Old 01-31-2007, 02:44 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3 View Post
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my slim in 6 set! I was wondering, though, if it's very hard on the knees? I have a problem with one of mine, and I'm a little nervous about that.

See if your cable company has ExerciseTV on Demand. Mine has Start it Up and Slim and 6-pack from Slim in 6 available for free.
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:46 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3 View Post
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my slim in 6 set! I was wondering, though, if it's very hard on the knees? I have a problem with one of mine, and I'm a little nervous about that.

See if your cable company has ExerciseTV on Demand. Mine has Start it Up and Slim and 6-pack from Slim in 6 available for free.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:06 PM   #18  

Default How to find 128bpm music?

Mini-me: I saw that you talked about downloading music that was 128bpm. I am fairly new to downloading music - how do you identify the songs that are 128bpm? I would love to be able to do that because although I love th Slim in 6 workouts, the music is enough to put me to sleep! Thanks for any help you can give me....
KellyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #19  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

HI! I have slim in 6 too, along with power 90. I was considering which one to start back up with and I think I will do the power 90 because it is a little less intense but I am going to back it with slim in 6 later. mind if I join in your group even though I am not quite the same? I tried the slim in 6 last year but was too pooped out to get through more than a week (later found out I was anemic). I am planning on starting up in the middle of february once I get the go ahead from the doc
sumisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:08 PM   #20  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

sumisan Hi and welcome!! It would be great for you to join!! I think that I am the only one doing it so we can count on each other. I never would have thought the Slim in 6 is tougher than Power 90. But it is tough. I am still doing the Start it up tape. I am going to move on to the next tape either tomorrow or this weekend. I have already noticed a difference in my stomach so that is what is keeping me going. Let me know when you get the go ahead from the Doc. It will be fun!!
Mary
Petra6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:30 PM   #21  
Skinny Chick in Training

Yea!

I have the regular power 90 not the power 90 X. It alternates days of weights and cardio which makes it less intense than slim in 6 which does both everyday. The routines are a little different the slim in 6 is more girly but they both are about the same difficulty, with the only difference being the way the cardio weights work.

But I wont be starting just yet so you will have to help motivate me once I get back on my feet Wow you did great last month! Are you following any particular plan or just counting calories? (thats me). You started a few lbs lighter than me but our overall goals are nearly the same

--Sumi
Old 02-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #22  

I am counting calories. I haven't been eating enough actually so my goal for this month is to make sure that every day is at least 1100. I am just not hungry sometimes. But that is going to have to change. Espically (sp?) since I will be exercise the whole month. Last month I didn't start SI6 until like the 20 or 25th so. And since then I have lost 1 lb. Which is good but I know I need to eat more. It does look like our goals are the same. I did have mine at 125 but I thought that might be to low, so I decide I would go 135 and then if I want to go lower I can.

I didn't know the Power 90 did that. Yah it would be better than how SI6 does it. I think SI6 can over do it sometimes. Like how Debbie says that you can do the abs tape everyday, Everyone else I read or hear says to take a day off to let the muscles restore themselves. I don't know just something I observed. lol
Mary
Old 02-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #23  
Skinny Chick in Training

I agree, but luckily for a tape you can go easy if you want. One thing about the power 90 is the power yoga, that is a pain in the arse literally. I could barely get through it. That and both tapes do push ups, I still have yet to figure out how to unlock my elbows. But even with all those hindrances they still work so thats what I love about them!

I was asking around about calories and everyone says to try and stay about 1400 so you can go down to 1200 when you hit platuaes. I am just under 1200 now and I don't feel hungry. I decided I might up the calories once I start excersising and once I see a real loss. Like when I see the 170's. I highly doubt that I can put myself in starvation mode by eating 1200 calories. I barely lift a finger. haha

AND, I am not even truly sure my start weight was right LOL According to the doctors office 2 weeks ago I weighed in at 194, clothed. But I dont trust their scale, I use my digital one at home, theirs is really old and I am always clothed LOL And my scale is always about 10 lbs lighter. Heck at least it makes me feel better So my guess is around 185 based on my last home weigh in not to long ago. One thing I do know for sure is I havent seen under 180 since I found out I gained this weight (no scale while we moved) So if it dips to 179, I will know its working, maybe I am crazy but thats what I am doing lol.

Thats funny my original goal was 145 and I went down instead of up. In all honesty if I go down to 135 my mother will probably institutionalize me if I go and visit her. She freaks out when I drop to 155. Luckily we live in another state (not saying I dont love my mother LOL) so those mind games dont have as much effect on me. And in all honesty I would be totally happy at 145. But heck I am motivated so I decided to make the goal for me not my mother. LOL
--Sumi
Old 02-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I used it for about 3 weeks. really liked the result...but...alas...got so bored with it. Also the background music really annoyed me. My biggest problem with exercise videos is finding one that keeps me entertained and motivated. If you dont' think you would have this problem, i thought it was a great work out...just boring.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #25  

Sumni- I have trouble reaching my goal of 1200 a day too. My average for last month was like 810. So this month I am making it a priorty to hit 1100 everyday. I want to stay inbetween 1100 and 1500. It's hard when I am not hungry but I know that I have to eat.

I know what you mean about Doctors scale. I think they are off, because I know that my clothes don't weigh like a extra 10 lbs. That's why I don't follow their scale. I just go by mine.

I hate it when people play mind games. I am lucky that my mom don't do that. She is just glad to see that I am trying to do something about my weight. Weight has been a problem on that side of the family.

Mary
Old 02-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #26  
Skinny Chick in Training

Hi!
Old 02-03-2007, 04:40 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBee View Post
Mini-me: I saw that you talked about downloading music that was 128bpm. I am fairly new to downloading music - how do you identify the songs that are 128bpm? I would love to be able to do that because although I love th Slim in 6 workouts, the music is enough to put me to sleep! Thanks for any help you can give me....
I buy it at 128

At iTunes, there are albums by POWER MUSIC that have music at 128. Or if you already own CD's you can download the Mix Meister software (for free) and change the BPM of your own music (<- that's the easiet and cheapest way).
Old 02-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #28  

Ok so I have been slacking I have done the SI6 since Thursday, been way too busy with life. Yesterday I screwed up my diet too. So today I will get back on track with everything!!
Old 02-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #29  

Default Music...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
I buy it at 128

At iTunes, there are albums by POWER MUSIC that have music at 128. Or if you already own CD's you can download the Mix Meister software (for free) and change the BPM of your own music (<- that's the easiet and cheapest way).
Thank you so much! I found a 30-day trial of the Mix Meister software and converted 2 of my Shape CD's (that were both 135 bpm's) and a couple of my own CD's. I just got done with Burn it Up to my new music and I loved it! Do you happen to know if there's anywhere to download the full version of MixMeister that doesn't cost $50? Either way, I'm happy with what I have now - thanks again for the reply!!!
KellyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:51 AM   #30  
Skinny Chick in Training

Hi I started power 90 finally today is day 3. My internet wasnt working for a while but now it is and I am back LOL

I took before pics (UGH) and posted them on my spreadsheet that I use to keep track of my weight and food and exercise. As a daily reminder. I know I shouldnt get my hopes up like with everything else since I am always disapointed but I am feeling so much better that ever before and am confident I am going to do this!

-Sumi