Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:49 PM   #16  

Oh! AND, instead of eating when I'm bored in my tiny dorm room, I'll check this forum.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:34 PM   #17  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

NeedMotivation7 and sweet_talker!
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 135/130/120

Height: 5'3"

Ahhh! I've been eating TOO many carbs the last few days. esp. white rice. I need to get this out of control esp. since tommorow is Thanksgiving. lol. Hopefully I can get some type of cardio in today. its just that its SO cold. it's 44 degrees. BRRRR. lol.

My plan for today:
Breakfast: 1 packet of Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, 1 hard boiled egg, & Strawberries
Snack: Activia yogurt
Lunch: Grapes, Chewy granola bar, smoothie w/ OJ & apples
Snack: ??
Dinner: whatever my mom makes.
superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:14 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Morning everyone! Welcome new folks!

I'm taking my 13 y o neice out for supper tonight. It's her half-birthday! I'm letting her pick the place so we'll see. I might have to just be mindful and take my lumps

Upper body for me today. I actually very very much enjoyed my walk/jog yesterday and am looking forward to today's too. I think it dropped below freezing last night so I'll let the sun do it's work for a bit and maybe go out closer to noon.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:16 AM   #20  

Im still here, finally moved my ticker down to 144 because it seemds like a sustained wt loss. Thats a total of 9 pounds since I started posting here.
My only goal for tomorrow is to allow myself to try everything but not to stuff myself till i want to puke. Just small normal portions of everything. Wish me luck. I think after the holiday I want to try some raw fooding it detox. I have been raw in the past and its a very healthy way to go. Still need to start the treadmil. Have a very safe holiday everyone and remember to buckle up! Dee
healthywtloss4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:30 AM   #21  

Dee ... you've lost 9 pounds without getting on the treadmill yet? You may be my new hero!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:31 PM   #22  

Yes, that sounds good in print but really 9 pounds of mostly water weight. Also, like I said in the past, Im not kidding when I said that I have cut out literally hundreds of calories daily from not drinking. ( alcohol) . Also, I know my body and once I get at 140 Boom! thats it, not a pound more till I get up and exersize. Thats were you come in, gonna need your motivation vibes to sink thru this computer screen big time.

On a happier note, just come back from the mall. I now have all my Xmass shopping done. Lord that mall was PACKED! Anyone else start their holiday shopping yet?

Dee
healthywtloss4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:02 PM   #23  
Ilene the Bean

I started some shopping too, I went to Ottawa yesterday and I bought a few things... My best GF and I do this every year and we always have a great day...

Things have been good this week food and exercise wise, although I didn't workout today, but tomorrow I am for sure!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:11 PM   #24  

It's all about looking good on paper and in jeans
We'll get you exercising. Wait'll you see Ilene and her seargent major blow horn thing!

Dinner with my neice was fantastic! Kids can be awesome company.
And I can still pull out the calorie deficit thing if I exercise some more and skip an evening snack
Old 11-22-2006, 08:16 PM   #25  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, Ilene's been trying to work on me and I haven't budged! I DO NOT exercise. Period.

But I know if I were to stop drinking beer and wine, the weight would fall off of me. Actually I only want to see 139 and am nearly there, but maintaining it for life is my challenge.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:53 PM   #26  
Ilene the Bean

Kat and Healthy!!! GET YOUR FREAKIN' EXERCISE IN it'll make it slightly easier to maintain weightloss but it's also good for everything else, heart, bones, yadda, yadda, yadda, ... and it honestly can be FUN ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:42 PM   #27  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Ditto to that. There comes a point where diet doesn't do it anymore--you've got to get up and move.

I've spent the last 2 hours grocery shopping for members of my family. My mother needed pecans, my sister needed sweet potatoes, my sister-in-law needed carrots, etc. etc. The stores are PACKED! I was the only one finished with my cooking for tomorrow and dumb enough to say I'd go. I think I've already burned off half a turkey.
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #28  

You aren't kidding the stores are packed! I don't remember this from years past; maybe I didn't shop this late. We aren't eating our Thanksgiving meal until 7 p.m. tomorrow so I purposely put off most of the shopping. I was SHOCKED at the crowd, even at my little Neighborhood Market.

And since I'm off work tomorrow, and I don't really need to start cooking yet, I have been straightening and organizing the pantry, fridge and freezer. It'll be a great feeling when I'm done because I hate clutter, but for some crazy reason I continue to create it.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:06 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 164/164/140

oh my. you guys try working at a gorcery store when it's Thanksgiving. My brother and I work at Publix and fortunately since we ARE having 50 people over in.. uh... 10 hours, i got off but that poor kid had to work through the mess. and it's cold and rainy.

another thing. UGH. i'm so jealous of you guys. my problem is the opposite while you have your food under control, i'll exercise, and that's not enough. since my very sudden 15 pound weight gain, my body is not as in shape as it used to be. i find it harder to breathe. a walk up the stairs winds me. & if i didn't have to walk up them a million times a day, I think i'd die trying to attempt to climb some. i love to eat. this is an issue. and i won't weigh myself. probably not til uh. sunday.

i have my period the worst time of the month. HOLIDAY TIME. boo boo boo.

motivation please! eating help! (this won't apply until friday unfortunately.) this is MY holiday

on a happier note. today is my favorite day of the year. one of maybe 2 times a year i have all of my family together. it's a ball.
Elynlovesyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:37 AM   #30  

Good Morning! Happy Thanksgiving to our American Feathers!

I'm off to ward clerk this morning.I feel a bit like a fraud nurse these days. I keep getting called to do these other odd shifts. But it's fun ... and I get paid.

There is a skiff of snow on the ground. I'm glad I don't have to be at work quite as early. By about 7 there will be more light and probably the highway will have been well travelled.

I'm not sure what I'm going to pack in my lunch today. But I'll have to think of something. I've got no cash for the cafeteria!

I'm really enjoying this quiet this morning. I think I'll have more coffee.