Welcome, Featherweights!

You're on Page 10 of 38
Go to
  • Fawchy -- Of course this place is for you and
  • Hi All -- I'm Stella I'm new-ish here. I've already been hanging out in the calorie counters forum for a couple weeks, but I wanted to jump in here, as well. A wee introduction (partially copied from my post at the general Introductions forum):

I'm 25 and since adolescence, I've bounced all over the "Overweight" BMI range. Through high school and a year on exchange, I dealt with (relatively minor) depression by binging, eating up to 5000 calories in an evening. Luckily I was also fairly active, and my highest weight was about 180, at age 18. Over the next 5 years or so, I very gradually shed about 25 pounds, not through any particular plan, but just by getting happier and more active and eating better.

Then in the last year or two, I've regained about 10 pounds. The "no particular plan" plan clearly isn't working anymore. After Thanksgiving this year I started logging my calories on Fitday, and that made a huge difference for me. Before, I just did my best to eat a balanced diet, and not eat when I was already full. But if I failed, I wrote off the whole day as Bad, and inevitably ate more. Having an actual record was great, even if I didn't have a specific number of calories I was aiming for. I lost about 5 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but stopped logging (and exercising) over the break and gained them all back by early January.

Then I found this site and I keep coming back because it really helps keep me on track. Around January 15 I started going to the gym every day before work, and aiming for around 1600 calories per day, with a little wiggle room allowed on the weekends. So far I've lost 7 pounds and I feel great.

Well, I don't actually feel great at this exact second because I caught a nasty cold and couldn't work out for several days straight. But I'm feeling mostly over it now and will head back to the gym tomorrow.

Thanks for listening, y'all! You guys are so inspiring, and I'm so glad to be here.
  • coldbrightday you're so pretty in your avatar ...
  • Welcome Stella

This is a great place for support. Stick around, read alot and post as much as you like. We're all in the same boat here .
  • Hi Everyone!

I've lurked her at 3FC forever and just found Featherweights today! And it is just the place I'm looking for! My weight has always bounced all over the place. And I struggle with binge eating.

I'm 48 and married. No kiddos. Just two furbabies...Australian Shepards..Neo and Pearle! I work full time....in fact...that is what I should be doing now!

Anyway, just a quick hello to everyone. I'm looking forward to spending time here and getting to know everyone. I've looked around and I can't wait to come back later and read some more. Thanks Jessica!
  • Ah out of lurkdom Jessica
  • Thanks so much Ilene!! I can't wait to find my way around here.
  • hey everyone!
    hey everyone, i just found 3fc and i am loving it already. i am trying to lose about 25 lbs. i am a new mom trying to lose the excess baby weight i put on durng pregnancy. i have already lost 50 lbs of it, but this last 25 just seems to be stubborn! i can't wait to get to know everyone!
  • Hi! We're glad you're here.

Come join us in our weekly chat thread. It's here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134102
  • Welcome Bryson's mom
  • Hello Bryson's mom!! How are you today? How old is your little one? I have the same baby fat to loose, my youngest is one already. It goest by so fast. Welcome...this is a great place
  • again rainlips
  • Welcome! I also am trying to lose baby fat (if you can call it that...my youngest is 4 )
  • Hi everyone. I've been a member since August 2007, and I've lurked around the Featherweights forum hoping someday I would get to post there, and I think I can start!

My story is basically this - I'm 25, have been overweight my entire life (I was never laughed at or mocked because I was overweight, but because I am only 4'11 weighing anything over 120 is considered overweight). I gained about 35 pounds in 2006 and ballooned up to 187. I never really realized how much weight I had gained until I saw a picture at a holiday party in January 2007. I started doing weight watchers at home on April 16, 2007, and I've lost 50 pounds since then. It has been really hard, but I'm glad I've done it and I'm still fighting on.

Technically, I should weight between 95-120 pounds to be considered in my normal weight range because I am so short, but I am not really looking at those numbers right now. Right now I'm looking at 130 as my big time goal before my wedding in October. I was 130 for awhile in college and I really liked how I felt - but the funny thing is that I never got below a size 10 pant, and now I'm comfortably fitting in to 8s and moving down to a 6 soon hopefully. I think my body must be leaner than when I was in college because I have been exercising regularly for 4 months now and I think that is helping me trim down.

I might get to 130 and decide I want to lost another 5-10 pounds, but I am getting closer and closer to liking my weight and myself. I would definitely like to be trimmer (I still have the stomach pooch and my thighs aren't so great, but I'm working on that), but I know myself I will always have curves and I don't need to be a stick figure (I have been forbidden by my fiancee to become a stick figure anyways).

I think it is going to be a challenge to get down to 130 because since I got under 150 it's been a struggle, but I know that with time it will come off, I just have to be patient. Is it ok to consider myself a featherweight now?

Thanks everyone!
  • NoVaVTFan