Old 02-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #1  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

Height: 5'3"

Question Need walking DVD advice

I've really been enjoying Leslie Sansone's tapes (I have the 1 & 2 mile, and 3-mile Super Fat Burning ones). I consider myself an intermediate/advanced walker.

Questions:
1. Are her other tapes much different from the ones I have? Is it worth getting more?
2. Which other tapes do you recommend? I'd shy away from the jogging one, since I have bad knees. I'd like to get in more toning.
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Bethel,
I have the same Leslie Sansone videos that you have and I also have another one that has 3 workouts on 1 DVD. It has the Muscle Mile One, The Walk Strong, and the 30 Minute Walk. What I have been doing is using the 3 mile Super Fat Burn and then I do the Muscle Mile One, to make it a total of 4 miles. I have done all of these that I have except for the Walk Strong. That one has some lunges and strength training things in it that I just haven't been ready to tackle yet. But I really like them and I plan to just add a mile or two of the ones that I have to make it more of a workout. I don't know about any of the other videos that she has.
Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:08 PM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Bethel!

My favorite is the Four Mile Super Challenge. I also like those that came with my Walkblaster. They include lunges, squats, and working out with handweights (come with the program). I do other DVDs including Turbo Jam, exercise ball workouts, step aerobics, yoga, and Pilates. I really like to mix it up so I don't get bored!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:14 AM   #4  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

I use Leslie Sansone's WATP Express system. I adore it because it uses the stretchie band instead of hand weights. You get complete toning, strengthening, and cardio in one workout.

I love it.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:05 AM   #5  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Overall the tapes are basically the same. The variations I have are walk kick, walk strong. Walk kick is her usual walking (and her for steps) with an interval of low impact kick boxing. It comes out to 2 miles. Walk strong is the same idea except she does strength training for the intervals. I used walk strong to get used to lunges and squats and working with weights before I moved on to other DVDs

Leslie also has you can do pilates and you can do yoga. I do think overall the DVDs are basically the same except for high miles she starts out a little faster and adds in a little more complex steps like the grape vine (which she did at lower miles in older DVDs) and the double and triple kick backs. Also she may add in weights to change things up
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:04 PM   #6  

I love Leslie! Here are the ones I have which are a bit different:

1) Walk Strong. There are two versions of this. One uses weights and one uses resistance band. I have both of these and like them a lot.

2) Walk and Kick and Walk Jog: Both are interval workouts where you alternate sections of walking with sections of the other stuff.

3) Fat-Burning Walk: An older re-release which has some good lower body strength work mixed in with the walking. Only older release I kept

4) Power Walking System: Has a LOT of upper body work, they wear weights the whole time. Includes lower body routine too. Dvd is a bit glitchy though
JoannaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:39 PM   #7  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I just received the new Leslie Sansone Walk Slim dvds and so far I love them. I think they're fairly new, or maybe they're just new to me . You get 4 dvds- a 1 mile, a 2 mile, a 3 fast miles, a 4 fast miles and a 40 minute toning dvd that uses a resistance band that comes with the set. It's $39.95 + s/h at her website.
I'm really gald I found it. The music's really upbeat and the walks are really fun. I've only done the 3 and 4 mile walks though. She incorporates what she calls boosted walking which is reall like jogging. But, if you have bad knees, you can still walk. The 3 mile doesn't have the jogging but I still was sweatin' alot. I keep wanting to do the firming dvd, but I'm also doing the PUSH strength training system, so I didn't want to overdo it on the strength part. Maybe I'll do it this weekend. Anyway, just wanted let people know about these. I think they're great.

Keep on movin'
ddc
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote