Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:27 AM   #16  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Isn't it QUIET in here?

I'm back on the ball! I've been sick, and yesterday I was back but ate like a since there were mince pies on the Christmas buffet Then I decided to take some leftovers home BAD. MOVE. My leftovers turned into a bit of an eating frenzy... cereal and choccies. I have these choccies that have a winter spice mix in them and they taste quite boozy to me. I still eat them even though I don't like them that much So tonight I'm going to throw them out. I've also been given a 5lb box of choccies I've eaten 3, and I'm going to hand them round the kiddies at kickboxing tomorrow. So with those two choccie temptations out of the way and the fridge and freezer full of healthy veg, and me back at the gym tonight, I think I should be back on track for a while!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:49 AM   #17  
Sweet n' Sassy

Default Friday!

Finally, it's Friday.

Well, my eating this week has been good and under control despite the family visiting and going out and baking, etc. I have been having a glass of wine every night, but that's not too shabby - it is the holidays! I've made it to the gym only twice this week, although I'm planning on going today as well.

We're going out for sushi tonight - and with all that rice and salty soy, I know it's going to be a "splurge meal." Plus, it doesn't help that my favorite rolls are the fried ones, hee. Tomorrow we're planning on hitting the movies, so that means popcorn and m&m's - I won't even try to fight it ...but I'm sure you guys know my theory by now...splurge on the weekend, healthy during the week. Thank goodness the week is 4/5 days and the weekend only 2/3

See you gals on Monday!
LwyrChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

I have decided to give up my goal....not entirely, though! I am going to maintain through the rest of this month and get back on track in January. I'll consider it a victory if I don't gain anything in the next 3 weeks. There is just too much going on--parties, house guests, holiday celebrations--to try and lose this weight. If I maintain for 3 weeks and really get on the ball in January, I know I'll be able to lose these 5 pounds that month. That doesn't mean, however, that I'm giving up....I'm still going to count my calories and start my exercising on Monday morning.

I made it through DD's baking last night. She was going to make cookies and a cake to take to school for her friends and for a party. Instead, she decided to make 2 cakes. That meant nothing for me to munch on!!!! I still plan on making cookies this weekend after I get all the presents wrapped. I have so much to do to get ready for the holiday and I still don't have ANY decorations up (including no tree). I tried to put lights on my palm tree as a sort of California Christmas tree, but it looked stupid and I took the lights off. I might stop at the tree lot and pick up a short tree just so I don't look too much like Scrooge!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:20 PM   #19  

NO! NO! NO! DD brought home almost a whole cake!!!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #20  

Default Question

Hello! I'm new to this group and was wondering what you ladies are doing as far as diet/lifestyle goes to lose weight? Do you all count calories??
IDGRL2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:55 PM   #21  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Hi IDGRL2005 and

There are a lot of different styles here. Some of us count calories and some don't. In general, we try to eat healthy food in reasonable portions and exercise, but we're all over the map with the details. However you choose to do it, you can always come here and share what's going on.
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:10 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDGRL2005 View Post
Hello! I'm new to this group and was wondering what you ladies are doing as far as diet/lifestyle goes to lose weight? Do you all count calories??
I consider myself a calorie counter. I also like to say I enjoy whole foods. I try to eat very very little in the way of processed foods. I also try to stay low fat.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:41 PM   #23  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

I've really gone overboard these last couple of days after finishing classes, and the scale showed it this morning. I'm not going to adjust my ticker, 'cause I'm back on the wagon now. I WILL make my target this month, even with Christmas. That means I really have to watch what I eat in the evening. No food after 8 PM. Period.
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote