Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:19 PM   #16  
Ilene the Bean

getncontrol -- You certainly don't have to leave ... We know of what you speak, so stick with us, we're here to help, encourage and motivate...
Old 09-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #17  

Thanks girls...it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one who gets disgusted! I'm sorry that you are also facing some obstacles, but it helps to see that I'm not alone...this stuff IS hard work and anyone who says it isn't is lying!

Wide...sounds like you had the same kind of August that I did. I started the month with renewed enthusiasm, but within a couple of days I was totally unmotivated, lazy, and RAVENOUS...I've been a bottomless pit and I've been uncharacteristically drawn to junk food! I was hoping to celebrate my birthday with a feeling of accomplishment but instead I am approaching the weekend with a sense of failure.

I know that this attitude is totally unproductive but it is how I feel and I need to snap out of it.

I did some grocery shopping this weekend (something I haven't done in a while) and bought some nice fresh veggies to make salads for lunch instead of grabbing something from the deli as I've been doing lately.

I know that this week is going to be a wash (B-day on Friday, Mets game on Saturday, Wedding on Sunday) but maybe I can get a little motivated anyway...

keep up the good work gals...it really is motivational for those of us who need a little boost!
Old 09-05-2006, 02:10 PM   #18  

Gaylyn, don't leave us...you've worked just as hard as the rest of us and we will miss you if you don't stop by and say hello every now and then.

It seems a lot of us had a bad August...now it's time for us to begin fresh with a crisp new season upon us! WE CAN DO IT!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

daisimae - glad you're still hanging with us!

getncontrol - please don't leave; I came over to the Featherweights when I had 20# to go and this final leg of losing is probably the most difficult due to complacency especially. I ditto Ilene's response "we know what you speak...".
Old 09-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #20  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5`2

Hi! I`m back from vacation. I don`t want to look at the numbers on the scale until Sunday-my weigh-in day. I didn`t stick to the WPlan during my trip, but I don`t think I overate so I`m hoping the numbers will be the same.
I hope to be at goal by Halloween.

Congratulataions Ilene and Tig!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #21  
Ilene the Bean

I agree August was a tough month, I gained more weight this year than I did at Christmas time ... So yes I agree lets get crackalakin' and make September count ...

The weather here is cooler and my running group of gals ran for the first time tonight, it felt great to see everyone and the newbies too, there are at least 6 ... It's been a good exercise day I even made it to the gym this morning...
Old 09-06-2006, 12:13 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Well, I'm back from the lake, short trip,eh?
I was so freakin stressed out with my moms comments and a bratty kid in the back seat that I managed to scoff down a whole bag(large)of Sour cream and chedder chips But that's not going to upset the apple cart today!
Tomorrow is going to be awsome, and I'm going to behave and go for a LONGGGGG walk after dinner(about 5KMS), have to try and tucker myself out for school the next morning, you know they start school at 8:30 AM now! That's pure crazy!
Nighty night!
Old 09-06-2006, 04:20 AM   #23  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Just checkin in! I did ok with food yesterday. I think I got a bit hungry later at night, but I did ok.

Kickboxing is annoying me, since I'm having trouble with my sweeps. But meh. Wotcha gonna do!?
Old 09-06-2006, 09:31 AM   #24  
Ilene the Bean

Wide, schools here start between 8am and 8:30, because of busing... they also finish at 2:30pm, what happened to 9 to 4pm like when we were kids...I guess that's too long ago to remember for most ...

Yesterday was a good food and exercise day... Today is looking good too ... So I'm off for a run to the gym ... TTFN
Old 09-06-2006, 10:33 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the support and understanding ladies. I will stick around but I hardly think 173 is a feather weight.

Yesterday was great. 100% on track. Today has started off great also. The big change?? I've started doing my cardio in the morning. That way it's done for the day and I don't have to worry about fitting it in. I get up around 5:45 but it's worth it. I always seem to eat better when I get my exercise done in the morning.

My dd is on the bus by 8 here. School runs from 8:23-3:30.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:37 AM   #26  
aka Superwoman!

Hey!

I'M 173!!!! No knocking the 170s!

I guess I should update my profile then!
Old 09-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #27  

Getncontrol and Frus... don't ever forget that you've worked hard and you are both 50 lbs from where you started! That's 100 lbs between you! That's no small accomplishment...BE PROUD!
Old 09-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

School starts at 8:30 and goes till 4:30 here, and don't forget that it's a 35 year old going to a high school with children half her age!!!!! Ya, starting to freak out some! LOL!
Weighed in at 138.6 lbs today, must have been the chips oh well, back on track!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:48 PM   #29  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5`2

Wide-my kids go 8:10-3pm usually.

I`m laying off the exercise until I recover from the jet lag. I don`t think my body could handle it. I`m just focusing on keeping on point with my food.
Do you exercise if you have jet lag?
Old 09-07-2006, 04:43 AM   #30  
aka Superwoman!

I remember coming back from NY with crazy mad jet lag and had a nap specially so I could go out to my trampolining class! I think that might've been the day I scraped my face off on the bed though... I usually exercise when I feel like it - and because exercise helps you get a good night's sleep I probably WOULD exercise with jet lag. But then I'm a total exercise freak, so

Keeping my calories low at the moment - aiming for good weightloss. Feeling motivated. I'm fitdaying again after a week off - I'm just trying to keep them low, which is easier to do when I can see actual numbers. It's surprising how much you can eat for 1200kcals

I've got a belt test on Saturday, which should hopefully promote some healthy eating behaviour. I'm going to the florist on Saturday afternoon which may or may not be a disaster!

Sunday, me and DF are off to the seaside for a 9 mile run. I'm not sure he'll be able to keep up, but for my sake he either has to decide to do it all, or stop half way and I can come back for him. I'm slightly worried because I didn't get my long run in last week and it could very easily be skived off this week - but if I actually get on the coach wearing my running gear, I'm not going to have an excuse am I? I'm planning my food for Sunday now - I've got a nice little list and I'm packing a picnic. I think if I pack picnic for DF too, then he can't moan too much that we're not in a pub!

Double trouble tonight - must hydrate more!
Closed Thread