Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-11-2006, 04:13 AM   #46  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Susan - with all the downsizing and the lots of work, you will have plenty of money to spend on CLOTHES and DIAMONDS

WiW - I agree with Jazz, you're all bones gal

Just a few days till my half marathon must chill out and drink lots!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:12 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

Good luck on your half marathon, 2Frus. I have a 5k this Saturday near my mom's house, so we are adding family time in there.

Susan, I would be totally upset too. It seems they want you to work extra for them, but don't treat you fair regarding the other benefits of FT employment. Maybe speak up? Sometimes the noisy wheel does get the oil, or it just falls off

WiW, I kinda like your bones girlfriend.

Allison, My dh and I will be celebrating our 19th anniv in about a month. We dated 5yrs prior, so he's been with me a lifetime! My siblings treat him like a brother, so I could never divorce him - I would get excommunicated.

My official weigh in looked good today, actually surprised the cr@p out of me! Looks like I've lost a couple of pounds that I've been battling with for so long. My weigh in was at 119.75, but I'm not ready to move my ticker. The last time I moved it to 121 (6-7 weeks ago), I ended up fluctuating between the 121 and going up as high as 125. So I think I will give it one more week to see if this new weight sticks. It's true: if you keep doing what's right, eventually your body will congratulate you.
softballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Susan, I understand your frustration! I think it happens to a lot of us. My DH and I talk all the time about "back when we were poor." I remember going to work and being asked to buck up for a gift for the boss and my wallet contained less than the requested $1...Living paycheck to paycheck....charging groceries because we had to eat....making only the minimum pmt on the credit card bills--several months in a row....It's all changed now--none of that is true today. But if I want a vacation with DH? Out of the question. We own our own business and going out of town for more than a long weekend is next to impossible. We're going to have to find a remedy for this. I'd like to go on a vacation before we have to start paying for college tuition for DD (and eventually DS). In fact, I'd like to take the whole family on either a cruise or a week or so at an all-inclusive resort in Mexico. Doesn't that sound like a fine way to spend Christmas break?

All you runners--GO! As in way to go!! I can't run to save my butt!! (Bad knees from a youth full of downhill skiing.) I do walk, though, and love getting out to do that.

Have a great day everyone!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:38 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I stayed out shopping this morning until it was too late. They found someone to work tomorrow and Friday. Tee Hee!
Diamonds? Clothes I can go for!
I am formulating a letter to my manager type lady. She really needs to rethink how we're staffed.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #50  
Ilene the Bean

Susan, I also am on-call of sorts and when I don't want to work, I don't answer the phone, I let the machine take it... Then when I do call back, MUCH MUCH later, it's too late to work ... Don't tell my secret to a soul ...

Today food and exercise has been good... I was down 4 of the 6 lbs of hopefully water that I gain on the weekend... I'll see for sure tomorrow ... I have no intention of screwing up my food today...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:16 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi all, I'm feeling bloated today, guess it's TOM soon. I checked the scale today, not impressed but it could be water weight
I'm bored today too, just really bored, and tired, oh so tired.
K thats enough......
Have a great evening all!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:03 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

WiW - stay out of the kitchen then. When I'm tired or bored I find myself rambling around the cupboards and fridge. Better just to STAY OUT!! (Esp with TOM raging your hormones) Go take a brisk walk, or find a good book, or a nice bubble bath with soft music and candles. Oops, I just realized you were having these symptoms last night. Well, just in case it lingers in to today
softballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:11 AM   #53  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I chew chewing gum when I'm feeling peckish - it's not the same but it gives me something to do with my mouth.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #54  

So last night I had a hard boiled egg white and a tiny juice glass of diet gingerale. The Diet gingerale was a nono but I just wanted something cold and bubbely, with my sore throat I tend to crave the gingerale.
Nothing interesting going on here today, just some laundry and cleaning because I don't think I'm going to want to be bothered over the weekend.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:17 AM   #55  

Morning Featherweights!
I'm off to work this morning with my goodie bag all packed. I'm pretty sure the scale moved just a little this week. Another couple of pounds would make me feel more like a feather
Any plans for the weekend? My baby is 20 tomorrow! I had to get his laptop fixed. Happy birthday, college boy
Old 10-14-2006, 04:10 PM   #56  

Happy Birthday SusanB's boy!!
Well, I'm glad to say I'm doing really well after my surgery! I'm down 3 teeth but I'm feeling good!No swelling either! The only thing that sucks is that I'm so hungry and I really want some rice but I think it will get stuck in the holes! LOL! Silly silly me!
I'm sure the scale went down some but weigh in day is not till Monday so I'll have to wait and see!
Have a good day all!
Old 10-15-2006, 09:47 AM   #57  

Argh! I feel like such a goof today! I wasn't buying diamonds or clothing ... I want a freezer. So off we went to Home Depot armed with a printout that says my new card is in the mail. We went through the whole process of choosing my new freezer, arranging delivery and so on ... I went to special purchases with all my papers and my drivers licence for picture ID ... my expired drivers licence!
So ... no new freezer. Guess what I'm doing first thing Monday morning?
Old 10-15-2006, 04:25 PM   #58  

oh SusanB that sucks! LOL! Yep, better get that licence renewed!
Weigh in tomorrow, I'll fill you all in then!
Old 10-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #59  
Ilene the Bean

Susan -- Silly girl, you'Ve been so busy moving that you forgot to revew your licence poor thang!!

Things are ok here, I didn't feel very ambitious today although I did get out for a run and I am eating clean...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:11 AM   #60  

Hi! Just popping in real quick as it's past my bed time already! Though I'd let you know the results on the FSD I've been doing. I lost 5lbs and 2.5 inches so far! Yahoo!I'm off that plateau! Just have to keep it up now and loose the rest in good time!
Chat tomorrow after school!