Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:32 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Welcome, Featherweights!

If you only have a few pounds to lose, you're a featherweight! We have all types of women on 3FC, and we all have different needs. A woman that has 200 pounds to lose has different needs from one that needs to lose 50 pounds and one that needs to lose 10 pounds. Thus, we have added Featherweights!

If you need to lose 10-15 pounds, you might find that you don't get all the sympathy you feel you deserve. We understand that it isn't always easy to lose weight, no matter how much you need to lose. We hope by starting this corner of the forum, that it will enhance the whole Fat Chick Experience for you.

Welcome!!

PS - This is not only for 10-15 pounders - if you feel like you can benefit from this forum, you are welcome!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 147.6/145.4/130

Default yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO glad this thread is being started. Losing weight is a big deal to ANYONE regardless of how much. But I think everyone can agree that it is easier talking to someone with similar weight goals, even though we should all be supportive of everyone in the community
mdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:42 PM   #3  

Thank you so much for starting this thread!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:42 PM   #4  
Teapot Diva-short & stout

Hi all--just want to add a little note. When I worked in a fitness gym, I found a woman was just as likely to burst into tears over her last impossible to lose 10 lbs as a woman who had 100+ to lose. NO ONE has a monopoly on the emotional pain of being over the weight that they feel most comfortable at. Good luck all!! BJF
BridgetJFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:53 PM   #5  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 166/152/140

Height: 5'9"

I have about 25 lbs to loose to be where I think I will feel good and look good. However I have been focusing more on my body measurements lately then my weight. My waist is 28 inchs, my hips are 40 inches and my thighs are 24 inches. I would like to loose 2-3 inches from each of these areas....so whatever weight that brings me to I will be happy.
kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:02 PM   #6  
Have you exercised today?

S/C/G: 271/170/170

Height: 5'8"

I am always aware of maintaining my comfortable weight. So it always seems like I am up or down the same 5-10 pounds. I use to be a heavyweight and I have to agree with some of the comments that were posted here.
FairyWinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/155/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi featherweights! Thank you so much for starting this thread!
I have about 28 pounds left to lose, which sometimes feels impossible. There have been numerous times where I've felt guilty about complaining about my weight, almost as if my 50 pounds don't hold as much merit as someone needing to lose 100 or more. I have so much admiration for anyone who makes the choice to lose weight, be healthier, and feel good about themselves, regardless of how many pounds they want to shed, but it's nice to have people to talk to who are in the same boat as me!
Good Luck and Happy 4th of July!
Donya
4boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

wow. what a great idea for a thread. im new to 3fc and not really sure where to begin. i'm sure i;ll find lots of advice and support but sometimes i think people will think my vanity pounds arent as important. i weigh about 128ish....not really sure since i dont own a scale....and would like to get to 108. since im just over 5 feet this is reasonable. im gonna try the sonoma diet (since thats the majority of my diet anyway) blended with south beach and exercise a lot....just finding the time will be difficult. i am a kindergarten teacher (hence my name) and i work part time at a day care after school. ideally i'd like to start running again (did so a few years ago in college) in the morning before school and then maybe take a stress-releasing walk in teh evenings...or maybe do a yoga/pilates video when old man winter rolls around.

anyway, just wanted to say hi and thanks for a great room
teacher25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:59 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Hey Teacher ... You're going to love it here, we are, if I do say so myself a great group!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Awww! Thanks for such a great welcome.

And let me just say your fat vs. muscle picture made me put on my sneakers and put down the remote and go for a walk.
teacher25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:10 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher25
And let me just say your fat vs. muscle picture made me put on my sneakers and put down the remote and go for a walk.
Yay! Hope you had a great workout!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #12  
joan fay

S/C/G: 158/154/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Hi everyone

My weight has been the bain of my existance some days. So, I'm glad to find this thread. I should lose about 35 lbs plus or give or take a pound. I'm short so there is little room for the weight to spread around. These last few weeks it has been hot and humid so the treadmill has been gathering dust.
Thank goodness there is a nice breeze today and it is cooler.
That's about it for today.
joan fay
joan fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:17 PM   #13  
This time it's for ME!

S/C/G: SW/172 CW/159 GW/145

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Can I join too?

Hi Everyone!

I am at the halfway point in my weight loss journey but still need lots of support. I started my latest journey back in January.

I'm 42, married, have 2 little girls and work outside the home.

I have lost the same 20-30 pounds so many times I've lost count!

I am doing it MY WAY this time (kind of calorie counting and exercising) and although it's been a very slow process, I know I'm gonna keep it off this time!

All of you have done so great and are a great inspiration to me!

Lenee
Lenee64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:24 PM   #14  
Ilene the Bean

Hi Joan and Lenee to 3FC ... We're all in the same boat so we're here to help each other
Old 08-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

Hi I am Angela! I just had a baby 7 weeks ago. I gained 33 pounds and have already lost 35 due to bf. But I still need to lose 28 more pounds. I've never been good at sticking to exersizing so I am mostly trying to eat healthier. Hubby is joining me this time. So I am very hopeful this time.
babybelly is offline   Reply With Quote