Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello ladies!

OK - the margarita weight is coming off - down to 147 today, but I'm freaking out. We tried on costumes today for the show I'm in. The director is convinced that I look just fine in this red sequined tight number. It is SOOOO tight!!! The other girls are telling me to get a waist cincher and other foundation garments - but heck - I already had to put the thing over my head (instead of bringing it up over my hips) to get it on to begin with. I don't want to look like a stuffed sausage!! I agreed to temporarily put the costume aside with my name on it until I've had a chance to get some foundation garments...BUT...I really need to lose some more pounds before the show opens - September 8. I will NOT go on stage looking like I stuffed myself into that dress. Please help keep me on track!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:35 AM   #152  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! Well I hope you all had a great weekend! The cornfest was really nice. The kids really had fun at the parade. My little guy was a little cranky but I think staying overnight somewhere is just to much for him. He likes his crib and he needs his naps. Well today it is gloomy here so just going to do laundry from the weekend and pick up a bit. I think the beach and swimming at my mother-in-laws is about all for the week though along with some yard work. Well I did good eating even while away this weekend so I am hoping that I can stick with it for the week and have another good weigh in.

Morgaine a tight costume filled with sequins would scare anyone I think. I bet you look great in it though. I often think we are so much more critical on ourselves then others. I know for me things that I see as trouble spots others don't even notice. Well I hope it goes well for you.

Steph hope your trip went good. Did you get alot of good pics? I would think traveling like that all the time would be tiring but then again if I could travel without kids it might be refreshing! Have a good day!

Susan I hope things are going good for you! How was your weekend?

Well I am off to the washing machine. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-14-2006, 11:53 AM   #153  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well IM BACK.....and maintained YAY! Would have rather seen a loss this morning but the SAME is still KILLER I have to be honest I was not an angel but I did make some very smart choices which made my bad choices not so devastating. A couple of non scale victories while I was gone...I bought a pair of pants and was a SMALL, as well as looked down to find myself on the first hole on my belt. So if I lose any more (which I am gonna...fingers crossed) I will have to buy a new one. YAY!

Well I am still not 100 percent sure that my eating won't catch up to me so I better get a killer workout in this evening. Hope everyone is doing well, did ya all miss me?

Susan - It was in the July issue of Self...just a Yoga Butt workout. Simple only like 8 asanas I think but they were pretty challenging. My MIL got back from her cast scan about what she thought was vertigo they told her it was something to do with her sinus' there was a mass but not a tumor or anything. She has been dealing with it since April. I hope you get yours figured out.

Tina - You know I did get some relaxation time in this time. I was fortunate enough to get to bring my hubby and we had a nice night out at the comedy club. Sounds like you did good while I was away.

Morgaine - I hear ya on photography being expensive. I just bought a new flash for a wedding I am doing in September and it set me back a bit. Thank goodness for advances hehe. Have you ever looked into doing event photography? I do some part time. Like a soccer tournament for example should have an event photography company there. Those companies usually pay $200 a day for action photographers...just do a three day tournament and there is your photoshop
Old 08-14-2006, 01:17 PM   #154  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Hi all! Good weekend. Have to admit I was not too active on the exercise front, just a couple of walks, but I worked on cleaning my basement, cleaning up my papers, studying for my certification exam, cooking for the week...and I was really good on my eating!

Not that there's any weight loss, but getting through a weekend without a weight gain is major I think. This morning got in a great legs workout, and tonight will head to the gym for my cardio.

Went to see the movie Little Miss Sunshine. I recommend it highly. It was really laugh aloud funny in many parts, and the acting was great.

Stephie, yahoo on your pants size and the belt...whooops, gotta go, work calls....

