get ready so we can go to DH's first appointment with our GP about his diabetes. I'm hoping this afternoon or even this evening since it's Friday and I won't have to rush getting homework and things done I can get a few more miles in. I feel like I'm finally "back"!!! And wanting to get more than just a couple of miles in a day.

Michele, WTG on the 200 day streak!!! That is amazing!!!
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #10  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

Exclamation Introducing myself

Hi, all,
I've been following this thread for about a month and thought I'd jump in and join you lovely ladies (and perhaps gentlemen). I started doing Leslie's tapes a month ago, just to give myself a break from the treadmill - and discovered that I like her work outs much better! Aside from her positive, perky demeanor, the workouts use more muscles and they're fun to do!

I had been doing the 3-mile Super Fat Burning tape, and have just started the 4-mile Express Super Challenge and WATP for Abs.

I'm interested in knowing a little more about the 5-mile Advanced Walk DVD - do you have to do all 5 miles or can you mix and match the miles by selecting tracks on the DVD?

I'm looking forward to walking with Leslie and my new cyer-friends!
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

I did the 3 mile walk slim yesterday and getting ready to do it again today
ill do the 2 mile walk slim later this afternoon
Hope everyone has a great day

Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #12  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Bethel: The 5 mile is set up so you can do all 5 miles (1 with each booster plus a fast walk mile and a jog interval mile) or you can choose any of 3 3-mile walks (fast mile, jog mile plus one booster mile). You also have the option of just music without Leslie's chatter. I tried that once and hated not knowing what she was saying! I haven't tried choosing my own tracks, but I bet you could do it if you wanted to use the remote while you are working out.

In addition to the 5 mile, you might want to check out Leslie's newest set: Walk Slim! It is actually several DVD's in a set, but well worth the money! One DVD has a 2 mile that includes some jog intervals (you can fast walk if you're not up to jogging). The second one is 3 fast miles (faster than her other 3 miles). The third one is 4 fast miles, which includes more jog intervals. The last one is a firming workout that uses the stretchie (included). 9 miles of workouts PLUS a 30+ minute firming workout for about $40--what a deal! I have been doing it consistently for about a month and have not tired of it yet! I tried the 5 mile last night for the first time since I got Walk Slim and it felt slow by comparison. Either way, both workouts offer variety and are GREAT fat burners!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #13  

Hello everyone! I usually post @ the Biggest Loser forum but decided to log my exercise here with all of you lovely ladies (and dudes?) hehe! I've been a bit stressed & depressed and just went through a 2 day binge eating **** where I gained 5 pounds. I feel like crap, but at least today I got my butt up and did 2 miles WATP's. I hope to continue this daily. It used to be so easy for me, but I totally struggled today. it's amazing how a few extra LBS will make you feel like a whale.
PinkDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/241/168

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!
I did the 3 mile fat buster today and didn't use the weights for the whole time but for at least half so that is a big improvement for me. I've lost a total of 10 pounds now so I think I will celebrate by buying a new DVD or maybe the walk slim set since everyone seems to like it so much. I tried dieting alone and wasn't seeing much results but since I added a few calories and started working out with WATP I've started to lose again. How did you come up with your 900 mile goals. I'm impressed by the results a lot of you are seeing and I want to keep in the losing trend. How fast did you step up your pace and miles. I did the 3 mile today but I get pretty tired and winded on the last mile. I'm also interested in the ones that add jogging but when I tried jogging outdoors before I got awful shin splints and that was when I was in better shape and walking a lot. I defintely see more results with this than with just the treadmill. Any advice for us beginners?
Thanks, CJ
cj_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #15  

Hi everyone!

Oh, I had such trouble checking in here last month, I hope March will go better! So far I did the 1 Mile WATP with weights yesterday, and the Two Mile WATP with weights today, along with a bit of outdoor walking
CurlyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote