Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 11:07 AM   #76  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Hey Ladies,
Well my running frustrations continue. Got some running, some power walking, stretching, strength training and some stairs in. When things are going wrong I just have to be doing something ya know? Some women clean I workout. Weight is still holding steady.

Today I have to take some photos of a theme park for a story on Monday. Should be interesting trying to avoid all the bad for me food. I would say should be easy since I am broke but it is on the papers dime so its tempting.

susan - back down to 159 is great hopefully you will be able to get a workout in even with that lovely grandbaby coming.

tina - good morning. Hey 27 minutes isn't shabby....can you put your treadmill in front of the tv? That used to work for me.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:41 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 185/157/145

Well hello ladies!

Ok, so did I miss the sign up sheet for Angel's peaches??
Susan, you're going to have so much fun with that baby! I am sure she is just kissable in every way! I want grandbabies!!!.....wait...I have to have babies first....

Stephie, don't think about that carnival food! I always end up feeling icky after eating that stuff anyway...And if you think about it, some of it doesn't taste that great anyway.

Tina, how is your foot? Better I hope! Yes, I take a belly dancing class once a week and I try to practice with a tape a few times a week. I really like it! I would suggest it to anyone! It is really good for your abs.

Well, the good thing is that I got rid of the jar of Nutella...only after having the stuff for two more nights! I am just having the hardest time sticking to my diet lately!!! I haven't gained any weight but I'm not loosing either....Although I am really tired of trying. Has anyone else felt like that before w/ their last bit of weight? If so, how do you deal with it? (I know you start by getting rid of the Nutella before you have the chance to eat the whole jar).

Well, back to work for me. I hope you all are having a great day!
Old 07-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #78  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! The weekend has finally arrived! We are not doing much over the weekend. The weather is supposed to be beautiful so some yard work, biking at the trails, and relaxing on the patio are my game plans. Well weighed in at 155.5 this week so I lost half a pound. I have meals planned for the weekend though so no eating out this weekend. I tend to do good through the week and then on the weekend I think it is party time. I need to stop that if I ever want to get into the 140's otherwise all the hard work I do all week is lost in the weekend. This week was good food and exercise wise so I will try to continue on this path. For me today will be weights and the treadmill or as I have heard it called the dreadmill! I guess that is not the right attitude though to get me through a workout. I wish I could get the fire back I used to have about exercise. I was a fanatic. I would never skip days and always worked out the hardest I could. I think I just need to get back to regular workouts and the rest will fall into place.

Susan I hope you have a great weekend with you grandbaby!

Angel I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Steph hopefully your foot is feeling better for you! Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Hillflipper I feel you on getting tired of this journey. I feel that losing the last of this weight is harder for me than the 53 pounds lost already. I just try and tell myself that I have come this far and I won't be happy until I finish what I set out to do. Maybe you need to mix it up a bit for yourself. Sometimes just buying a new CD or workout oulfit gets me moving. I hope you have a great weekend!

OK ladies let's not let this weekend de-rail us. Good reports come Monday! Have a wonderful day! Tina
Old 07-21-2006, 10:24 AM   #79  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Morning all! Hope it's a good one for all of you.

Had a disastrous night, ate everything but the kitchen sink, and only left that because it was filled with children's toys that I was washing (from the thrift store) for the grandbaby. Can't believe I did it...not sure why I lost control...haven't done anything like that in months. Well, I guess I ought to be thankful that it's not a weekly thing, which it used to be, and move on. Walked 2 miles this morning, set up toys and books for the baby and tried to get all clutter away from a baby's reach. Yes, Tina, having a grandbaby is much better than I thought. I used to laugh at my friends who went so ga-ga over their grandchildren, and here I am, entranced. She is such a good kid, very calm, happy, and of course, cute (aren't all grandbabies?). Now that she's walking I can take her out to check out bugs and flowers and stuff, and I even went out and bought poster paints to try to do painting with her....maybe she's too young, but no harm trying.

Tina, sounds like you've got a great weekend planned. Hope the weather cooperates.

Flip, that Nutella is sooo dangerous! I don't have any real answers for you...suffer from the same problem...and we are all so different. I keep saying to myself 2 steps forward, one step back will still get me there. I guess maybe reading inspirational stories of people who have gained success....changing your routine and adding something new and exciting...maybe a new exercise video....trying some new recipes? Finding a partner to cook good dishes with, and exchanging every other day? Figuring out when you are most vulnerable and taking steps to change the situation?
good luck!

Stephie, good luck with restraint at the theme park.

Angel, how are you doing?

Susan
Old 07-21-2006, 10:52 AM   #80  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls!! Looks like everyone's up and at'em. Just going to have my coffee and start my day. I stepped on the scale and I lost 1 lb this week, even with TOM.....so thats great!!

Susan.....I bet its a thrill to look after your grandaughter!! I remember only too well when my boys were babies, it was better than watching tv!!! We should always remember to see through the eyes of a child. Enjoy!!!

Stephie....good luck on your assignment. Not sure what to reccommend eating at a fair but someplace MUST have a salad?!! At least you'll get some walking in.

Tina.....How's your foot? I hope its finally on the mend. Do you need to go back for a followup visit? Dh had some minor foot surgery last week, and got 3 stitches....you'd think he was dying!!!

mrshillflipper.....Hi ! How are you?
Old 07-21-2006, 11:45 AM   #81  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Did not get my mile in, ended up staying the night about 1/2 way in between Denver and home since it got so late. Also did not abstain from eating bad for me food for dinner. Although small victory stayed away from the theme park food.

So talk about motivation...I have a friend who keeps asking to visit. Everytime she wants to come down I am working but I know eventually we will be able to meet up. When I first started working out she was a runner and I was not. We would go to the gym and she would kill me on the treadmill running laps around me. Well she knows I have been training to become a runner and she wants o have a mock 5k....now my foolish pride says I gotta step it up a notch. Don't you just love a little friendly competition!

mrshillflipper - I can relate. Being that I only have like 9 lbs left I often find myself getting comfortable. Thinking I look great and normal and getting out of my good habits. For me all it takes is to see myself in a bikini...cannot really hide in a bikini then I get to peek at all the parts that still need toning up.

tina - my foot is feeling better, thank you Biking at the trails sounds great! Congrats on your half lb loss...every little bit gets you closer to goal. The dreadmill haha isn't that name so perfect?

susan - Theme park went well thanks. Losing control happens. I am gettinbg slightly better at realizing when it is about to happen but I have not gotten to that magical (probably fictitious) point where I can stop it. Just gotta move on

angel - Congrats on your lb loss. When you only have a few more to go it just feels so awesome to be that much closer.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:11 AM   #82  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Where is everyone?

Had a good weekend despite being up a lb from last week. TTOM is coming so we will just blame it on that.

Friday did stairs, running, power walking, stretching and got in a butt workout. Took Sat off but Sun got in Kickball (2 hours worth....ooooooh so sore) Stretching and a Arm workout. So this exercise bit is coming along nicely.

Not much going on for me. Worked all weekend, working again today. May nap when things slow down later. Tonight will probably just do some stretching and maybe a little Yoga. Still very very sore from kickball. How were your weekends?
Old 07-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #83  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! I hope all your weekends went well. The weather was really nice here all weekend so we enjoyed being outside without dying of heat exhaustion. My weekend went fairly well. I did get in a nice bike ride yesterday and then went swimming. I did eat a bit more then I should of yeserterday at the bbq but I am back today.

Susan I hope your visit with your grandbaby went good. Does she live far from you? Hope you had a good weekend!

Angel Holy cow girl you are doing great. You must share what you are doing because you are dropping weight every week even with your period.

Steph sounds like you had a good weekend. Kickball huh I have not played that since grade school. It sounds like alot of fun though.

Mrs. Hillflipper I hope your weekend went well for you!

Well not much going on today I am going to get in some cardio and weights today but all exercise will be inside again since the heat is back. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 07-24-2006, 12:02 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Good day everyone.

I'm back from vacation. I spent a week camping in 90 degree heat and sweating my hiney off. I stayed totally on-plan with the diet and was really excited to come home and weigh-in. I was convinced I'd lost at least 3 or 4 pounds. Well, I only lost half a pound and I was so disouraged that I gave in and had dinner with the family last night and now I'm up 2.5 pounds. Geesh!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:01 PM   #85  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Morgaine....give it a couple of days for the vacation loss to kick in...don't lose hope.

This weekend was a total lost cause for me. Was so busy with the kids, grandbaby and being with inlaws side I don't know all that well and don't like all that much that I ate....out of boredom I guess. Won't even look at the scale because I just know it was a disaster. Well, back on track again.

Being with grandbaby (GB) was great. Now that she is walking, it is so much fun! She walks like Charlie Chaplin, feet out, and her backside wiggles back and forth. She just walks and walks, no particular purpose in mind, just practicing I guess. So cute to watch. We are lucky she is a goodnatured, happy baby, and doesn't mind crowds or strangers. And she likes to be read to....our family is a family of readers, so that's real important.

Anyhow, didn't exercise, ate to excess, but it's over, and I'm back on track. Redoing all the ground I lost this weekend. Oh well, a blip in time.

Got notification that the Arthritis Foundation is having their training session in August, which will give me a certification to work with groups or individuals suffering from arthritis. I'm excited about that. Hope they will also place me with an organization. Would like to start teaching groups or classes or individuals.

Better head home now, hope everyone is doing fine.

Susan
Old 07-24-2006, 10:52 PM   #86  
Red Team Member

Hello ladies! Well the little ones are in bed and my husband and oldest are at a baseball game so I have the whole house to myself. I usually don't like being home alone but I have to say it is pretty nice. I just wanted to pat myself on the back a bit. I did the treadmill today for 30 min and 10 of those min. were running. I forgot how much I like walking/jogging. I felt like I got in a great workout. I did weights also today so I only did 30 min. of cardio. I am trying to get back into mixing up the workouts. I think my body is stuck and needs a little push. I just keep looking at my weight tracker and thinking I am so close I can see it. I just want to get there. Anyways I am going to go and read a bit before bed. Have a nice night!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:20 AM   #87  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! Uh the kids had me up today at 7 and I was none to thrilled. I like to slowly wake up but when the kids are up before you that is not a option. Well yesterday was a really good day for me. I came it 1740 calories for the day and got in both cardio and weights so that sounds like a winner to me.

Susan I am glad to hear that you had a nice visit with your granddaughter. Don't they look adorable when they first start to walk. Don't worry about not having the best weekend food and exercise wise this is a new week and just go from there. My mother and sister-in-law both have arthritis. I know they are often in alot of pain from it. If you have any exercises that you think would help them please let me know. Hope you have a great day!

Steph are you still feeling sore or is it easing up a bit for you?

Mrs hillflipper and Angel I hope you both are doing good!!!

Morgaine welcome back from vaction! Don't weigh yourself for a few days and I am sure next time you do it will be all good. Keep your head up!

Well I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #88  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Good morning ladies! Man I am still sore from kickball! Walking downstairs is just killing me right now. Yesterday I did get a brief walk in (25 mins) I am dog sitting for 4 dogs...my house is crazy right now!

Not much going on today...working my at home job as long as I can this morning. Too sore to run tonight I think...but I think I will try to get some more strength training or yoga/pilates in.

tina - swimming sounds divine right now, we are in a bit of a heat spell here.

morgaine - awesome staying totally OP while on vaca! Don't let those pounds get you down, they can be finicky sometimes.

susan - Back on track is the name of the game. That is so exciting about that extra certification!

tina - running feels so awesome and I have heard it is one of the best forms of cardio for toning.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 185/157/145

Well hello beauties!!!

Well, after a weekend full of popcorn, liquorish, ice cream and subway, I am back....The WW scale must have been off this time because it said I lost 6 oz...that just can't be right.

Nothing like a kick in the head from Stephie to get me back on track...You are right, looking at myself in a bikini will do the trick! You know, when I was "younger" I didn't want to just look good, I wanted to look good naked...Now, I just want to look good...from a distance....in a dark room...with ALL of my clothes on!

Oh well, we didn't come this far to let a bad weekend or few days get us down. If it was easy, we all would be skinny and fit. We are all here on this little message board for a reason.

Tina, way to go on the workout!!!! Sometimes we forget how good it can feel when we actually do a workout!

Morgaine, are you kidding me?! Only 1lb??? That is great! It will take you no time at all to get that off! Some people come back from a week of vacation and have gained 10 lbs! Good for you!

So, if you all don't mind me asking, how did each of you lose your weight? What was your "breaking" point, the moment when you decided to go for it and stick with it?

Well, had better get back to it. Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #90  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls.....this week I feel really run down and I'm coming down with a head cold/sore throat....sneezzing my fool head off also. We leave on holidays soon and the last thing I want is to be hacking my head off while away. I will still be mindful of my food, excercise and (of course) water....but I won't be doing any long workouts.

stephie....kickball eh? sounds like non stop action!! I took ds to a new place called SkyZone. Its large enclosed (meshed walls and matted) joined trampolines. One area was the size of 20 tramplines, and another was 4 together. The smaller one was for dodgeball. You pay by the hour, but believe me my son was just DRIPPING from sweat....he had a ball!!! LITERALLY!!! Non stop jumping, diving, throwing and dodging!!! They also have aerobics classes on the trampoline also.
Closed Thread