Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/104/102

Height: 5'2"

Default October Feathers Chat Thread!

How's it going with everyone!?! 1200 calorie daily goal here- up from my old 900 calorie goal. I can't imagine going back! I love my food!

This is the point I was really planning to exercise more. I should totally do something about that. If only it would stop raining!!!!

Yay for fall!!!
kristip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:30 PM   #2  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristip View Post
How's it going with everyone!?! 1200 calorie daily goal here- up from my old 900 calorie goal. I can't imagine going back! I love my food!

This is the point I was really planning to exercise more. I should totally do something about that. If only it would stop raining!!!!

Yay for fall!!!
Thanks for starting the thread, Kristi. Can really relate to not going back to a lesser calorie count. I've thought about adding back the Saturday fast, and there's a very strong "No!" in the back of my mind when I think that.

I think we had a very successful September, all told. Congrats, everyone - way to keep track!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 130/108/104

Height: 5'3

Yay, new chat thread!

Man am I looking forward to some scarfs, flannels, and riding boots for the next couple of months.

Must be strong on my trips though...
1st trip, weekend cabin getaway to an Oktoberfest town. Upside: full kitchen to bring food/cook it. Downside: Oktoberfest beer....and I like beer.

2nd trip, 5 day trip to SoCal to visit family, and try on bridal dresses. Upside: Cali has lots of healthy places like wholefood etc. Downside: eating out, because no fridge in hotel.

I have found a really great Dukan rosemary cheese bread recipe that tastes great and satisfies my carb cravings. I also found some pumpkin mug/pudding dupes that are yummy. My goal is find 2 more recipes this month to satisfy my fall comfort food cravings.
chubbysmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:21 AM   #4  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

I've finally come to the sad conclusion that my body doesn't like wheat. I'm not allergic or anything, but eating it gums up the works like crazy and I feel so bloated afterward.

Last night I ate pizza for dinner (my son's b-day meal of choice) and I really shouldn't have. I feel kinda yuck today!

But in some ways this is a good thing, because I'm not numb to the effects of food on my body any more. I know what I need to eat to feel good, and I can recognise that certain foods make me feel bad. A step forward for sure. Now to just tell my mouth hunger that I don't need bread and pasta any more!
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/155/140

Height: 65 inches

Raisin5Cookies, I understand your feelings about wheat, although for me it's beef. It's sits in my stomach and I feel bleck. And we're having burgers tonight for my father-in-law's b-day.

I also have issues with carbs. As in, either I don't eat any or I eat way too many.
crunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:18 AM   #6  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbysmall View Post
Yay, new chat thread!

Man am I looking forward to some scarfs, flannels, and riding boots for the next couple of months.

Must be strong on my trips though...
1st trip, weekend cabin getaway to an Oktoberfest town. Upside: full kitchen to bring food/cook it. Downside: Oktoberfest beer....and I like beer.

2nd trip, 5 day trip to SoCal to visit family, and try on bridal dresses. Upside: Cali has lots of healthy places like wholefood etc. Downside: eating out, because no fridge in hotel.

I have found a really great Dukan rosemary cheese bread recipe that tastes great and satisfies my carb cravings. I also found some pumpkin mug/pudding dupes that are yummy. My goal is find 2 more recipes this month to satisfy my fall comfort food cravings.
There are so many positive sayings about how planning ahead makes all the difference, but it's too early to bring them up in my brain...ack. Ah, here's a good one from BrainyQuotes:

Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning. - Churchill

This is, essentially, what you've done, but skipped the worrying and gone right to the good part! Sounds like you have an amazing season planned.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

went to gym Thursday half hr class it's Called cardio tai box but was all arms I then went bowling and have sore shoulders now.im going to try fat burning Pilates instead.my weight is being stupid and I'm at 132.i am toying with the idea of seeing a dietician or trying the make ahead meals thing..
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:56 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymama View Post
Raisin5Cookies, I understand your feelings about wheat, although for me it's beef. It's sits in my stomach and I feel bleck. And we're having burgers tonight for my father-in-law's b-day.

I also have issues with carbs. As in, either I don't eat any or I eat way too many.
Oh, yes, meat is another thing I avoid. I hope you had a nice b-day meal regardless!

Today I saw a few people who I haven't seen in a while; I got a lot of positive feedback about my weight loss and one woman literally ran across the carpark to catch me before I left to congratulate me! I was really taken aback, but in a good way!

My family Does. Not. Notice. The children go, "huh, your tummy is smaller," and my husband says I look the same as I did when we first got married (14 years and 5 kids ago!). That's sweet, but no, I don't look the same. So at least I'm getting some feedback from other people!
Old 10-04-2015, 08:14 AM   #9  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisin5Cookies View Post
Oh, yes, meat is another thing I avoid. I hope you had a nice b-day meal regardless!

Today I saw a few people who I haven't seen in a while; I got a lot of positive feedback about my weight loss and one woman literally ran across the carpark to catch me before I left to congratulate me! I was really taken aback, but in a good way!

My family Does. Not. Notice. The children go, "huh, your tummy is smaller," and my husband says I look the same as I did when we first got married (14 years and 5 kids ago!). That's sweet, but no, I don't look the same. So at least I'm getting some feedback from other people!
I'm glad you're getting amazing feedback from others! I got it from like one friend and one family member. Maybe they were worried I would lose too much, but I mostly have a history of not losing weight, and that definitely would not be an issue.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Weighed in at 130 woot looks like my hard work is paying off.i need to try and only weigh in on Sunday's agai.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:05 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
I'm glad you're getting amazing feedback from others! I got it from like one friend and one family member. Maybe they were worried I would lose too much, but I mostly have a history of not losing weight, and that definitely would not be an issue.
It is a touchy subject, I think, and as a rule I don't say anything to other people about their weight.

The moment when I decided to never mention weight to anyone else, EVER, was when I mis-overheard a conversation at a party and thought an acquaintance had lost something like 40kg before I met her. I gushed on and on about what a lot of weight that was! Yeeaaahh. She was talking about how she gained it and was most hurt at my comments. I was seriously looking for a hole in the ground to dive into!!
Old 10-04-2015, 07:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 130/108/104

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
There are so many positive sayings about how planning ahead makes all the difference, but it's too early to bring them up in my brain...ack. Ah, here's a good one from BrainyQuotes:

Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning. - Churchill

This is, essentially, what you've done, but skipped the worrying and gone right to the good part! Sounds like you have an amazing season planned.
Thanks! I have found that early planning really helps me. Plus it taps into my natural Type A inclinations so that works too. I use the divider in my day planning to post all my meals for the week.

I actually got some feedback from co-workers these past 2 weeks on my weight loss. It seemed positive, but I hope they don't think I am wasting away or something...

Back to cooking, tomorrow is my birthday so I have a yummy lunch and light dinner planned so I can indulge in my healthy chocolate molten lava cake recipe in the pm. It really is so good, you wouldn't think it was low carb/low sugar.
chubbysmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:09 PM   #13  

Hi ladies I am new here. What diet are you all following to have lost all this weight?
Jackierenee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:01 AM   #14  

I do a 16:8 intermittent fast, no processed foods or added sugar, low carb, vegetarian thing. I don't follow a set of rules as such, just figured out what works for me and then found out there were "names" for it.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 152/104/102

Just low calorie! I was doing 900 (because I'm super short and petite boned), but have recently upped my daily goals to 1200 instead, but stick right around 1150 for the week on average. I use my fitness pal to chart and track, but only on my phone as an app.
kristip is offline   Reply With Quote