Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-16-2015, 12:07 PM   #46  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondi13 View Post
Hi Hungerwerks, intermittent fasting is something I am looking into to try to drop weight for my Bday in a little more than A week. Up and down but at least moving more in the downward direction. My gym just started a weightloss challenge that I would love to focus on my don't have enough to lose based on the others. Maybe I should just do it.....just to do it. I have to decide by the end of the month. I will what I get to by then.
That really sounds like fun! It would provide more incentive, too. Can't wait to hear what you decide!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:23 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 180/155/140

Height: 65 inches

I would log my weight, but I decided to have a free weekend. On Saturday, my father-in-law made pasta-- and I mean, MADE pasta; mixed eggs and flour, let it sit, rolled it out, cut it, this stuff never saw a box-- and then I more or less fasted yesterday. We still have a bunch of cupcakes, brownies and cookies around, so I'm doing my best to be good.

However, I made 2 miles in 27:20 yesterday, most of it running with very little walking.
crunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:49 PM   #48  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymama View Post
I would log my weight, but I decided to have a free weekend. On Saturday, my father-in-law made pasta-- and I mean, MADE pasta; mixed eggs and flour, let it sit, rolled it out, cut it, this stuff never saw a box-- and then I more or less fasted yesterday. We still have a bunch of cupcakes, brownies and cookies around, so I'm doing my best to be good.

However, I made 2 miles in 27:20 yesterday, most of it running with very little walking.
Sounds like my kind of weekend! Actually, it was my kind of weekend: There was much merry-making, including coconut cream pie, ribs, and baked potatoes with sour cream and buttah!

Nice time on the run! That's going to make a good difference. Babysitting is what turned the tide for me. That takes a lot of footwork with an active GrandBaby.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:09 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 145/140/115

Height: 5'3

Hey girls, I'm back.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately! 3 weeks passed and life happened and things got busy. And I haven't been focused on my diet. But I'm here to refocus because I really do need to lose the weight! Another 15 lbs at least, because I really can't afford to buy all new pants for spring (can't fit into my old ones from last year).

Good thing is though, stepped on the scale today and clocked in at 139.8 lbs. So, while I haven't lost any weight the past 3 weeks, I also haven't gained back the 5 lbs I lost in February. I was so sure I would have!

My goal is to be 125 again by 4th of July BBQs. That's about a pound a week. Think I can do it?
omnomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:11 PM   #50  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnomgirl View Post
Hey girls, I'm back.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately! 3 weeks passed and life happened and things got busy. And I haven't been focused on my diet. But I'm here to refocus because I really do need to lose the weight! Another 15 lbs at least, because I really can't afford to buy all new pants for spring (can't fit into my old ones from last year).

Good thing is though, stepped on the scale today and clocked in at 139.8 lbs. So, while I haven't lost any weight the past 3 weeks, I also haven't gained back the 5 lbs I lost in February. I was so sure I would have!

My goal is to be 125 again by 4th of July BBQs. That's about a pound a week. Think I can do it?
Not gaining back is quite an accomplishment - congratulations! And if you find an approach you like, that works, then losing one pound a week is definitely do-able.