3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Welcome, Featherweights! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/84275-welcome-featherweights.html)

Ilene 11-15-2006 06:02 PM

Thank goodness Susan is on the ball, she's the bestest Welcome Wagon :yes:

Hello Slimsooner, Lose25 and tummytrouble (Kim)... The best place to start Kim is with cleaning out your kitchen of the junk and starting to walk... Baby steps count too...

laydeebug3 11-16-2006 10:33 AM

new to this place

hi all...im a recent addition to 3fc and ive been looking around these forums, and this one appears to suit me best. i was just wondering if anyone could help me out and give me advice on what motivates them and what gives you all will power. I know I dont like the weight that I'm at but food appeals to me more so thats my struggle. I always fluctuate by about 10 lbs but I would really like to stick to it this time. Im frankly terrified of thanksgiving because I go see my husbands family who cooks good old country food and never seems to think we can eat enough so its a lot of pressure that I would like not to give in to. Any suggestions or advice on what works for you?

Ilene 11-16-2006 07:00 PM

:wave: and :wel3fc: Samantha!!

You, just gave me an idea to start a thread :D

sweet_talker 11-21-2006 05:37 PM

Hi featherweights! I'm a university student with some serious sweet habits; if it weren't for them, I'd probably be at a weight I'm happy with.

I'm fairly new on here and a rather timid poster, but this looks like a great community. Hopefully everyone's having a good week. :dance:

Ilene 11-21-2006 10:30 PM

Hey :wave: sweet_talker :wel3fc:

sugarfreeprincess 12-02-2006 01:35 AM

OMG! A featherweight page.. what a fabulous idea!!!:D

Ive been going to the 20something page and I am so glad I stumbled upon this one now too!!

you will see me quite often... i am always spotted by my signature "pink".. hehe
what can i say.. i LOVE PINK!!!

It;s great to meet you all and feel free to ask me anything you would like to know!

sweet_talker 12-02-2006 02:45 AM

helloooo, sugarfreeprincess! :welcome3: i glance at the 20something page now and then too, but i think featherweights is top in my books :)

p.s. i lurve the pink font, very cute. i might have to try a new colour myself. i'll probably forget after this, though. :P

Ilene 12-02-2006 09:05 AM

sugarfreeprincess :wel3fc: ... I love pink too...

PeachyAngelYummm 12-05-2006 03:38 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new here, but this forum seemed to suit me best. I'm a college student, and I originally gained weight living in the dorms and my first year after the dorms when I didn't really care what I was eating. My highest was about 187, and then about 2.5 years ago I lost about 25 lbs of it, however it has crept back up to 167. I'd like to lose about another 20 lbs.

My worst things are snacking and going out on the weekend (I love beer and mixed drinks). Also it's hard not to eat after coming home on the weekend late at night. I usually like to workout because I feel better, but often times late nights and school work on top of jobs tend to make it easier for me to skip.

So I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully I can meet my goals. I'd like to workout about 4-5 days a week and cut down on my snacking and eating out. Looks like everyone on these forums are very helpful and positive about giving people support!

Ilene 12-05-2006 04:14 PM

Hi Peachy Angel :wave: and :wel3fc:

rayyth 12-06-2006 05:18 AM

Hi all!

Hoping I can join you all in Featherweights :) It seems to probably fit my circumstances the best.

I'm pregnant (I'm having an elective caesar in 2 days so almost done!) and I have a daughter who turns four in 5 days. My tickers are in kilos so for anyone who speaks 'pounds' I'll tell my story in pounds. :)

This pregnancy I've put on far more weight than recommended, though part of the problem is the weight I had put on just before getting pregnant when my lifestyle became more sedentary because of a change of jobs. So when fit and healthy I am around 120 pounds (54-55kg) and now I'm 177 pounds (80 kg). Obviously some of that will disappear in 2 days but I'm not sure yet how much. My first goal will be to get to a healthy BMI - so 148 pounds (about 67kg).

I'll be breastfeeding for as long as I can, not only because it's best for bub but also because of the health benefits to myself... I breastfed my DD til she was 13 mo.

Anyway that's it for me, I'm going to try to eat healthy (pretty much not following any one plan, though the evidence about low GI is overwhelming so will be basing what I eat from now on on Low GI, combined with just trying to eat healthy, wholesome, and where possible organic food) and exercise - I'll have to start off gently because of the caesar but will be walking, swimming, doing some weights/resistence, as well as pilates. At least - that's the plan!

srmb60 12-06-2006 08:37 AM

Hi and welcome! We're glad you're here and very happy that you're thinking ahead.
We expect news and pictures by the way!

Ilene 12-06-2006 08:50 AM

:wave: rayyth and :wel3fc: and to Featherweights... We're here for you!!

andreavm 12-06-2006 01:35 PM

Hi ladies! Susan invited me over from the Introductions board so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Andrea and I'm 30 years old and a mother of one daughter. She is 17 months old now and I gained a total of 58 lbs before I got pregnant and while I was pregnant. I am breastfeeding and I have lost 41 lbs, but am having a hard time stopping myself from eating whatever I want...the entire reason I gained the 58 lbs in the first place. It's like I'm a kid in a candy store most of the time. I can get movtivated, but it usually only last a few weeks. I'm hoping to find some support here so that it can be a lifestyle change, not a diet.

I've been following Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live diet and it basically just means I gave up dairy, sugar, etc. and eat mostly vegetables and fruit and beans. I feel a ton better since I've been eating mostly this way, but the one thing I haven't been able to give up is sugar. I love chocolate and really struggle with not binging on it.

Some of the factors that are keeping me from losing are 1) my husband works out of town during the week so it's just me, the baby, and the kitchen. 2) Boredom. I'm a stay at home mom and there are days we don't get out of the house. Those are the worst. I can't seem to find enough to do to keep me from eating. 3) I'm exhausted. I do everything around here and that usually means that I don't get to sleep as much as I should. We are working on changing this aspect of our lives, but it comes with a job change for hubby.

I'm going to read through the posts and learn more about all of you! Can't wait to get to know you all and get on this bandwagon with you!!

nomorefatpants 12-06-2006 10:51 PM

New to 3FC

Hello,
I am also new to 3FC and would like to join the featherweights :).
I gained 25 pounds just this summer :mad:
I went from being a fairly active student to a sedentary summer job that involved a lot of fancy meals. 25 lbs later I don't know what happend. I figured when I got back to school it would fall off. That hasn't happend. So I've been keeping track of everything I eat on a fitday type program and exercising regularly. It's helped a lot already to read the posts...it's great inspiration.
I'm feeling esp. motivated right now and I hope I can stay this way and get rid of this weight!.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar069...7/130/155/.png