Old 03-29-2007, 04:07 PM   #166  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirak View Post
I am glad to hear that things are working out, Karen- that sort of stuff is hairy !
I feel sorry for the people at the school sometimes.

Here is another question.My Mom is an aging diabetic( of 50 years) who has walked outside forever. She has asked me twice about the walking series. She has some balence issues, but once she gets going she has momentum.
I have the powermile that I might lend her, but I don't want to set her up for a failure. Does anyone have any suggestions of what might be better ? My Dad( the health club fanatic) will do it with her for support.
Look at the library. I checked out several before I found Leslie. Look for ones that are geared towards women who are over 50. The workout is much more gentle. I think it's sweet that you want to do this for her.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:11 PM   #167  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiermomto3 View Post
She is going to have to pay us $13 for the airtime that she used and her mother said she is going to make her work it off over spring break (next week for us) and it will be payed when she returns to school.

Wrong Wrong Wrong!

You should not have to wait for your money. They should give you the money and she pay them back. You can't tell the phone company that you will pay them when this brat pays you. Why should you have to wait for your money? This kid is a minor and the parents are responsible for her actions. What if she's a bigger brat and refuses to work it off? Does that mean you won't get your money?

I'm glad you spoke with the parents, however, they owe you and need to wait to be repaid.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #168  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Hope everything works out with the phone situation, Karen! That's one reason why I just can't justify my 13 year-old having one (even though she keeps pleading with us!).

I did the 4 mile Super Challenge this morning! Then it was a FULL day here at school. Now I'm finally unwinding and I think I'm going to insist that we go out to dinner (just so i don't have to cook!). We FINALLY have a reasonably quiet night. Only DD's dance class at 7:45.

Have a good one!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:16 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

The evening mile plus legs is a fairly slow/easy walk. Also I ordered a couple of DVDs off Ebay for my own mom and dad (dad has really bad knees, he'll be having surgery in April/May and he was able to do them) that were WATP for Seniors/Older Adults. Mom said they were still plenty fast paced for them, but easier on them than her more mainstream workouts. I hopped over to Ebay and saw they have a few of those videos. Not sure if you can find them anywhere else or not since they are a little old.
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #170  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

Exclamation Walk slim question

I'm thinking of buying the Walk Slim series. I have a question - how long is the 4-mile segment? On her older tapes, each mile took about 15 minutes. I've been doing the Walk & Jog for a while, and I think I'm ready to bump up to the next level of walking. Is the Walk Slim set more vigorous than her earlier workouts?
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:20 AM   #171  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Bethel: Walk Slim is a much more vigorous series! I feel like I get a better workout with th 4 mile Walk Slim than I do with the 5 mile Advanced Walk (although that one is GREAT, too!). The 4 mile WS is about 50 minutes including a 2-3 minute cooldown/stretch. It has 5 segments of faster walking followed by segments of her "boosted walking" (jogging). The music is GREAT, too!

I did the 3 mile Walk Slim this morning, followed by a few minutes on the treadmill to complete my 50 minutes for the day.

Have a great weekend!

Michele
Old 03-30-2007, 11:44 AM   #172  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, I did the 4 mile walk slim this morning - but I did it in 47 minutes because I didn't want to stretch - hence the 3 minutes less than Michele stated. Bethel, I was very wishy-washy on whether or not to purchase the set and I am so glad I did. I agree with Michele that it's a better workout even though the 5 miler is good too.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:59 AM   #173  

I've got to agree with Michele and Marie about the walk slim series It is a great workout!! But like they said, the 5 mile is a good one too, but after doing the walk slim, the miles in it other than the fastest walk feel slow! Imagine that LOL

I did the 4 mile walk slim this morning. I think today will be a 4 mile day because I have so much to do. I wasn't going to even work out with all the things I need to get done, but DH took off to pick up some farm supplies and took 3 yo DD with him so I couldn't pass up that free workout time!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi
I just have to say that I love the walk slim miles I do them every day I am so glad I have them
I did the 4 mile walk slim this morning
Have A great Day
Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:41 PM   #175  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

WOW, last day of March, and I've decided to get my act together FINALLY!! I've restarted my whole plan this morning, because I really want this weight off a year from now. I got up first thing this morning and did the 1 mile get up and started, and will be doing that for the next few days until my body adjusts to exercising again.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:10 PM   #176  

Only did the 2 mile walk slim today My knee is bothering me a lot and it seems to be swollen. Bah. I'll rest it today and hopefully I'll be up to more exercise tomorrow.

Old 03-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #177  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

I met my March goal today! I did the 3 mile Express (with the stretchie) plus I hopped on the treadmill and JOGGED .25 mile before cooling down! It's storming off and on here today, so it was a great day to workout indoors! Now it's off to the showers so we can have supper before going to a wedding reception. Some friends of ours got engaged on Valentine's Day and quietly married 2 weeks later. This is a second wedding for both. They are having a reception tonight and since all our kids do things together, it will be lots of fun (if the storms don't cause problems)!

Have a great weekend!

Michele