S
Old 08-14-2006, 04:59 PM   #155  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls!!!....I'M BAACK!!!! from vacation that is!!! I had a great time although we ran out of time....we had sooo much we had wanted to do and the time just flew by. The driving time went well, we divided the first day for the 12 hr and the second day for the 6 hrs. Thank goodness for all the electronic gadgets the boys had. Also proud to say they also read 3-4 books each. Family is all good and boy have they grown, the boys cousins that is..... , one little one was only 3 months old last time we were there and now he is almost 4.5 yo !!! Can't believe he's walking and talking!!! I def. wasn't OP but didn't do too badly either....I tried to balance it all out with occasional desserts added in. I won't weigh in for a little while though, as TOM is here. (blech...) I'll read up all the posts and get caught up later.....NICE TO BE BACK!!
Old 08-15-2006, 07:44 AM   #156  

Welcome back Angel!!!! Good to have you with us again. Glad the vacation turned out so nicely. Smart not to weigh in too soon after vacation.

Well, this reminds me of when I joined weight watchers with friends...they all lost and I just sat there. You are all doing so well. But...I am not going to get discouraged. I have been lifting faithfully, and am seeing differences in my muscles and strength. Yesterday I didn't do my cardio...when I came home from work I was really tired...think the leg exercising in the am was really intense, and I listened to my body and got into bed. This morning did chest and tris, plus ab workout.

Tina, from what I've been reading, the best exercises for the lower abs are those such as reverse curls, which really engage the lower section. Another is the bicycle, which hits all sections of your core. Don't forget to do core back exercises like the superman to strengthen your lower back muscles as well. The front and back work together.

Morgaine, good luck with the costume. I would think that sequins would hide a variety of evils, and it would seem to me that foundation garments would make you feel uncomfortable....and you do want to be comfortable in the costume, so good luck!

Have a good day all!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:29 AM   #157  

Good Morning everyone -

I'm estatically happy - this morning I weighed in at 144.5 - my all time low - I don't remember the last time I weighed this.

Susan - I've discreetly been perusing ebay for red pageant gowns and will just go ahead and buy one in the correct size. My director had a limited number of fancy red dresses and was trying to divide them among 13 girls. I got stuck with one that I could get into and zip up - but I swear - it was so tight - there's no way I can walk in it, let alone dance.

Hope everyone has a super day!!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:22 AM   #158  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! First things first WELCOME BACK ANGEL!!!!!!! Glad to hear your vaction went good and you are back safe and sound! Sounds like your family really enjoyed it. So yesterday was sort of a lazy day for us here. I think we were still trying to re-coup from the weekend. We did go and get my daughter some fall cloths and went to Bobaks to get our meat for the month. I don't know if they have this store where you all live but if they do I would highly recommend it. The meat is so lean and the prices are unbeatable. When we got home I went for my walk and came home to a delish dinner that my husband cooked for us. It was so peaceful just me my husband and older son eating. I know that sounds awful but the little ones are a handful at the table and it was really nice to eat without having to dodge dirty hands and food. Yesterday came in good calorie wise 1710. My husbands birthday is tommorow so I have to be really good today if I am going to have a piece of birthday cake. I have to say though my husband is so supportive in this journey. It really helps me to stay focused and motivated. Well today we are going to his moms for a swim day so that will be fun and the kids will love it. I have to do weights today since I skipped them yesterday and my walk later tonight. Hope you all have a great day!

Morgaine congrats on your loss. See I knew it would start rolling again for you. Keep up the good work!

Steph that is really nice that your husband was able to come with you! Glad to hear you all got is some you time. Have a good one!

Susan I would hardly say you are sitting on the sidelines watching us! You are the one up at 5 in the morning do your exercises so if that is not commitment I don't know what is. I agree with you though just because the scale is not moving does not mean the body is not changing. Keep a eye on how things are fitting you different. Have a good day!

Angel WELCOME BACK AGAIN!!!!!!!

Well all I am off to do some laundry before we leave. Have a good day!
Old 08-15-2006, 12:28 PM   #159  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Morning ladies,
Well I weighed in at 124.4 today...a personal best. Did not get my workout in last night but there will be nothing that can make me miss it tonight...I WILL GET IT IN. Went grocery shopping yesterday so now I can be back on track with food. No more soup for breakfast!10:24 AM 8/15/06

susan - Hey cooking and cleaning is a workout sometimes. Maintaining is the second best thing to losing so good job. Don't get discouraged Just kick it up a notch.

angel - welcome back. Sounds like you vacation was reallyl relaxing.

Morgaine - i think buying one in the correct size sounds like the way to go. Wouldnt want any wardrobe malfunctions hehe.

Tina - Enjoy that birthday cake you deserve it
Old 08-16-2006, 05:22 AM   #160  

Morning all! I had dinner with a friend last night (we ate great...ate burmese...had two interesting salads which we shared), and she wants me to work with her...she is suffering from arthritis. I decided to call the county and get a business license for my business, and really start to be professional about personal training, not just at Bali but privately. Woke up at 3:30 with a name for my new pt business. Funny how I had dreamed it.

Since I was up and alert, did my lower body workout. I'm sweating like crazy, back is drenched. Want to cool down before I try to get back to sleep for a few hours.

This is the second week of my big push exercise wise....but I am realizing....this isn't just for now...this is forever. The rest of my life I am going to have to wake up every morning and focusing on my body and exercise. Well, not a bad way to be. And once I retire from my day job, there's will be less pressure time wise. Can't wait. Only 1 1/2 years to go. Sounds funny saying that. Sounds like a lot, but I'm sure it will go quickly with a goal in mind.

Morgaine, that's a great idea about buying something on line. Didn't realize it just had to be a red dress, not a specific red dress.

Angel, are you recovering from vacation yet? I find the transition from vacation to routine difficult sometimes....there's such a nice flavor after coming back from a vacation...sort of like the last lick of icecream...it lingers sweetly on your tongue and you hate to lose it.

Tina, wish your DH a very happy birthday. You are doing so well, I'm sure the birthday cake won't faze you.

Stephie, congrats on the weight loss! You've beaten your goal, and should be feeling higher than a kite. Yahoo! Hope you get that exercise in.

Have a great day all!
Old 08-16-2006, 09:09 AM   #161  

Good Morning!

I'm very happy today - I got to change my avatar - goodbye 30 chickie - hello 35 chickie!

Stephie - Congrats on getting down to goal - woohoo!

Susan - Personal Trainer? That sounds interesting. They have a place around here where you can get a certification in that. I always thought that would be cool and was interested in doing it, but being 50 pounds overweight, would have felt like a hypocrite taking the classes. And what is Burmese food like? Never heard of it. Oh yes, the red dress thing- we just all have to wear somekind of flashy red gown. It's not like Broadway where we have a huge budget and everyone can get matching ones - we just use what we can find or make.

Tina- I hope you stayed strong during your hubby's birthday party. I know it's hard staying on plan when everyone around is eating whatever they want.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #162  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! Well this will be short as today is my husbands birthday and we are all headed out to the trail for a bike ride. I just feel that if I check in each day I am more accountable for myself. Yesterday was good food and exercise wise. It was really funny I did not want to do my weights and figured on waiting to start them up agian next week but I just could not put them off. I ended up doing them at about 10 at night. Well today hopefully the bike ride will counteract any mishaps with the food. I am going to control myself though since we also have the Renassiance Faire this weekend and there are alot of goodies there. Well I hope you all have a great day!

Susan don't keep us in suspense what is the name you are thinking of?

Morgaine great job on getting to 35 pounds lost. That is a huge accoplishment! Keep going girl!

Steph great job on getting down another pound! You are so close! I know that has to feel good!

Angel I go away for a weekend and it takes me a week to get back to normal so I can't imagine how you are doing! Have a good day !

Well the weather is beautiful today and it is my husbands birthday and we are all healthy what more could I ask for! Life is going really good! Have a good one ladies!
Old 08-16-2006, 02:17 PM   #163  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Down a little bit more on the weight side this morning. Must be a reward for my good behavior yesterday. Not much on plan today just working and then gotta get in a workout...

susan - what name did you come up with?

Morgaine - YAY 35 chickie! Sounds like you are back on track!

Tina - Get in a good workout so that you can treat yourself just a little. You are still doing so great...
Old 08-16-2006, 02:33 PM   #164  

Well, I woke with the name "Health Matters" in my head, but it looks like it's taken...I may try to do Health Matters! and see if that name is free, or if putting an exclamation point makes a difference.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:36 PM   #165  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Thats cute And easy to remember...how do you go about registering a business anyway? I am thinking of doing my photography sidework under a self owned business but havent checked it out yet...
Closed Thread