Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:03 AM   #1  

Default The path i chose.

Hello!
Im Kupa and im hungry!

Not so much time, so i'll try to make it short and to the point.
Ive tried diets with 1200 calories, nothing worked. Combination with exercise, still nothing. I am/was around 140 pounds. In 3 months i might have lost 2 pounds. Thats it. So a month ago, i decided to do it the "old fashioned" way. "Starve" myself. I got down to 500-900 calories a day with one cheat day that may go up to 1200.

I eat eggs/flax seed and apples, water n coffee. Thats it. Result? im down 4 pounds already.

My thought was apparently on a 1200 diet i maintain my weight, so i will lose the pounds by this way, and then go back to my (really healthy) 1200 diet. Good thing is i learnt how to eat while on the other diets. I went paleo.

Is this a solid logic?
I hear from alot of people "you will get all the pounds back", i know you will if you go back eating sloppy, but if you go back eating properly, how will you get them back?

Thank you!
Kupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

Hmmm. Mind if I ask how tall you are? And is there a specific reason why you need to lose so fast?

If anything, starving sounds like a legit way to lose muscle. You might lose weight, but your fat% might actually go up in the end.

How often do you have your "cheat" days? Perhaps it might be worthwhile for you to check out intermitted fasting for something a bit less extreme than outright starving?
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #3  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Exclamation

I've had bad physical results from eating that low in calories. Your mileage may vary, but I think we need whatever calories the doctors tell us we need, generally, to stay healthy, as long as those calories come from high-quality foods. By "high-quality," I mean natural, and the number of calories would depend on height, weight, age, and physical activity, and maybe some other factors.

If you eat too few calories, I think you could do damage to your body, so wouldn't advise it.

Best wishes!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #4  
Nutritionally Obsessed

S/C/G: 130/118/under 120

Height: 5'5"

I don't lose either on 1300 calories and just read the following:

A 30-year-old woman who weighs 120 lbs. has a BMR of 1,341 calories. A person with this BMR will have a difficult time losing weight on a 1,300-calorie diet without significantly increasing her level of physical activity

And there you have it...

If you cut as low as you are doing, I don't know how you could double your calories without gaining the weight back. You will start getting sick at 500 and may have long term side effects, been there done that, see MPA if you want to see the havoc it can create. Don't enter the land of eating disorders.

To this day, I'm always freezing, get light headed, lose too much hair, etc, all left over effects. Be careful.

Last edited by JenFZ09; 12-01-2015 at 10:50 PM.
JenFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/104/102

I've found that 1,000 seems to be as low as possible with little to no activity and no ill effects. I would shoot for 900 and then not add in salad dressings, milk for tea, oils for cooking, etc.
kristip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:39 PM   #6  

Hello! First of all thank you for your responses!
Second, i have to apologize, cause i made a terrible mistake. I basically eat around 1000 calories. Maybe one day i went to 500, but after all of your responses, i tracked my food better and came to realize that you guys are right, its too damn low, so i really was eating around 1000.

I will put exercise in my routine though and i am thinking about going low carb.

Any of oyu this low on calories and low carb too?Any suggestions?

Thank you again and sorry!!

Ps, i am 5 foot 2 ? 159 cm. Dont really neeeeed to lose the weight fast, im just frustrated that i couldnt budge a bit while eating really really healthy.

Last edited by Kupa; 12-04-2015 at 02:40 PM. Reason: height.
Kupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 130/108/104

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupa View Post

Any of oyu this low on calories and low carb too?Any suggestions?
I would say I eat low carb/no sugar, but I don't count calories. I expect its within reason though.

I basically follow the Dukan diet principles and currently alternate protein vegetable days with pure protein days. You are also supposed to eat 1-2 tablespoons of oat bran in some form daily (I make muffins as a snack). Feel free to check out my Pinterest recipe board as I use these recipes all the time https://www.pinterest.com/foxydogstyle/recipes-to-make/.

I advise meal planning, and cooking in bulk if you choose low carb.
chubbysmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:13 PM   #8  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

I think paleo based low carb plans are the healthiest and most effective when followed correctly. I also believe they eliminate the need to count calories.
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote