Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:00 AM   #1  
life is not a rehearsal

S/C/G: 62/60.5/50

Height: 5"4

Default Breaking away from the 130s!

Ladiesssss

New thread
Oneten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:05 AM   #2  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Thanks for starting this, Oneten!

We're in the home stretch of February, and looking forward to spring! Let's make this time all about taking good care of ourselves - because we're worth it (anybody else remember that commercial?).
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/ see ticker /115

Height: 5'3

Good morning (or evening), everyone!

I can't remember that commercial! What was it from?

Last edited by kifli; 02-23-2015 at 11:20 AM.
kifli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:36 PM   #4  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Hi everyone!

I am sooo close to the 120s, but I did have a pretty bad binge yesterday...hoping to forgive and forget and, so that, somewhere between 2 weeks and a month from now (I'm guessing roughly), get out of the 130s!

I think it'll take me awhile to really beat the 130s, though. My weight tends to fluctuate a lot during the day haha but we'll see! For now, I'm sticking to this thread (: Good luck to everyone!
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145/140/115

Thanks for starting this, Oneten! I was silly and didn't see this one, so I made a duplicate this morning. So please just IGNORE that one.

Going to push myself really hard in spin class this week to see if I can drop the pound I gained over the weekend (that pushed me back up to 140 ). What is it about the weekend that makes it so easy to slip up and indulge?
omnomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Thanks for the new thread!

I didn't make much progress out of the 130's so far this month, still taking it easy, but now that I'm almost 2 months post-partum, I plan on making a little more concerted effort to lose the weight. Currently even after a day of big/late in the day eating, I'm generally in the 60-61 kg range (132-134).... My goal is to make that 58-59 range by the end of March!

I'm gonna try to update here at least quickly every day, and just do some exercise every day and not binge on candy and chocolate when I get stressed out or bored during the day! I'm trying to get into the habit of finding better ways to pass the time in the long afternoons, like making more social plans with other moms, taking the baby out for a walk, and reading.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:28 PM   #7  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

O. k., I'm going to do one of those fancy posts where you reply to a bunch of people at once.

Kifli, of the Crescent Moon (what are those delicious-looking pastries?): It's a tagline from L'Oreal.

Wendybird: Forgiven and forgotten - today's a new day!

OmnomGirl: Thanks for the thought (about the thread)! I thought I'd try spinning, but I'm worried I'll be so slow - because I've never done it - I will literally be laughed out of the class. As far as the weekend goes, maybe it's because we have more free, unaccounted for time?

Mottainai: You look like a very determined person, in your avatar. Together and determined! I know you are going to be very successful, in keeping healthy, for you and for Sara, and in making your goals.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/ see ticker /115

Hunger - that's kifli, a Hungarian bread, that we would buy every morning when we stayed in Hungary, visiting my husband's father. It's baked fresh at a market a few cobblestone steps down the hill I'm quite fond of it, and like it for breakfast, hence the name!

Last edited by kifli; 02-23-2015 at 06:55 PM.
kifli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:29 PM   #9  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kifli View Post
Hunger - that's kifli, a Hungarian bread, that we would buy every morning when we stayed in Hungary, visiting my husband's father. It's baked fresh at a market a few cobblestone steps down the hill I'm quite fond of it, and like it for breakfast, hence the name!
They look so good! Imma have to check those out someday.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Thanks Hw!

133 this morning, but I had a ton of sweet snacks throughout the day, plus two hamburgers at dinner, lol, at 9 PM, so I'm sure some of that's still in there!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:41 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
OmnomGirl: Thanks for the thought (about the thread)! I thought I'd try spinning, but I'm worried I'll be so slow - because I've never done it - I will literally be laughed out of the class. As far as the weekend goes, maybe it's because we have more free, unaccounted for time?
Spinning is great! I would highly recommend it! I just started myself about 6 weeks ago, and I was so horribly out of shape my first class - hadn't gotten off the couch in about 6 months.

It's easy to pick up (just pedal furiously for the most part), and what's nice about it is that you control how hard you want to work because you can adjust the resistance on your bike. Lots of different levels in my class - super intense, jacked, athletic guys sweating buckets, a pair of sweet, 60-year-old ladies, and pretty much everything in between. It's really about owning your workout - pushing yourself how much you want to push that day. You can make it as easy or hard as you want. So you can pedal slow if you want to - no one will laugh at you!
Old 02-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #12  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottainai View Post
Thanks Hw!

133 this morning, but I had a ton of sweet snacks throughout the day, plus two hamburgers at dinner, lol, at 9 PM, so I'm sure some of that's still in there!
My first thought was "Hamburgers are good for Sara!" Protein is so important to a growing baby.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:05 PM   #13  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnomgirl View Post
Spinning is great! I would highly recommend it! I just started myself about 6 weeks ago, and I was so horribly out of shape my first class - hadn't gotten off the couch in about 6 months.

It's easy to pick up (just pedal furiously for the most part), and what's nice about it is that you control how hard you want to work because you can adjust the resistance on your bike. Lots of different levels in my class - super intense, jacked, athletic guys sweating buckets, a pair of sweet, 60-year-old ladies, and pretty much everything in between. It's really about owning your workout - pushing yourself how much you want to push that day. You can make it as easy or hard as you want. So you can pedal slow if you want to - no one will laugh at you!
Thanks for the encouragement! Just so long as the instructor isn't one of these:
Old 02-25-2015, 11:25 AM   #14  

139.4 again this morning. Yayyyy, slowly battling my way back down.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:53 AM   #15  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnomgirl View Post
139.4 again this morning. Yayyyy, slowly battling my way back down.
Cool - congrats! And love your new avatar, btw.