Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 06:20 AM   #61  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5`2

Lucky-I`ve been lazy recently too. It must be something in the air and also it`s been raining and dreary. It was rainy and cold while I was in the US and I came back here to the same thing...3 weeks of it now.

Dena-I`ve been in Japan since 1990. I came over to teach ESL and I met my DH after living here for about a year. We dated for 5 years before marriage. It`s an interesting place to live and frustrating at times.

SusanB-you must be happy that the move is over. Are your sons helping you unpack?

Jazzbird-in Japan when you get your haircut people ask you if you`ve broken up with your boyfriend!
Old 09-18-2006, 01:07 AM   #62  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Hi Chiba--That's funny about breaking up with a boyfriend. Do they say that because so many people make big personal changes when they break up? I'm single--no boyfriend on the horizon. Keeping my fingers crossed

I see the Japanese stock market is not trading tonight. Are you enjoying a holiday?
Old 09-18-2006, 02:12 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning gals! I'm finally going to sleep for good tonight. My mother's husband called about supper time to tell me Mom had gone to hospital in an ambulance with chest pain (not a new thing but scarey all the same). They just called to say she was home and fine.
And me the sturdy and practical nurse type ??? have had two peanut butter sandwiches, ice cream and two glasses of wine since he called But I'm feeling much better now

ps ... Queen of C? ... yes, my boys were awesome help! So much nicer to move when they can help. The last time, they were little and under foot!
Old 09-18-2006, 03:52 AM   #64  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hope your Mom's ok Susan

Feeling good - THE DRESS FITS (it's a little snug, but better than I thought )

I ran 9 miles on Saturday, THEN did a kickboxing class!
Old 09-18-2006, 06:40 AM   #65  

2F-you are awesome! I`m glad the dress fits.

SusanB-I hope everything is okay with your Mom.

Jazzbird-You got it right breakups=big changes and today was a holiday. I think they call it Respect for the Aged Day. My cleaning lady was here in the morning, the kids were off school and in the afternoon we went to a department store and bought gifts for PILs because of the holiday. A Victorinox keychain/light/knife for FIL and a vase and flowers for MIL.

I`m going to a restaurant with my friend tomorrow-Alan Wong`s Hawaii. It`s a very belated birthday present-mine`s in April!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:35 AM   #66  
Think thin

lucky - I wish I'd said NO THANK YOU yesterday. I had a wonderful weekend excursion, but the scales showed it this morning. It's a daily battle, isn't it?

SusanB - I really feel for you with your Mom. My mom has lots of health problems, mostly related to her diabetes. We're constantly dealing with it. Last year she had to go to the emergency room & hospital several times. Very scary and another reason for me to keep my weight down.

Wide - hope your back's better!

2f - Woohoo on the dress!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:42 AM   #67  
Ilene the Bean

Queen -- Happy Belated Birthday have fun and be careful with the food choices when you go out ...

SusanB -- Just when you think, ok the kids are good, my healthy is good, DH'S health is good, BAM your parents get sick ... It's like keeping an eye on my kids when they were young ... Oh well, c'est la vie, someday our kids will take care of us and worry about us , DANG I can't wait -- Kidding of course...

Jazzbird -- I had a battle with the food Friday, Saturday then Sunday again , I'm so tired of the merry go round...

2F -- YAY the dress fits!!! I bet you look awesome ...

Lucky --- BACK ....

So far today, so good, but it's only noon ... I got a bosu workout in then later because it's soooo gorgeous out I'm going for a bike ride, maybe 30k or so like I did yesterday...
Old 09-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

2frus--I'm so glad the dress fits, albeit snugly. But, you have a few weeks to "unsnug" it! Keep up with that running and kickboxing and stay away from those chips!!

SusanB--I know what you're going through. I had to fly to my parents in August to help care for my Mom after her 2nd open heart surgery. Not fun to watch our parents age.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:04 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hi Ladies,

Well, I started off with a bang and had 8 great days under my belt, and then my hubby's birthday was on Friday. We went out to eat for both lunch and dinner. I was fantastic at lunch, only eating half a salad, but threw all my calorie counting out the window at dinner. Oh well, it's Monday and a brand new week. I'm up for it. I already went to the gym this morning and plan on doing a workout video later.

Queen of C, Happy Belated Birthday and good luck at the restaurant. What kinds of food are on the menu there? How do you like Japanese food?

2F, glad your dress fits. Keep up the great work!

SusanB, sorry about your mom. I went through such an experience with my mom. Hang in there.

It's time for me to start moving this body. Here's to a great week!
Dena
Old 09-18-2006, 03:17 PM   #70  

Thanks everyone! last I heard Mom was good but tired. I emailed in order to avoid the phone ringing in case she was sleeping and her husband will probably reply later.
It is hard having aging parents. Ours are all between 76 and 83 and mostly pretty healthy. They have issues but doctor well and normally take good care of themselves.
I hada bit of nagging headache from all the worry and lack of sleep but I had a nap and now feel pretty good.
My friend called this morning so I have a walk in. My food (tho sparce) is good. I'm even pretty well through my list of "to do's" for today. Plus I got some lovely manure and straw for my gardens!
More laundry, feeding my family, one little errand and I should be just about right for today. Then I can get at some paint stripping or something fun like that!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:01 AM   #71  

Today`s lunch was pris fix menu so I just had to eat it all! Please don`t read any further if you are going to be tempted. I don`t want to make anyone angry-scroll down for the menu

Amuse- avocado and scallop salad on a wonton
Appetizer-California Roll without the rice and tuna but warm with avocado and lots of red and green caviar.(don`t know what the green caviar came from!-I guess I should have asked)
Main dish- filet mignon topped by wasabi butter and petit veges
Dessert-think the ultimate KitKat-crunch macadamia nut crust with vanilla sauce on the side.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:11 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

I'm happy to report that I'm back in control. I'm trying something new this week, stopping when I'm full. My bad habit is eating everything on my plate. That's fine when I count cals or points and am allowed everything on my plate, but taking responsibility and stopping when satisfied without counting is rather scary. So I'm going to try a new behavior. Wish me luck.

Question: Have any of you lost weight using the stopping when satisfied method? Just needed a little encouragement. Thanks, Featherweights.
Dena
Old 09-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #73  
Ilene the Bean

Dena -- I must say that I don't know when I'm satisfied, so I just count calories, eat what's in my plate, push away from the table and leave the room... DH is often stuck doing the dishes since I've been doing this though, but he doesn't complain

Queen -- is all I can say ...
Old 09-20-2006, 12:42 AM   #74  
Think thin

Dena - I'm not very good at stopping when I'm full. It works for a while, but then I start telling myself that I deserve a treat because "I've been really good," or "I'm really stressed out," or all kinds of other excuses. I have to write it down somewhere or it gets out of control.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:16 AM   #75  

I can't really help Den@ either. I eat until it's gone ... as witnessed by last nights lasagna

What about the intuitive eating threads?
Closed Thread