Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 03:59 AM   #16  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Me too! Do I have to register for it anywhere or do I just post my loss at the end of the month?

Oh - in other news. I'm and I stocked the fridge last night and I made turkey burgers and stir-fry. I want to go to sleep and it's only 5 to 9. Roll on the weekend!!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #17  

Where can I find the "forum wide weigh in"? That might be fun
Old 08-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

2frus~~Beautiful, beautiful!!!!! What a gorgeous dress!!

I'm not able to be on the computer as much lately because my four nieces are here and they hog it all the time. Acutally it's okay because it keeps them out of my hair. lol I'm holding my own at 158 and am going to try to maintain for the month of August and get back on the losing track in Sept.

Gaylyn
Old 08-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #19  

Here I am, slinking back in...

First of all, 2frus, the dress looks great. You will be a beautiful and buff bride!

Secondly, I have no idea how much I weigh these days as my scale is broken. I would go by the one at the gym...but I haven't been to the gym! I don't think I've gained any weight but I'm feeling a bit pudgy in the middle. A definate result of not having done any ab work for a while. I have been redecorating one of the boys rooms which has meant lots of climing ladders and stairs so my legs have gotten a work out for sure. And by the way it feels, all the reaching and stretching has done something for my upper back, shoulders and arms. Nonethe less, I am finished and it is time to get back to a regular gym routine. Which brings me to my third issue.

I have accepted the job I mentioned way back when. It will only be part-time (8-2) but I will still have to re-think my meal planning and workout schedule. I will really have to kick my workouts into high gear since I will be back at a desk job. In a lot of ways working will make keeping calories in check easier but keeping them clean calories will require a bit more forethought. To be honest, I think this could be just what I need to force myself to buckle down again. For one, I'll be working with people who haven't seen me since I weighed 214 pounds. So, there will be a certain amount of pressure I put on myself to stay in line. More importantly, though, I am forced to plan for the first time in a while. I've been in such a routine for so long that I haven't THOUGHT about my eating and exercise. Which, of course, means both have gradually gone downhill. So, I am off to start planning!

I've only scanned the posts I've missed but it sounds like everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:39 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Gaylyn! Lucky! I've missed you both!
Old 08-03-2006, 07:44 PM   #21  
Ilene the Bean

DaisyMae and everyone interested -- Here is the Forum Wide Weigh-In announcement Good luck
Old 08-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #22  
Ilene the Bean

BACK Lucky !! Nice to see you again... If you were organized before you can be organized again ...
Old 08-04-2006, 04:04 AM   #23  
aka Superwoman!

Hello you skivers Nice to see you back!

I'm really trying to kick my flabby butt for the next 3 months. Something makes me think that planning a wedding and eating clean are slight contradictions! I'm still missing a DJ and am starting to get SLIGHTLY worried about it. Still 3 months to go, so we could actually hire a band of the guy I know at work, so that would be ok. I just hope his singer's still with them
Old 08-04-2006, 09:23 AM   #24  

TGIF!!!! I'm telling ya, this has been one **** of a week and I am glad it's over!

I'm happy to report that I've been "clean" all week. Self loathing seems to be quite a motivator (lol).

I'm heading up to my cabin again this weekend (which has been my downfall for the past month) but this time I am going to shop wisely and I am going to do it alone. I will shop before I drive up and avoid the impulse purchases that I make when I shop with my guests.

I will bring along my fat free chips, light whole grain muffins, light butter & sour cream, some fruit and other good food to have on hand. I've been letting myself indulge in all the "full fat" goodies that my guests like and that is a big mistake! I am not going to give up my (light) beer or the occasional margarita but I can cut out the extra fat and calories I've been spending on the junk food.

I hope you all have a great weekend...if I get a chance I'll pop in to check on ya's.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:28 AM   #25  
aka Superwoman!

Nearly home time. This puppy needs her sleep! I might end up feeling human with a bit of sleep!
Old 08-04-2006, 11:30 AM   #26  

Height: 5'4"

Dreamy new boyfriend has been officially kicked out for the weekend. I have GOT to get to the gym. I'm actually down another half pound even with all the bad eating and lack of exercise, which certainly doesn't help my motivation to get back in gear. I almost wish I was up a little so I could see the evil in my ways more clearly (not really though). I keep telling myself I must be losing muscle

Gorgeous dress 2F...
Old 08-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #27  

They say that kissing (etc.) burns calories, so maybe you've found the secret to success Julia! tee hee
Old 08-05-2006, 12:44 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Morning! Popping in to say I'm still doing well,although I'm retaining water and am bloated which is weird for me right now since I've been eating well.
Have a good day!
Old 08-06-2006, 09:57 PM   #29  

I got to move my ticker today! And this time it wasn't UP! Girls, I think I might have gotten my rhythm back.

I've never really thought of myself as someone who needs a tangible goal. My goal weight and my health seemed to be quite enough. But, I've realized that once I got used to myself at 134 and everyone else did too (the comments stopped as everyone began to accept me as "thin") I began to slowly but surely gain weight. Now, here I am, starting a new job with people I haven't seen since losing weight and I am truely motivated by the idea of impressing them. My in-laws will be here for Thanksgiving and when they saw me last I was at my lowest weight. It would kill me if they should arrive in November to find me 15 pounds heavier (well, only 10 pounds heavier now - yay me!). I've always known that I couldn't lose weight for anyone but myself. But, what do you know? KEEPING it off for them seems to be a real driving force for me! And, hey, I'm not complaining...I've been in desperate need of a driving force for the last few months!

You know what else I've noticed? I feel so much better about myself when I eat right and exercise regularly. Why is that so easy to forget? I LOVE feeling in control. Eating right and being active makes me feel as much in control of the rest of my life - money, kids, schedules, EVERYTHING - as it does of my health and appearance. I may never know exactly what the connection is, but there is ABSOLUTELY a connection there.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:21 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning LUcky!
That last paragraph says sooo much. I feel as if I can keep my food and exercise good then everything else sort of slides neatly into place. But first I have to get past the notion that everything else is evil and interferes with my plans
Closed Thread