Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:37 PM   #1  
Loves sugar

S/C/G: 61.5/61/55

Height: 5' 2"

Angry Day 3 - The headaches have started

Hi folks, it's the end of day 3 and I've done well with my calorie intake (1000) and exercise (1hour/d). Sadly the hunger pangs hit around 11pm when it's time for bed and results in me not being able to sleep and waking up tired. I drink a glass of water to try and curb it but then the headache comes on. Any ideas on how to avoid the headaches and cravings? I don't want to keep taking paracetamols every night
xx
Justalilbitmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/104/102

Height: 5'2"

Can you eat something raw and fiber rich to fill you up? Broccoli, watermelon, anything high in liquids would be good and most will also do wonders for digestion.
kristip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:23 PM   #3  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I'm not a featherweight, but I thought I'd chime in.

What time do you eat dinner? If you go to bed later, you might want to move dinner to a later time. Or if you can't or don't want to, maybe save enough calories to have something filling later in the evening.

I used to get horrible night/early morning cravings (sometimes I would sleep-eat...it was so bizarre), until I moved my dinner back so it was no more than 3 hours before I went to bed. It helped a TON and solved the night cravings.

Last edited by Penny105; 11-23-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

1000 a day seems a bit low, especially if you are exercising for an hour daily. Maybe try upping it to 1200 (safe minimum apparently) and have a healthy snack before bed? Im the same and tend to get hungry about 10.30-11 so ill save calories to have yoghurt or a light babybell or something and it really helps.
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:47 PM   #5  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Calorie levels are fine (there's nothing magical about 1000 calories or inherently dangerous about going below this -- that's a myth). But, try eating a greater share of them in lean protein: chicken breast, egg whites, tuna, white fish, even very lean cuts of pork.

This will keep you satiated longer. It will also help you keep your muscle tissue while you are in caloric deficit. Which is a Good Thing, unless you are going for the skinny-fat look.

//kaw
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:45 PM   #6  
Loves sugar

S/C/G: 61.5/61/55

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks for your helpful input folks, much appreciated

The 1000cal/day is only for the first week after which I'll increase it to 1100 for the next 10 days to see how the weight loss is progressing and adjust accordingly.

I've stocked up on melon/watermelon slices to munch on when hungry at night. To stop the headaches, I'm drinking a cup of hot chicken stock first thing in the morning and evening...no headaches today and the hunger pang disappeared after munching on the melons

I'm currently on medication for stomach ulcer and anaemia (iron tablets)...don't know how that's going to affect my health and weight loss goal...

Thank you again for your input and Happy Dieting you lovely ladies
Justalilbitmore is offline   Reply With Quote