Old 03-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

I just finished up the 2 mile walk slim and followed it with the 2 mile express w/stretchie.

Editing to add that I just finished up the 1 mile evening walk. 5 miles for me today

Last edited by hoosiermomto3; 03-05-2007 at 03:38 PM.
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #32  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, looks like everyone had a busy weekend. The skiing was good - the conditions just okay, but the sun was shining and it was in the mid 50's. I forgot sunscreen on Saturday and burnt. I loaded lots of sunscreen on yesterday so it didn't get worse. My scalp definitely got burnt. Last night's shower let me know that. I got loads of exercise as I skied about 8 hours each day. This morning I only jogged 1 mile and walked 2 miles. I'm a little tired but not too bad.

And Wanda, I totally agree that it's a lifestyle change to get results. I started with leslie and in many year, I'll finish with Leslie. But I could never have returned to skiing if it hadn't been for WATP. Basically, if you don't push yourself a bit, you'll plateau. Like the many others here, I started with her older stuff, then got the 5 mile advanced (as well as the 1 mile jog that I redo for multiple miles) and just started Walk Slim which is definitely her most difficult workout. BTW, a friend on another thread is doing 50 by 50 since her 50th birthday is in December. So maybe you could start a group for that.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #33  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Good evening. I spent much of the day doing things around the house, including sewing a new valance for my daughter's window. As a result, it was almost 7:30 before I got in a workout and I didn't feel like doing a long one. I chose the 2 fast start Walk Slim miles.

Tomorrow will be interesting, as we have a tax appointment at 9am and then the kids and I are spending some time shopping and out to lunch. I leave on Thursday morning for my professional conference in Kansas City, so we're spending our quality Spring Break time early in the week. I'll squeeze in a workout sometime tomorrow afternoon before we go pick up our new Explorer at 5!

Have a great week!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:23 PM   #34  
wanda the witch

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Marie,
I love the 50 by 50 idea, but I am very new to this web site, so maybe I'll wait and see if I find any potential takers. I have a 100 mile self goal this month and I am climbing the appilacian trail on another site America on the Move.

Today like yesterday I had 2 walks with Leslie the 3 mile high energy walk in the am and the 2 miles watp for abs in the pm...I went over the majic 10,000 a few moments age and will probable add another 200 steps before bed.

Thanks to everyone for their insights and tips.

Wanda
wanda the witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:42 PM   #35  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I did some weight lifting this morning (30 minutes), then walked at lunch with a friend (25 minutes).

Have a great night.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone
I did 3 mile walk slim and walked the treadmill for 30 minutes yesterday
I am going to do the same for today if not more
I also like to count my steps and my goal is 100 miles this month in Feb.
I did 75 miles and in Jan I did 95 miles so I am up now and ready to walk
away the pounds to becoming a healthy, fit, active women
Have a great day
Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #37  

WHOO!!! I feel good this morning Just finished up 6 miles total I did the 4 mile walk slim and followed it with the 2 mile fat burner. I hadn't done that one in so long I actually forgot what it was until the workout started LOL And then I remembered why I don't do it LOL It's a good muscle workout but certainly doesn't keep your heartrate up. But I'll count it anyway If I feel like a 2 mile chaser next time I'll have to remember to pick one of the faster paced workouts
Old 03-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #38  
Dieting Diva

I did my Three mile for the abs in the morning and the other Three mile in the afternoon. I wanted to try something different and see if I could . It will be a while before I try that again- somewhere in the afternoon in the second mile I really got tired. I can get sweaty, but this was tired. I think I will stick with three and four miles for another month or so.
Walk Slim sounds like a really good Mother's Day present for myself. By then I will need something a little more challenging and it is wonderful non food reward.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #39  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

Height: 5'3"

Question

I really admire you ladies who do WATP twice a day - my limit seems to be 4 miles max in one session per day. How do you manage getting all sweaty twice a day?
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #40  

Quote:
How do you manage getting all sweaty twice a day?
For me, I have to do my "major" workout at one time. Then if I have time to do another workout or just feel the need to LOL I only do a mile or so. Having 3 kids and a DH on nights I don't have time to take two showers a day LOL But, you also have to just do what's right for you. Some of the ladies who put in so many miles have been at this WATP stuff for a good while now and have really built up their endurance As for me, getting my new washer and dryer has freed up a whole lot of time LOL
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #41  
wanda the witch

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Hey chickies!

In answer to the 2 workouts a day, I need them have thyroid and anemia plus diabetes which equals one slow metabolism,(I also get up at 4:30am and crash around 10:00pm the ist workout starts at 5:00am) and when it gets warmer than a 25 below wind chill i'll do another mile at lunch. Today I only did one leslie 4mile super challenge, but at the end of the day after work I power shopped (up and down every isle)...my total for the day is 11816 stept so I feel i did ok.

Wanda
wanda the witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:13 AM   #42  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi!
I did the 3 mile with resistance bands from the 5 mile DVD (35 minutes). Have a great day!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:49 AM   #43  

Good morning!!! Just finished the 4 mile walk slim. Man I LOVE that workout Off to shower and run a bunch of errands before DH goes to work so I can do them kid free LOL
Old 03-07-2007, 10:30 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone
Well yesterday morning I did the 4 mile walk slim for the first time I didnt
think I could but I did it even did the boosted walking parts then at 6pm I did
the 3 mile walk slim
I really enjoy the walk slim dvds it takes time to fit two dvds in but for me I
just say this will help with my health problems and I want to get things
under control I go back to the doctor in April and I cant wait to see how
much better things are for me
well hope you all have a great day
Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #45  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning everyone - I did 2 miles walking and 2 miles jogging this morning. A nice speedy workout.

Yesterday I did the 4 mile walk slim, then walked at lunch and after work DH took the 3 doggies and DGS for a walk so I was at about 6.5 miles yesterday. Not too bad...
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote