Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:52 AM   #61  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

127.0 today wondering if my scale and tape measure are broke
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #62  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynxagain View Post
Skittles- on tape measurements. Best way to lose. Globs of fat gone forever. Peeling down to You.

Anyone else noticed how your belly gets jiggly-fat a day or two before you lose inches there.
Love that phrase, "Peeling down to you!"

I've noticed how, at the end of the day, my stomach and really from under the chest down is really bloated, then the next morning, all that bloat is gone. What's up with that?
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:52 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 143/121/115

Height: 5'5

How are you guys deciding on your goal weight? What if you get to that weight and still want to lose more, will you keep going?
eilidh429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:20 PM   #64  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilidh429 View Post
How are you guys deciding on your goal weight? What if you get to that weight and still want to lose more, will you keep going?
I was ill a few years ago, and got down to 103, so I know that's a weight I like. I also think, for many people, BMI is a good measure to go by for a healthy weight.

So, I know I'm not going to go lower than the lowest heathy BMI (18.5), which, for me, will be about 101 pounds. Plus, I want to stop seeing flab at my abdomen and thighs when I wear shorts, so that is a goal, too. Basically, I want to look good in shorts and a tank top, which I wear all the time.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:47 AM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
I was ill a few years ago, and got down to 103, so I know that's a weight I like. I also think, for many people, BMI is a good measure to go by for a healthy weight.

So, I know I'm not going to go lower than the lowest heathy BMI (18.5), which, for me, will be about 101 pounds. Plus, I want to stop seeing flab at my abdomen and thighs when I wear shorts, so that is a goal, too. Basically, I want to look good in shorts and a tank top, which I wear all the time.

Hope that helps!
Yeah that's interesting to read. I've never been 'thin' or less than I weigh now (which is exciting in itself!) so I don't really know what to aim for. Picked 118 as it would be a 25lb loss and that seemed like a nice round number. I guess I shall just have to see when I get there how it feels
Old 03-26-2015, 09:37 AM   #66  

I was too skinny at 103 I looked ok, but no girly curves, and I was showing too much bone in the area of the chest below the neck and above the breasts. I had to wear junior sized clothes which had a higher waist-line than where mine was.

People that reach their goal almost always lose more weight. I lose until my belly is gone.

I blew my diet yesterday. I need diet motivation, again. Time to go web surfing.

Last edited by Dynxagain; 03-26-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Dynxagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:24 PM   #67  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynxagain View Post
I was too skinny at 103 I looked ok, but no girly curves, and I was showing too much bone in the area of the chest below the neck and above the breasts. I had to wear junior sized clothes which had a higher waist-line than where mine was.

People that reach their goal almost always lose more weight. I lose until my belly is gone.

I blew my diet yesterday. I need diet motivation, again. Time to go web surfing.
What do you find motivating, if you don't mind my asking?
Old 03-27-2015, 07:56 AM   #68  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

128.4 the goal weight thing 120 sounded right but now I may end up higher or lower depending on when my body decides to look toned.

Last edited by skittlesfirehawk; 03-27-2015 at 07:57 AM.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:41 AM   #69  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
127.0 today wondering if my scale and tape measure are broke
Hey. I wouldn't discount that, for the scales! I weighed myself on two scales this morning, the Weight Watchers scale, which is new, and the Taylor scale, which was bought within the last year.

I was trying to get from 110.2, which was the official weigh-in weight from last week, to 109.8.

The WW scale said I was 109.8. Yay! The Taylor scale said I was 109! This repeated a couple of times, but then the Taylor scale said "109.6." That's a big difference from 109, so I've learned that I'm going to have to weigh myself at least three times on each scale, in case these crazy things decide to play games.

Last edited by HungerWerks; 03-27-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:34 PM   #70  

Wow Hunger, congrats on being under 110 - that's a massive accomplishment! You must be soooo pleased!
Old 03-27-2015, 05:53 PM   #71  

I'm embarrassed to say my anger over hurtful remarks repeople have made to me, is a really big motivator.

Ex 1: A friend saying "that big fat pig, Anna said to me" I WAS THE ONE WHO MADE THE REMARK, NOT ANNA.

Ex2: Someone called me "thunder thights"

Going out with people who enjoyed knowing I was the fattest one in the group and I felt like I didn't count.
We were all helping each other get ready and borrowing each others clothes, and they chose for me a full-skirted dark gray dress so I would just fade into the background for them.

Other people's hurts will bring to my mind the things that happened to me. I forget stuff and need to be reminded.

A good helping of hurt/anger will keep me working hard on a diet.

More on other motivation factors tomorrow.

Last edited by Dynxagain; 03-27-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:14 AM   #72  

Medical reasons to lose weight:

My Sister got black toes and feet from diabetic neuropathy. Scared me.
My Mom got dementia or alzheimers from not eating right foods.
My Friend got a little crazy from high blood sugars. He would do insane things, when his sugar was high.
Breathing problems when I exercise.

Other Motivations
Size 16's got to tight on me
Trouble getting off the couch or the floor
I'm weak all over, can't open bottles of water
Can't play simple games involving throwing (weak arms)
Can't stand with out shaking
Can't step up to reach things I get dizzy and afraid I will fall

Hun-OMG I missed your weight loss at an important number :encore :
Old 03-29-2015, 05:54 AM   #73  

Down to 124.2 after a week of lots of activity. Very happy! I love trying on old clothes and having them be way too big. Can't wait to go clothes shopping when I reach my goal weight!
Old 03-29-2015, 11:02 AM   #74  

Eli--I have boxes and boxes of smaller sized clothes in my garage. I have been patiently waiting until nicer weather so I can bring them inside so I can start trying them on. I'm junking or selling all my fat clothes. I need room for some NEW clothes. o' boy, o' boy!

I recently bought one of those bra-type things that they exercise in. It's too small for me now, but it's for later. Tee hee hee.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #75  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilidh429 View Post
Wow Hunger, congrats on being under 110 - that's a massive accomplishment! You must be soooo pleased!
Thank you very much, Eilidh! I am happy.