3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Welcome, Featherweights! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/84275-welcome-featherweights.html)

HungerWerks 03-09-2016 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyesontheprize135 (Post 5244766)
Hello everyone, I kind of feel out of place but I think this support arena is what I need. I currently weigh 174, this is my highest weight so I'm a little embarrassed. My goal weight is a healthy 135!!! Wishing everyone health, good luck and positivity.

Welcome! We've got a lot of places in the Feathers' Forum for positive support here. :carrot: :broc: :cb:

:wel3fc: :welcome2: :welcome: :welcome3:

h82diet 04-02-2016 12:30 PM

Has anyone stalled orplateaued in week 4 / Ideal Protein?

I've been on Ideal protein for 4 weeks and the first week I lost 8lbs (mostly water) week two I lost 3lbs, week three I lost 2.8 lbs, and the 4th week I lost 3oz WTH...? and just so we're clear, I never once cheated!

How can you eat 600 calories a day and only lose 3 frick'n oz when your paying $90 a week + tax for food? Thats just crazy!

I'm trying to get back in my 2's and only have about 10 lbs to go and was hoping I'd only have to be on the program for 8 weeks total. My weigh-in is next week and if I only lost another 3oz it'll be so long Ideal Protein.:?:

65X65 04-09-2016 02:31 PM

IP is not magic...but it works...esp 4 those who have a lot to lose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by h82diet (Post 5251055)
I've been on Ideal protein for 4 weeks and the first week I lost 8lbs (mostly water) week two I lost 3lbs, week three I lost 2.8 lbs, and the 4th week I lost 3oz WTH...? and just so we're clear, I never once cheated!

How can you eat 600 calories a day and only lose 3 frick'n oz when your paying $90 a week + tax for food? Thats just crazy!

I'm trying to get back in my 2's and only have about 10 lbs to go and was hoping I'd only have to be on the program for 8 weeks total. My weigh-in is next week and if I only lost another 3oz it'll be so long Ideal Protein.:?:

Congrats on losing what to me is a decent amount of weight in a short time. In 2013 I was on IP for almost 8 months. The average for me was just over 2 lbs a week. (65 lbs total ) ... 2-3 lbs/ week is about average.

If you read the IP forum..you will see that those with larger weight loss needs will definitely lose larger amounts early on, (frustratingly...for them....those first pounds are often not even noticeable) but the raw "weekly pounds lost" number tapers downward as weightloss moves the person closer to goal. Some weeks the loss feels insignificant, but a stall on IP is defined as several consecutive weeks with 0 loss. Often after a few weeks with small losses there will be a larger loss of a few pounds and the pattern is repeated.

Good for you...you were not in a category that you have been losing more than the 2-3 lbs average a week. That 2-3 lb rate is actually a more accurate expectation on this diet. Many who are on IP have a significant amount of weight to lose. Ketogenic diets that are muscle sparing, as IP is designed to be, finally allows a broken metabolism to lose that weight when nothing else has worked. It's not going to be a quick fix...and will eventually become an endurance game to hit goal and seeing the average weekly loss become 2-3 lbs, which is healthy. For those needing to lose a lot...the fact of losing and understanding what the long term process looks like on paper ...is very important. The last 10 pounds will not come off as quickly as the first. For anyone. You are closer to a healthy weight...your metabolism goes down...common sense.

My advice is to stick it out. The last 10lbs may take much longer...now it's just like just like any other diet. Many IPers eventually use cheaper alternatives...EAS carb control drinks are one inexpensive alternative which mimick the IP products. I used them in place of breakfast or lunch after the first few months... There are threads on the forum which may help you if you decide to move off the branded IP products. They are not magic....

Best wishes...you're not experiencing a stall or unusual results! You deserve to be congratulated...but now the hard work begins...getting to goal and figuring out how to maintain.

PrincessKLS 05-30-2016 01:35 PM

I used to be a featherweight and now I'm someone who has to lose at least 100 lbs.

HungerWerks 06-23-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessKLS (Post 5262357)
I used to be a featherweight and now I'm someone who has to lose at least 100 lbs.

We're all on the same path - looking to lose weight, and be happy and healthy. ;) Welcome, Princess!

:welcome3: :wel3fc: :welcome: :welcome2:

PrairieQueen 07-04-2016 10:35 AM

Hi, everyone! I joined 3fatchicks last July with over 50 pounds to lose. I had never tried to lose before and had always been the "skinny" girl until I hit 33 and switched careers to teaching (and my kids were getting older and our family became quite busy on a daily basis). My weight slowly started to creep up, I lost some weight unintentionally during my divorce, but it came back when I remarried a junk food loVing man! When I hit 50 last year I knew I needed to do something but wasn't too motivated. Then a few months later the weight started coming off when I got super-involved with my vegetable gardens....that kickstarted my complete lifestyle change. I was "pretty good" with the quality of my food but portion control, diet food, and processed food were still in the mix. I gradually cleaned up my act and lave lost over 40 pounds this year. I gained back five of those last month on a two week holiday to England but have just now shed those. I'm glad I found this sub forum....those last 10-20 pounds are really giving me problems!

linyinwonderland 07-09-2016 02:59 PM

Hey Guys <3
I'm trying to recover from my anorexia/bulemia and to maintain my weight. I don t know if this is the right place to share this, but i guess everybody here wants to improve his/her lifestyle, so maybe we have a similar goal after all...

Aries007 07-25-2016 12:47 AM

Hi I am new to this website, I have at least 25lbs to loose. My weight has been up and down. This is the 15th time that I have attempted to lose weight. I hope to stick to getting to a healthy weight this time around. I hope to find support here along with motivation.

AthenaFaeryn 04-05-2017 03:22 PM

Hi all! New here!

I've lost 25 lbs since January but have 21 more pounds left to lose but it has been SO HARD lately!! I had my 30th birthday recently so the binges have been constant, although fortunately I've not gained much this past week or so, touch wood. I really hope I can lose the 21 pounds before the summer!

CallMeB 04-21-2017 02:38 PM

Same Goal.

Hi AthenaFaeryn. I just found 3FatChicks as I was looking for some sort of support systems or program to lose exactly 21 pounds like you. It seems difficult to identify networks of people who have a little to lose in comparison to 100+ ... I like to read these sorts of success stories. They're not as dramatic as those who basically lost half their body weight, but because I'm not looking to do that I find those on this forum much more motivating. It seems like you are already successful with a 25 lb. loss, but I totally understand that the last 21 would be "SO HARD"!

I'd love to hear any tips you can share or if you could even give some more details regarding your initial loss. How did you do it? Do you have a special event coming up to set your sights on a new summertime weight? Personally, I'm thinking of planning something for summer as a motivator because just the fact that it will be summer doesn't feel like enough for me. According to your pace, it seems like you will definitely meet your goal. Btw, Happy Birthday!

I wish YOU happiness 10-28-2020 08:31 PM

I think nutrition is very important.
If we choose a healthy lifestyle, our body automatically cleanses itself.

I wish YOU happiness 10-28-2020 08:33 PM

Do not use any type of edible oil.
If we stop the entry of harmful oils and chemicals into our body, we will always be healthy.

I wish YOU happiness 10-28-2020 08:44 PM

When you wake up in the morning, drink a glass of lukewarm water before any work and witness its miracle within a month.

Bltttkkkk19 09-20-2022 01:45 PM

3chicks on a diet!

Hi, i close my kitchen at night; to establish more time to stop cravings at night to help you with your diet!