Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

She's magic that Jenfrus!

Was it Carey who was under calories? I agree with Becky ... one day won't hurt. Heaven knows there are enough days we go over! Can you tell us what your percentages were? We'll come up with some good bedtime snacks for ya.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Heaven knows there are enough days we go over!
Amen to that! Notice I had to move my ticker up rather than down? Thats because of the number of days I did go over!!! But I'm back to recording everything in Fitday--that really does keep me accountable!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #18  

Accountables are us! Good job on digging in your heels!
Old 12-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #19  

I had to dig in my heels. Someone on the other end of the rope keeps pulling and I'm not gonna let them pull any more (otherwise I might end up in that big mud puddle!).
Old 12-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Was it Carey who was under calories? I agree with Becky ... one day won't hurt. Heaven knows there are enough days we go over! Can you tell us what your percentages were? We'll come up with some good bedtime snacks for ya.
Oooh, I would really appreciate the help with ideas for those, because I'm so not used to having room for them...I find this both exciting and strange. I posted my Fitday (I think!!) so you can see exactly what my percentages are, and as you can see from yesterday...I used the free room for a carton of chocolate milk and a sizable piece of banana bread. Not the healthiest, but at 11pm at night, after studying for hours, it was definitely welcome

As always, thanks for the help

And if the link on the side for my FitDay isn't working (it isn't working for me and I can't understand why...grrr computers are frustrating..) here is the link:
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...sweet%5Ftalker
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #21  

I'm back from my dinner (and the after party) it was fun. No alcohol for me and only reasonable portions of dinner and three reasonable portions of dessert!

Carey ... how about a protein like that chicken and some crunchie vegetables? Cottage cheese and fruit?
Old 12-06-2006, 01:31 AM   #22  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Three reasonable portions of dessert. Susan, I want to know what planet you come from and where I can sign up.

I took one of my three finals today and I treated myself to a club sandwich as a reward. It was decadent. Oh, what is it about bacon?
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:50 AM   #23  

SusanB, your willpower is astounding...if desserts are there...mine would not be reasonable!! And good job on finishing an exam today, Becky...they are exhaustingggg...

I can definitely manage the fruit or veggies (easy to take back to my room to store in the SMALLEST fridge you can purchase), but after 7pm the regular cafeteria closes (where I get the cc or chicken) and the only stuff available are drinks (non-alcoholic, of course), pizza, chicken fingers w/breast meat, burgers, fries...that sort of thing. It's a bit of a dilemma.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:35 AM   #24  

I should have made this after the desserts remark. But that is much better than I used to be.

The gals I work with kinda poke at me for being a health food nut. Whether or not they actually watch what I put on my plate ... I think they might. So I took the teeny tiny plate that had one portion of some creamy thing on it and set a chocolate and a mini cheese cake on the side.

I did find my eyes wandering to see if they'd put the desserts away yet

Carey? can you just buy cc and tuna and string cheese and tuck them in the worlds smallest fridge? Do you have a grocery budget or just cafeteria coupons?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:47 AM   #25  

SusanB, Recently, my DD and I were at a Mother/Daughter tea. The small tea sandwiches were just wonderful and then they had two larger ones that they could have left off--too big to be considered a tea sandwhich. Anyway, that and the tea were great. Then they brought the desserts (mind you, this was all served--no buffet). Each plate had 5 desserts!!! Every plate had a different combination--and all were full sized portions. I was still full from the sandwiches (but I did eat most of the desserts!). Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is now and then, having some dessert isn't such a horrible thing. I rarely eat dessert at home--maybe once every two months, so if I splurge now and then when I'm out, I don't beat myself up about it.

Carey, maybe you should have gotten the 2nd smallest fridge in the world--then you could keep a few more healthy things in it!! Maybe petition the cafeteria to have a few healthier items available after hours....

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:56 AM   #26  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

5 full sized desserts OMG!!!! I get told off if I ponder having dessert... Let alone 5!!!!

I've got blisters coming up on my palms from pull-ups. I wore my gloves and everything. bah!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #27  

I'm the same with desserts. It's been years since I bothered and nobody cares. All I have at home now is DH and DS-24 ... they're big boys. If they want cookies they know where the grocery store is. Actually DS made cookies last week.
Once in a blue moon we go out for ice cream.

I love love love calorie counting (I may have mentioned that) you can eat whatever you want as long as you're willing to take your lumps.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 155/149/132

Height: 5'2"

Talking What a great week

I am back on track. I have a new job and a new gym. I hopped on that eliptical this morning for a hard 30 minutes. I sweated and felt great. I still need the motivational help to get into weights, but one step at a time.

The people at the new job do not eat well....more chocolate sitting on the table and more wine after work, but I am starting to conquer that too. I brought in the healthy snack this morning. My new gym partner does not believe that I will eat raw almonds over chocolate Tim Tams brought in from Austrailla. That sounds like a challenge for me this week!

Water intake is good again. I am traveling with my Camelbak water bottle. I swear with that thing I drink a minumum of 9 glass/day.

I am sure part of my great attitude this week is that I haven't been on the scales since before Thanksgiving. I am in denial about what might have been gained!!! I hope it is a good week for all!!
BetsyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:19 PM   #29  

Jen & Susan, let me explain the 5 desserts...1 lemon bar (about 5X8 cm), one brownie triangle (about 10X10 cm cut on a diagonal), one drop cookie with a huge chocolate chip in the middle (do they call those thumbprint cookies?)--I didn't eat that one!!!, one shortbread (about 5x5 cm) and one hard chocolate covered mousse cake (about 4 cm round and about 10 cm tall). Sometimes these things look nicer than they taste. I loved the brownie and the lemon bar. The mousse was interesting, but I could have skipped that one. I love shortbread, so that was great. I just didn't get turned on by the thumbprint cookie, so I stole a couple of bites from DD's plate! One was some raspberry chocolate thing and the other was a white chocolate thing. Again, two pretty desserts that were prettier than they were tasty!

PS, are you proud of me for using the metric system??? I had to get a ruler out to do it! LOL
Old 12-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #30  

Allison, it's a nice thought...the second smallest fridge in the world, but they have size restrictions so that you don't use all their power stowing bushels of cc or what have you.

When I get back from my visit home I'll buy some cc, but as far as tuna...I don't eat fish...I just can't stand the stuff, no offense or anything. I've learned to love a lot of stuff for the health benefits of it, but fish are just going to have to put up with me not liking them.

Good willpower, Betsy! When people offer me stuff, I have a hard time refusing!

And dontcha just hate when things look better than they taste?! What a disappointment, blowing calories on stuff that isn't that good, because even if it doesn't taste *that* good, I'm still going to eat it, obviously...Hmmmm ...Maybe that should be a goal for me. Stop eating things that are supposed to be decadent but are really actually not Seems pretty simple, but I think I'll have to work on that.