Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:37 PM   #16  
Ilene the Bean

I'm doing good today ... Foodwise it's low on the calories, but after this weekend, it's probably a good thing... This morning I worked on shoulders and did some treadmill HIIT...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:38 PM   #17  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Ilene? You can do 3 days in a row??? You're my hero
You crack me up
Old 10-24-2006, 11:57 PM   #18  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Speedbump's going good here. Did weights and abs in the morning and had a humongous salad for lunch. I drank enough water to float a battleship. My software says I still have 515 calories to spend, so I'm going to have a little wine before bed. Hope I don't regret that in the morning.
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:31 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I wonder if the wine I had before bed is why I'm up posting at 2:30 in the morning!

I have to really work on my water. I'd be surprised to find I had more than a litre. I bought a nice new green tea.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:15 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Well, I started my ToM this morning, and just like some ladies on here were saying would happen - WHAM! I am down by over a pound, just like that. (Even after my before-bed wine last night!) So I'm feeling good, and hoping it's a real loss, not just some fluke thing that will have me up again by tomorrow.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:41 AM   #21  

My summary for yesterday is kinda ... not bad I guess. I had around 1400 cals but only 34% protein and my carbs were up at 44%.

I'm not happy with my minutes used for intentional exercise. I felt busier than that. I guess it's because I was away in the morning. The good news is I can do better than that!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:04 AM   #22  
Think thin

Sigh. Maybe the wine wasn't such a good idea. I'm up .4 pound, even tho' calories yesterday were low. Seems that when I drink anything before bed it makes my weight go up all out of proportion to calories.

Today's cardio day. I'm going to slip in a low-impact step workout and hope it doesn't get me crossways with my knee.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:30 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Well, I had a glass of wine last night with my pizza dinner (gasp!) and actually dropped a half pound. Perhaps I'm over the speed bump?

MIL said that last week when she came for dinner (and we had wine) she dropped a pound by the next morning. We had dinner again this Sunday and had wine and she was saying that if she had dropped another pound she'd be drinking wine everyday! LOL. She hasn't reported back whether or not she gained or lost, so I don't know the score on that one!

Anyway, I'm pleased! I started out today with a good, healthy breakfast and have only healthy food and snacks to get me through the work day. Dinner will be a big salad, so I feel like I can at least maintain this half pound drop!

Have a great day everyone!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:48 PM   #24  

I'm hungry gals! Just plain vaccuum cleaner type hungry. Today would be day four if I could keep it all together. I have done awesome legs today but not enough to justify nachos and cheese, I don't think.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:19 PM   #25  

Ha! I walk/jogged the long way around to the variety store and bought tostitos. When I got home ... my cheesy stuff had mold on it. Godsmack!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:56 PM   #26  
Think thin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Ha! I walk/jogged the long way around to the variety store and bought tostitos. When I got home ... my cheesy stuff had mold on it. Godsmack!
That's a sign from the heavens. LAY OFF THE CRAP!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:06 PM   #27  
Think thin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Well, I had a glass of wine last night with my pizza dinner (gasp!) and actually dropped a half pound. Perhaps I'm over the speed bump?

MIL said that last week when she came for dinner (and we had wine) she dropped a pound by the next morning. We had dinner again this Sunday and had wine and she was saying that if she had dropped another pound she'd be drinking wine everyday!
That's interesting. Wonder why I come up heavier? Maybe it's some sort of trigger food for me. Definitely not fair, though! Good for you on the weight loss.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:16 PM   #28  
Ilene the Bean

I didn't eat crap today but I ate wayyyy too many calories... I will never get to goal at this rate ...

Susan I'm glad your cheese stuff had mold on it
Old 10-26-2006, 07:00 AM   #29  

OK calmly now ... I'm almost certain that Tom Venuto says to calorie cycle 3 days low and one higher (maybe not as high as I was yesterday, over 2000 cals!)
My average for the last seven days is still only 1760. That's three good days and four bad. Calmly, calmly ... I'm gonna say that's not too bad.
Mel starts a few of her posts with "Take a deep breathe ...."

Here's my 'thing I did wrong about all this' ... the salt on the tostitos is the kiss of death for me. So why did I step on the scale this morning? I've been at this a long time. I knew what was coming. I didn't have to check.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:01 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 155/149/132

OK. I know I am new, but I have read this entire thread and do not understand what "speedbump" is exactly. Please educate a newbie.
BetsyZ is offline   Reply With Quote