Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default The Great Featherweight Weekly Challenge - Oct 16th - 22nd

I'm starting this weeks thread because I'm PUMPED! I lost a little last week and today the lad found my weights! All of them ... barbell, dumbells, ball ...
I'm off to the races. In fact I'm going for my third walk of the day because I need cat food. Poor Mr Maxwell had to have tuna for his breakfast.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:18 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I didn't lose but I didn't gain last week either and I had a banquet supper on Friday night and a breakfast brunch on Saturday morning ... This week WILL be better...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm quite excited. The inlaws came for dinner last night and I baked halibut and had on the side orzo with tomatos and spinach (oh, so yummy) and also steamed broccoli and cauliflower. I had 2 glasses of wine and really a lot more halibut than I should have, but my weight stuck at 139 for the third day in a row!!!! I hope to lose 1 pound this week.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:56 PM   #4  

That dinner sounds wonderful. I sometimes bake fish in foil--spray the foil with nonstick spray, put in the fillet, top w/a lemon slice and some salt and pepper. Crimp the foil shut, cook until the fish flakes easily.

My goal: I need to set a specific fitness goal for myself. I am exercising regularly but need to think about a motivation--it will probably be to increase aerobic endurance.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #5  

Buoyed by my teeny loss ... I went hunting for a couple of other things. Fat calipers and Hussmans site. My BF% is 24.5 ... I don't like that!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Morning Featherweights!

I decided to increase my exercise a bit, since I was sort of lazy over the weekend. So last nite and this morning I exercised to an aerobic video. I am now going to the gym.

Elanajel, thanks for the fish recipe. I'll have to try it, although I'm not wild about fish. But that recipe sounds easy and yummy.

Hope you all have a great day.
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:09 AM   #7  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Dena, what video do you use? I've been doing a lot of Cathe Friedrichs for the past year or so. I used to do her step DVDs, but they're a little intense for my knee right now so I'm doing her ab DVD 3x per week. I like to know what other people use, so when I get ready to change I'll have some ideas.

Elana, I love fish and I'm going to try your recipe. What oven temp do you cook the fish and for how long?
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Jazzbird, I'm embarrassed to say, I use Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies. Its easy and fun and I actually lose weight when I do it. (I have more intense DVDs, but they seem to be collecting dust on the shelves.) Of course, I also work out at Ladies Workout Express and do Tai Chi. I think lots of movement is the key for me. But I have to have fun doing it.

Doing this weekly goal challenge is also very important for me. It helps motivate me and keeps my eating habits under control. So, thanks, Featherweights, for coming up with this great idea!

Have a great day, everyone!
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:00 PM   #9  

Well, I have nose buried in Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle again. And this quote is haunting me ....It's amazing what can happen to your body when you put nutrition, cardio and weight training all together at once. The results are "synergistic". "Synergy" means the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Synergy means that 1+1+1 may not equal 3, it may equal 30 or 300. In other words, by using this combination correctly, you can increase your results exponentially!
Old 10-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #10  
Think thin

Hey Dena, don't apologize for exercising! I think it's great you've got something you like. I've been through a lot of phases in my workout career. A couple of years ago, I got rid of a lot of my old workout videos and started over with DVDs. Sometimes I wish I still had the tapes. I had a lot of fun with them. Burned a lot of fat, too.

Susan, I haven't read Tom Venuto but that is an interesting quote. I've always known weights were important, but somehow I always felt like weight days were just a placeholder between the fun aerobic days. Lately, I'm really starting to feel how the weight workouts are making my aerobic days more effective, and vice versa. I could improve my diet, though. I'm doing OK calorie-wise, but I think I could clean things up some. Is Venuto's book in the bookstores?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:52 PM   #11  

Hey Jazzbird ... it's an ebook. How come I can't pm you?
Old 10-18-2006, 09:42 PM   #12  
Think thin

I didn't have pm enabled. I do now.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:51 AM   #13  

O gals I had to hunt to find our thread! The weekends are pretty quiet here, huh?

I'm taking a page out of BFLcat's book and getting some foods ready for this week. I made a batch of Ilene's pancakes and have my soy cheese cut into servings. I have some other stuff to get ready and I hope it'll help in the battle of the evening binge.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #14  
Think thin

TADA! Lost another pound! It was really closer to a pound and a half on the scale this morning, but I will stick to my rounding convention and change my ticker by one pound. What's even better is the scale shows I've dropped two percent body fat. It's gonna be a great day!
Old 10-22-2006, 07:37 PM   #15  

Bye bye Becky fat! Good work Jazzbird!

What'll we tune in on next week?