Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Default small nsv

I had mentioned previously that it's really hard for me to throw out food. Well, I managed to throw out the remainder of my bags of potato chips and doritos this week! There was less than half of the contents left in each bag, but plenty enough. I figure I put at LEAST 800 calories in the trash instead of my belly. Maybe I'll remember that when I'm tempted to buy more junk this weekend.

Also, yesterday was my first grocery delivery. It was so exciting. I live in an apartment and didn't even need to go to the lobby to get my stuff. The employee will go right up to your door and bring your grocery bags in where you tell them to; so cool. So now I've got soups, salad, and other healthy stuff, and no potato chips.

I've still been gaining weight, but I'm sticking with my workout regimen and gradually get my eating back under control. Anyway, just wanted to share.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #2  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

yay! good for you! what a great idea, you've inspired me, i'm going to dump out the rest of the egg nog in my fridge (a quart at least!) when i get home...
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm never afraid to throw out food. Over Thanksgiving, it was my Mom that wouldn't let me......as soon as she left I almost filled a garbage can! Frankly, I can't imagine what I would have done with some of the stuff she made me keep (1/2 c of mincemeat, 1/2 can of jellied cranberry sauce, less than a serving of fish with nothing to go with it). Way to go throwing out the chips!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:37 AM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

That's great! I really struggle with throwing out food. I just this year threw out some guava jam that I made two years ago that scorched (actually destroyed the pan I made it in). Completely inedible and I still kept it in the cupboard for two years. So throwing out stuff that tastes good is a real challenge.

I also just want to say that I've read a lot of your posts and you've been a real inspiration to me. I'm sorry you're struggling now but I'm sure you'll get things under control.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

I remember you said you didn't have transportation and you could only buy food at a nearby convenience store, which usually doesn't carry anything fresh or healthy. Now that you found that grocery delivery service, it sounds like you will definitely get right back on track. I mean, when you're walking into a convenience store loaded with junk and trigger foods and nothing else, and mind you, you're bleeping starving, of course you're bound to get this stuff.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/144/135

Height: 5'4"

WTG, that must have been so hard to do!!!

Now, if I only have thrown out the tin of cookies that someone left on my doorstep...
NeedMotivation7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Throwing out food or leaving food on the plate is something that me a lont time to be able to do. On Sunday we had a Christmas party at our home, everyone brought a dish. After they all left one lady had left a large piec of pretzel salad, I love it, but when dh was helping me clean up he ask was I saving it and I said no, I dumped it in the sink. Was not easy to do but I knew if I hadn't I would have ate it all.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote