3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Welcome, Featherweights! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/84275-welcome-featherweights.html)

Rudy79 11-25-2007 06:06 PM

Hello All,
I just signed up for this and am hoping talking to everyone will keep me focused. I am a personal trainer and am in good shape but have a binge eating problem. I do not purge but do binge frequently. Does anyone else do this?

Scenestealer 11-25-2007 09:57 PM

I used to do that, and now I've become a bit obsessed with DailyPlate.com, which has helped me immensely. You put in what you eat for the day, and it calculates calories, fat, carbs, nutrients, etc. I've gotten in the habit of updating it throughout the day, and it definitely helps me plan. Just knowing that I'll have to enter what I ate helps me not to binge. Also, nighttime is when I tend to binge most, so if I keep it updated and I know I only have 600 calories or whatever for the night, I know I can't binge. Maybe something like that will help you?

Rebell 01-06-2008 03:16 PM

Hello, I am new to 3fc and have enjoyed reading so many encouraging letters.I found myself putting on weight after Katrina hit our home and everyone around me seem to be adding on about 20 lbs. So I figured it was normal for everything we were dealing with. But its been 2 years and now I have added another 10 pounds. So I now find myself having to lose 30 pounds. I have never had to diet before, I was always active but now I live in the country were there is no gym. But I have made up my mind I have to do something as I am very unhappy with my weight. I was sooo happy to have found this site. Wish me luck.
Kat

Ilene 01-06-2008 07:29 PM

:welcome: to all the newbies I love newbies :dance: ....

Tamsie 01-09-2008 10:10 AM

I'm new here too!

Decided that a simple approach to dieting would be best for me at this point. All I'm doing is eating healthier type foods* and counting calories (no more macros.. becomes overwhelming and I quit).

Aiming for 1200 - 1400 for now.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

* good fats, low bad fats, lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, vegetables.

Ilene 01-09-2008 12:35 PM

Hi Tamsie :wave: :wel3fc:

thisrlipo 01-19-2008 10:28 AM

Me Too! Me Too!

I found 3FC about 2 weeks ago but just found this support group...don't know how I missed it! this is just what I need! :carrot: hopefully this will give me the edge I need to finally break the 145 mark (haven't broken it in 8 years-been having babies!). I'm hope that I can offer a little support too. :hug:

Ilene 01-20-2008 02:46 PM

:wave: and :welcome: thisrlipo

RNmomof5 01-25-2008 11:15 PM

new person here!

I am very new to 3fc. I am so excited that I found this website and this support group! Everyone here seems really encouraging:) I've lost 50 lbs over the past year, gained back 12, and now have lost 8 more lbs. I sill have about 17 more lbs to go to get to my goal weight. I'm looking foreward to getting there with the help and motivation from this group!

Ilene 01-25-2008 11:38 PM

Hey RN :welcome: ....

Congrats on your weightloss so far we certainly will help with the rest of your weightloss...

CatR 01-29-2008 01:56 PM

I was really happy to find the Featherweights. I have been checking out 3FC for a couple of years, but never really got into the forum area until this January when I realized that I weighed about the same as 2007 January. I should weigh 115-122 to feel my best and I haven't seen those weights in a very long time. It is the usual story of losing a few pounds and then gaining them back, then repeat. It is getting harder to lose and easier gain, so I am seriously tired of this situation.

It is a real help to be able to share experiences with other people. I am sorry it took so long for me to start doing it.

thisrlipo 01-29-2008 06:18 PM

:welcome3: so glad you are here! :carrot::carrot:

Ilene 01-29-2008 08:13 PM

:welcome: CatR :wave: ....

Fawchy 02-01-2008 01:50 AM

I'm wondering if this is the place for me...? Because I have about 30 pounds to lose, I'm not sure if that's too much or too little. I joined this forum ages ago, actually, but I haven't posted much until this week so I'm not sure where I fit in :P

Hi anyway xxx

bargoo 02-01-2008 09:11 AM

Fawchy, this is the place for you if you want it to be, Welcome and good luck!